SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
The flu is not as contagious as this one. Nor is it as prevalent.

Not as prevalent? For not being very prevalent, it sure kills a lot of motherfuckers every year. Just sayin’.

Posts: 5200 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shifferbrains:
quote:
The flu is not as contagious as this one. Nor is it as prevalent.

Not as prevalent? For not being very prevalent, it sure kills a lot of motherfuckers every year. Just sayin’.
And just be clear, we have a "vaccine" for it as well, well, whatever strain they think will be the worst that particular year. Roll Eyes

I bolded that word because as far as I know, Samuel Jackson isn't on this board to say it. Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
2) If we weren't actively looking for it in the general population- Would We Even Know It's Here?

This is the problem I have with all the bullshit media reports of "experts" giving us data. It's only data because they were looking for it. I will guarantee that the flu would be more contagious, more deadly, and more statistically relevant if all these fucking "experts" were looking for it and counting deaths the same as they are for the Wu Flu.....the difference right now is it is an election year with the best economy this country has ever seen and the run of the mill flu would not have panicked the sheep like some unknown horseshit like we are seeing now.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the Flu (Influenza A,B,H1N1, etc) - why have we not heard of anyone dying from this "un-novel" virus over the past 60+ days?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Speaking of the Flu (Influenza A,B,H1N1, etc) - why have we not heard of anyone dying from this "un-novel" virus over the past 60+ days?

Da rona cured EVERYONE of the Flu

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Lots of expansion on the opening of activities and businesses announced by Governor Abbott for Texas today.

In addition to lots of businesses opening, from bars to bowling alleys, childcare facilites and office buildings, it looks like we will get to play some baseball here this summer!

Effective May 31, 2020, youth sports may begin holding practices without spectators other than one parent or guardian per participant, as needed. Those sports may begin holding games or similar competitions, with or without spectators, on or after June 15, 2020. Spectators should maintain at least 6 feet social distancing from individuals not within the spectator’s group.

Complete plan at link below.
https://gov.texas.gov/organization/opentexas

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Gov Abbot, he dropped this chart in a tweet earlier today...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
2) If we weren't actively looking for it in the general population- Would We Even Know It's Here?

This is the problem I have with all the bullshit media reports of "experts" giving us data. It's only data because they were looking for it. I will guarantee that the flu would be more contagious, more deadly, and more statistically relevant if all these fucking "experts" were looking for it and counting deaths the same as they are for the Wu Flu.....the difference right now is it is an election year with the best economy this country has ever seen and the run of the mill flu would not have panicked the sheep like some unknown horseshit like we are seeing now.

They are looking for it, and have for many years.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluactivitysurv.htm

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:

They are looking for it, and have for many years.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluactivitysurv.htm

How many flu tests are given in a year?

How many drive through testing sites have you seen for the flu?

How many dead bodies are swabbed so they can say that the flu killed them even when it was cancer?

How many extra dollars are hospitals getting for treating "positive" flu cases?

I can go on and on.

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Texas Gov. Abbott opens next phase:
https://www.khou.com/article/n...7b-b0cc-ff559a587517

Gov. Abbott: Starting Friday, Texas bars can open at 25% capacity, restaurants up to 50%

Summer camps will also be allowed open this summer; youth sports leagues can begin practicing May 31

Other things opening Friday

Abbott announced the following businesses and entertainment venues can reopen Friday:

Aquariums
Bowling alleys
Bingo halls
Natural caverns
Rodeos/Equestrian events
Skating rinks
Zoos

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Dr. Fauci... still a snake in the grass.

Dr. Fauci and the Tuskegee Syphilis Study victims

Although Dr. Anthony Fauci's NIAID (one of the institutes of the NIH) has lost its power to slow-walk a vaccine solution to COVID-19, he still retains his power to disparage HCQ (hydroxychloroquine), the most effective treatment against COVID-19. During the last couple weeks, he has publicized two studies in which HCQ without zinc hasn't worked with hospitalized patients. He has been so successful at disparaging HCQ that hospital use of HCQ has been declining.

HCQ is a zinc-ionophore (meaning that it helps transport available zinc from the bloodstream through cell walls into cells where it slows virus replication). Medical researchers from around the world have been calling for the combo of HCQ and zinc supplements to be tested, based upon their extensive reviews of the research evidence. These researchers include Shittu and Afolami from Michigan, Scholz and Derwand from Germany, and Noeparast and Verschelden from Belgium.

