SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Hostilities going on where? What are you talking about?

Read the last few pages.

I went into work for a little today. Guess what I wore a mask (required to at Dick's, those dicks). I used some hand sanitizer when I left too.

I went and had service done on my work vehicle afterwards, didn't wear a mask at the dealership, no signs requiring it, but once again when I left I used hand sanitizer. I also wiped down the steering wheel, gear shifter, and door handle with Lysol wipes.

Go ahead guys, call me crazy, brainwashed, or living in fear.

If possible I'd prefer not to get the bug, but I'm almost to the point of wanting to lick door knobs and get it over with. Although if I need to wear a mask at the job location I go to tomorrow, I will. If they don't have a sign up then I won't.

It's possible that some people both want to push back against overreach while also not wanting to get sick. During flu season I also wash my hands more and ask customers to use their own pens if they are visibly sick. I also use hand wipes when I go into dirty customers houses.

Taking normal precautions pre-COVID was not frowned upon, I don't know why it is today. Even after this stupid nonsense is over, I will still wash my hands more frequently during flu season and use hand wipes when exposed to visibly sick people, as I always have.

I prefer not to get the Wu-flu, regular flu, or the cold if possible. I don't understand why anyone would care if someone washes their hands an extra time or two a day or doesn't stage a protest if the store you enter asks you to wear a mask.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I think this thing will be around until about the second week of November.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Hostilities going on where? What are you talking about?
Read the last few pages.
What, are you kidding me?

If you don't like the tone of the thread, you don't have to even open it up, much less post in it. Just cool it with this "hostility" stuff. You are out of line.

Posts: 107603 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Skins: I was simply talking about the misleading nature of the experts that everyone is clamoring about along with the shit data that they are spewing out as fact. My intent was to say that if flu vs COVID-19 was tested 1:1, the flu is more contagious, deadly, and more prevalent. The only reason COVID 19 is a thing this year is because of who is going to be elected president for 2020. Come November 4th, this shit will be a distant memory because it will have failed to stop President Donald J. Trump from his 2nd term!

I can't argue with a thing you've said. We've got garbage data, no one can draw any conclusions from it one way or another. The only I conclusions I can draw are 1) it's not as bad as first feared, 2) it's not going anywhere, 3) we can't do a damn thing about it, 4) some people will die, and it's unfortunate/unavoidable, 5) if we continue these BS lockdowns (and self imposed lockdowns) many more people will die and ruin the best economy we've had in a long time, 6) I don't want to catch it if possible.

I hope to have a virtual beer with you on Nov. 4 in the wee hours of the morning.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...The only reason COVID 19 is a thing this year is because of who is going to be elected president for 2020.

If that were true, then all the UK, Brazilian, Italian, Chinese, Canadian, Dutch, German, French, and Spanish media would not be covering the virus in their country. COVID-19 is a global "thing;' it is a thing in many countries that have no interest in our election. I'm not saying the countries are not interested in the results, but their media clearly is not covering all the deaths and uncertainty because of who might be the next President of the United States.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
If anyone is watching Fox, I’ll be at the NJ gym opening

Just saw a video of that or at least a gym opening in NJ. Cops were very cool.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:

Some universities are anticipating a second wave around that time.

The Univ of South Carolina will hold classes in the fall up until Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving, they're going to online classes with remote exams. No fall break either. Article here. It makes no sense to me. If they're worried about students returning after Thanksgiving with the virus, then they should be worried about students showing up in August with it.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Depends on the results, of course.

But yeah, it's a thing but it's been amplified about 300x because, you know, Orange Man Bad.

quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
The Univ of South Carolina will hold classes in the fall up until Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving, they're going to online classes with remote exams. No fall break either.
They must have some crystal ball to come up with all that, this soon.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

Honestly, you strike me as COVID19-bipolar.

I never really know what side you are on, other than you are REAAAALLLY worked up about it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
If anyone is watching Fox, I’ll be at the NJ gym opening

Just saw a video of that or at least a gym opening in NJ. Cops were very cool.
According to that walking pile of excrement Murphy, "Tomorrow will be very different" for anyone who shows up at that gym. These morons aren't going to be satisfied until the public writ large goes ape shit on them. The stupid has reached monumental levels.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scientists dictating social policy. What could possibly go wrong? On top of that we have news media bobble heads interpreting data. I am glad that social media was not around during the Manhattan project.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
went into work for a little today. Guess what I wore a mask (required to at Dick's, those dicks). I used some hand sanitizer when I left too

I think most of us would believe that wearing a mask as required by a employer is less over reaching than some government and politicians mandating it. I, however, won't go into my opinion of Dicks Big Grin. I use hand sanitizer each time I get back in the car as well and wash my hands upon reaching home. I do believe that this sudden emphasis on masks at this point is just more fear mongering from media and politicians. If they are so damn important then why were they not such a priority months ago? It's being used now to continue exerting their control and exploiting fears. They see their control slipping away more each day as more people realize all the lies we have been told.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of punch out
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Speaking of Gov Abbot, he dropped this chart in a tweet earlier today...

Ha! Good typo. The morality rate certainly could use a bump.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We are more concerned with American Idol than we are with American Security and freedom..."

Posts: 3830 | Location: Land of the Prius... | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TAllen01:
quote:
...The only reason COVID 19 is a thing this year is because of who is going to be elected president for 2020.

If that were true, then all the UK, Brazilian, Italian, Chinese, Canadian, Dutch, German, French, and Spanish media would not be covering the virus in their country. COVID-19 is a global "thing;' it is a thing in many countries that have no interest in our election. I'm not saying the countries are not interested in the results, but their media clearly is not covering all the deaths and uncertainty because of who might be the next President of the United States.

No interest in our election? Do you realize how many Trillions of American dollars are on the line in those countries if DJT gets round 2? Trade deals, military/humanitarian aide, outright hatred the United States....nope, no interest in our election results here Roll Eyes

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TAllen01:
quote:

If that were true, then all the UK, Brazilian, Italian, Chinese, Canadian, Dutch, German, French, and Spanish media would not be covering the virus in their country.

Swing, and miss, strike.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16702 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Come November 4th, this shit will be a distant memory because it will have failed to stop President Donald J. Trump from his 2nd term!

When Trump is re-elected -it will be Covid-19 coming back for round 3,4,5,6,7,8.........
If America is suicidal and votes Biden, it will become a non event

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I went and had service done on my work vehicle afterwards, didn't wear a mask at the dealership, no signs requiring it, but once again when I left I used hand sanitizer. I also wiped down the steering wheel, gear shifter, and door handle with Lysol wipes.

I don't see the issue with taking basic precautions. Before this COVID stuff I washed my hands frequently throughout the day and generally consider myself a clean person when it comes to my car, office, home, etc. What I have an issue with the government not giving me the option of going places while practicing these precautions.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Exactly.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you discuss Flu, remember it can change into pneumonia pretty quick. And that can and does kill people.
A couple of years ago I got the Flu that warped into pneumonia and put me in the ER. They wanted admit me but my crappy insurance would have bankrupted me so I declined. Took me a month to turn the corner on it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Now even liberal Democrats are seeing that they've gone too far:

https://disrn.com/news/dem-col...onavirus-death-count
No, from what I read in a couple places, some health department scumbags got caught all but red handed changing death certificates to Covid, and a couple Repub congressmen asked the state attorney general to investigate. It was only after that happened that these 'recounts' began.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post