SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
It may be different in Australia, but here in the states, I believe that the police are part of the criminal justice system, which to me definitely means they’re “the government”-much as the military is.

I suppose that Australia could have privately contracted police forces, and therefore they would not be government employees…but even then, they would be acting as officers of the state, and thus they would be “the government.”

So…I contend that it is the government shooting its citizens in the back…not “people in the government.” To me, you’re trying to absolve the government…but maybe I misunderstood what you’re saying in the text I bolded. (Wouldn’t be the first time I misinterpreted a post).

All is IMNSHO!

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I contend that it is the government shooting its citizens in the back…not “people in the government.

To me the "government" is no different than a "coporation". It exists only as a piece of paper.

What makes government and corporations do anything, because paper can't do anything, is the people involved. So yes, it's "the government" but that is nothing without the action of "the people".

That, and you can't shove a less than leathal device sideways up the government's ass. Paper doesn't have an ass. People on the other hand.....

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Sorry if what I wrote was confusing. I'm not trying to absolve government. But like a1abdj says, government and corporations are abstractions and legal entities. They are not people. Politicians may make up what we think of as government. But the people shooting at civilians here, while perhaps employed by the government, can't hide behind the 'government' here. They are people. They are your neighbors. Your neighbors are shooting at you for standing up for freedom and your rights.

These hideous actions shouldn't be just abstracted as actions of government. They are the actions of individual people, your neighbors, who have the ability to just say "no, I will not shoot at these civilians; it's not right." These are the actions of, as bigdeal put it, government thugs, not an abstraction we call government. Specific people.

The government should be held to account. But explicitly, so should these 'cops' - "just following orders" should not excuse their hideous actions. These "cops" should be held accountable for shooting at unarmed civilians who simply demand the free exercise of their rights.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Right once again, Konata...100%!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Australia update: Melbourne, Victoria.

First up - thanks to all who commented on the Shrine of Remembrance and the protestors there.
There's always two sides, and I hadn't fully appreciated that.

From Day 3:
Golf balls and batteries projectiles thrown.
200 arrests at the Shrine. $5000 AU fines for breaching public health orders; some charged with assault on police.
A police task force has been established to pour over hundreds of hours of footage from Melbourne’s vast network of CCTV cameras, as well as officers’ body cams, to identify individuals and hunt them down.
Investigations into who attacked vaccine hub clinic workers in Melbourne during a day of chaos and mayhem.

Day 4:
health workers and teachers join the rally.

Extract from a news.com.au article:
" ... high-visibility workwear donned by protesters, including non-tradies, was becoming “vilified” and that a more “sophisticated” look is now needed.

“Everyone start turning up in suits, shirts/ties, dress shoes. Look smart, look sophisticated,” one said.

“So they can see how many different industries are standing up,” another added.

The CBD no-fly zone has been lifted, so MSM helicopter news crews will be up and recording. No live broadcast, as the concern is that protestors will see where the police are and the tactics.

(Image sources news.com.au)

A heavy police presence is growing at anticipated flashpoints across the city, including the area surrounding the construction union where the first violent demonstration took place on Monday. Zero tolerance.

</chris>
ps - Para, if this is too much info ...?

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Watching the pressure cooker that is Australia finally blow is going to be a sight to see.

Remember South Africa a few months back? It may end up looking like that.

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
A police task force has been established...to identify individuals and hunt them down.

Is that really the way they're framing it Down Under?

Me thinks they've already gone too far, but what do I know. Of course they may go well beyond that too. I'm afraid to think how REALLY Ugly things will get once the imbiciles in the .gov start saying, 'well we've gone this far, we can't turn back now'! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has Biden’s mandate actually been made official? I couldn’t find it online.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He wants to turn service members into felons, putting them in the same category as rapists, murderers and deserters. At this time in our history I would advise our young people to not enlist in the military, and I have never before felt this way.

Biden Pushing For Dishonourable Discharges, Court Martials For Troops Who Refuse Vaccines

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-who-refuse-vaccines

The Biden administration is pushing for dishonourable discharges and even court martialing for troops who disobey orders to get COVID vaccines.

GOP Representative Mark Green of Tennessee proposed an amendment this week to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that would prohibit “any discharge but honorable” for troops who refuse vaccines.

The White House responded with a statement noting “The Administration strongly opposes section 716,” reasoning that it would “detract from readiness and limit a commander’s options for enforcing good order and discipline when a Service member fails to obey a lawful order to receive a vaccination.”

The statement added “To enable a uniformed force to fight with discipline, commanders must have the ability to give orders and take appropriate disciplinary measures.”

Responding to the statement, Rep. Green said “I am appalled that the Biden Administration is trying to remove my amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act that prevents anything but an honorable discharge for service members who refuse to get the COVID-19 vaccine.”

Green added “This was a bipartisan amendment — every Democrat on the House Armed Services Committee agreed to it.”

“No American who raises their hand to serve our Nation should be punished for making a highly personal medical decision,” Green previously urged.