But Fauci is about to begin a study in which he will test HCQ by administering it without zinc to mild and moderately severe COVID-19 cases. In contrast, doctors at St. Francis Hospital in New York pay attention to the medical research. They just announced a study that will test HCQ with zinc with non-hospitalized COVID-19 patients.

A retrospective study at NYU just found that the St. Francis doctors are on the right track, but Fauci is not. The NYU team began its study of hospitalized patients without zinc, but midway through, they read the research, which holds that the HCQ-zinc combination can be more effective, so they added zinc sulfate supplements to their HCQ-azithromycin treatment.

When they compared the results when HCQ was given with zinc to results when it was given without zinc, those who were given HCQ with zinc had much lower death rates and faster recoveries than those who were given HCQ without zinc, but only if the HCQ-zinc treatment were given before the patients became so severely sick that they required intensive care.

COVID-19 patients are largely drawn from groups that are known to have zinc deficiencies (i.e., the elderly, black Americans, diabetics, those with cancer, and those with low hemoglobin levels). When Fauci tests HCQ on them without giving them zinc at the same time, many will die. In the 1930s and 1940s, the NIH deprived black Americans of life-saving penicillin in the infamous Tuskegee Syphilis Study. Now, under the leadership of Antony Fauci, the NIH is about to begin a study that will deprive them of life-saving zinc.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.co...s.html#ixzz6MpRdkqBs

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

How many flu tests are given in a year?

How many drive through testing sites have you seen for the flu?

How many dead bodies are swabbed so they can say that the flu killed them even when it was cancer?

How many extra dollars are hospitals getting for treating "positive" flu cases?

I can go on and on.

I would assume not nearly as many flu tests are preformed as COVID19, yet they are still able to say 50-70k people die from the flu every year. Those doctors must have some secret motive for listing flu as the likely cause of death.

Jesus man, I'm not trying to pick a fucking fight with you. It was a simple point that they preform tons of flu tests every year, lots of people die from the flu, and we do track it.

Have a fucking beer and relax, I'm not interested in a pissing contest with you. You win.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Now even liberal Democrats are seeing that they've gone too far:

https://disrn.com/news/dem-col...onavirus-death-count

quote:

Dem Colorado governor pushes back against CDC's coronavirus death count

Colorado's Democrat governor, Jared Polis, has changed the official number of deaths in his state attributed to COVID-19.

Polis issued a public correction after a report from Colorado's state health department revealed that a previous tally had included people who carried the virus but died from other causes.

"The [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] criteria include anybody who has died with COVID-19, but what the people of Colorado and the people of the country want to know is how many people died of COVID-19," Polis told Fox News.

The adjustment dropped Colorado's official death count by nearly 300, from 1,150 deaths to 878.

The Colorado announcement follows Dr. Deborah Birx, White House task force response coordinator, questioning the legitimacy of the CDC's numbers herself.

"There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust," Birx reportedly told Robert Redfield, the director of the CDC.

Discrepancies over the methodology used in calculating coronavirus deaths have been intensified in a time of heightened political tension, something Polis made clear he wanted to avoid.

"No, in fact, one of the reasons we wanted to make sure we reported it out in a better way was to inspire confidence so that it wouldn't be politicized," Polis said. "These are deaths that should not be politicized."

Polis also signaled that his primary focus is getting his state back to work again.

"There's a time for politics, there's a time for elections. This isn't it," Polis said.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Here's a little break from the hostilities going on here, some good news:

Stocks up on easing of restrictions and hope for vaccine.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hostilities going on where? What are you talking about?

Posts: 107608 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The Swedish philosophy in regards to covid should be required reading for governors and mayors.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
So does the news that the President is taking hydroxychloroquine go here or in the Trump thread? Big Grin

Cavuto is all upset about this, telling people don’t take it, it can kill you.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
So does the news that the President is taking hydroxychloroquine go here or in the Trump thread? Big Grin

I'm sure his doctors are watching him very closely.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Skins: I was simply talking about the misleading nature of the experts that everyone is clamoring about along with the shit data that they are spewing out as fact. My intent was to say that if flu vs COVID-19 was tested 1:1, the flu is more contagious, deadly, and more prevalent. The only reason COVID 19 is a thing this year is because of who is going to be elected president for 2020. Come November 4th, this shit will be a distant memory because it will have failed to stop President Donald J. Trump from his 2nd term!

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Both
quote:
He thinks he's slick, but I and many Americans have him figured out.

Posts: 107608 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post