Another section of the bill, 720, proposes that troops who have previously had COVID-19 should be exempted from a vaccine mandate. The Biden administration also opposes it, claiming it creates “a new and overly broad exemption from the vaccination requirement for previous infection that would undermine the effectiveness of the requirement.”

The House is expected to vote on the NDAA early Thursday morning.

As we have previously noted, there has been significant resistance to vaccine mandates among military service members.

Tucker Carlson revealed Monday that a bizarre presentation was given to troops sardonically ridiculing vaccine mandates with links to satanism, as the military pushes mandates, even for elite navy SEALS who have had the virus and have natural immunity.

Video at link

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The AMA Is Teaching Doctors Psychological Manipulation Tactics to Coerce the Unvaccinated
by Dr. Joseph Mercola
https://noqreport.com/2021/09/...ce-the-unvaccinated/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
Have I missed something? What mandate?

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
The White House responded with a statement noting “The Administration strongly opposes section 716,” reasoning that it would “detract from readiness and limit a commander’s options for enforcing good order and discipline when a Service member fails to obey a lawful order to receive a vaccination.”

<rhetorical> Has this presidential mandate been determined to translate into a lawful order for military members? If so, when and by which judicial entity did this occur? <rhetorical>

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
Para, if this is too much info ...?
You have greater access to news about the situation than we here in the US, and you know far better than we, the attitudes of the Australian people. Without wishing to place upon you an undue burden, we rely upon you and other Australian forum members to bring us news from your country. Feel free to post whatever you deem relevant.

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
Have I missed something? What mandate?

September 9, 2021, in a sweeping executive order, president Joe Biden mandated all U.S. companies with 100 or more employees to require COVID vaccination or weekly testing, or face federal fines of up to $14,000 per violation. Biden also ordered businesses to give time off to employees to receive the injections.

Biden is also requiring all federal employees and federal contractors to get the shots. For unspecified reasons, postal workers and members of Congress and their staff are exempt from the vaccine mandate. Biden did not make any exceptions for persons who have already had COVID and recovered, and therefore have antibodies to the virus.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/20...ndate-means-for-you/

Biden Pushing For Dishonourable Discharges, Court Martials For Troops Who Refuse Vaccines

White House claims anything but dishonorable discharge for refusing vaccines would “detract from readiness and limit a commander’s options for enforcing good order and discipline.”

https://summit.news/2021/09/23...who-refuse-vaccines/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
As far as government employees, executive orders can only be applied to the executive branch. Of course, this clearly highlights the hypocrisy of the leftist trash running the country into the ground and of the entire government at large that anyone DARE to abstain from getting the miracle elixir, but here we are. I’ll be leaving federal service 5 months early as a direct result, barring a last minute change of the mandate. My dearest wish is that Biden suffers a debilitating stroke that leaves his “doctor” wife to feed him oatmeal for the remainder of both their days as a reward for the attack on freedom we see now.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nothing these traitors try surprises me, but is refusing a vaccine grounds for a dishonorable discharge? It’s my understanding that you would have to have committed a serious crime such as rape, murder, etc. For the military folks, is insubordination, ie.- failing to follow the direct order to get the vaccine grounds for a true dishonorable discharge?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I remember right before Desert Storm we had to get juiced up for whatever bio attack we might have come up against.
Some didn't want to and you pretty much had no choice in the matter.
Get the shots or else.

I don't recall anyone refusing to get them so don't know what happened to those who did.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yes they can. However, the person can get it changed to “Other than Honorable” which isn’t as bad.

I think before it’s over, the military will get it right. I think as much as people want to claim how “woke” the military is right now, I think they’ll continue to get it right. I think they are doing the same thing that all federal agencies are doing right now. Trying to navigate the minefield of having this level of incompetence in charge.

I’m seeing the military through the eyes of a PFC, and I think they’ll eventually get it right.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:

Nothing these traitors try surprises me, but is refusing a vaccine grounds for a dishonorable discharge? It’s my understanding that you would have to have committed a serious crime such as rape, murder, etc. For the military folks, is insubordination, ie.- failing to follow the direct order to get the vaccine grounds for a true dishonorable discharge?

Maybe a Big Chicken Dinner aka Bad Conduct Discharge for not obeying orders. It definitely shouldn't be a Dishonorable Discharge (which are usually felony charges, I have seen troops and officers sentenced for a year and a day to make it a felony for the Dishonorable Discharge) , but who knows with the current state of Generals as they are the ones that approve or request charges and findings for and from Court Martial.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes they can. However, the person can get it changed to “Other than Honorable” which isn’t as bad.

It might not be as bad but it certainly isn't good. If they were to go that route than a general discharge would make more sense.

But they're not trying to make sense, they are picking and choosing ways to coerce people into getting the jab.

If they offered a GD military readiness would fall below the minimum and general officers would get an ass-chewing and they don't want to affect their pensions.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post