SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... 1208
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
My nurse buddy who was in a room for a week with an intubated patient who tested positive for corona virus just got his results back....

Negative.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Unfocused restrictions are crushing the health care industry. Here in Michigan, hospital systems are closing floors and furloughing thousands.

Even in the metro Detroit area where hospitals are at capacity treating covid patients, they are hemorrhaging cash.

Beaumont Hospital System is one of the largest systems, usually profiting about $16 million per month. Currently they are losing $100 million in cash each month.

Too much being on standby has resulted in gross under utilization of our health care industry.

In Michigan, we have 3 more weeks of statewide lockdown. No attempts have been made to only address restrictions where there is a critical need. Instead they apply them statewide. FYI, most of Michigan's population is in the small southeastern corner. The rest of the state is very rural, lower populations.

The governor has failed to adapt as this has developed.

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://hotair.com/archives/ed...oronavirus-lab-2018/

In January 2018, the U.S. Embassy in Beijing took the unusual step of repeatedly sending U.S. science diplomats to the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV), which had in 2015 become China’s first laboratory to achieve the highest level of international bioresearch safety (known as BSL-4). WIV issued a news release in English about the last of these visits, which occurred on March 27, 2018. The U.S. delegation was led by Jamison Fouss, the consule general in Wuhan, and Rick Switzer, the embassy’s counselor of environment, science, technology and health. Last week, WIV erased that statement from its website, though it remains archived on the Internet.

What the U.S. officials learned during their visits concerned them so much that they dispatched two diplomatic cables categorized as Sensitive But Unclassified back to Washington. The cables warned about safety and management weaknesses at the WIV lab and proposed more attention and help. The first cable, which I obtained, also warns that the lab’s work on bat coronaviruses and their potential human transmission represented a risk of a new SARS-like pandemic.

“During interactions with scientists at the WIV laboratory, they noted the new lab has a serious shortage of appropriately trained technicians and investigators needed to safely operate this high-containment laboratory,” states the Jan. 19, 2018, cable, which was drafted by two officials from the embassy’s environment, science and health sections who met with the WIV scientists.

An accident waiting to happen!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38723 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
We should horde Duke's mayo now.

quote:
Duke's Mayo Employees Furloughed due to COVID-19

Parent Company of Duke's Mayonnaise, Sauer Brands Inc., announced they will have to furlough employees.

The news came down Monday. 131 employees will be furloughed nationwide, 97 of which work here in Mauldin.

Sauer said the furloughs are temporary.

President and CEO Martin Kelly said “We know this is a difficult time for everybody, particularly those who are directly affected, and we regret that circumstances have made this action necessary.”

Employees will be paid through Friday April 17th and eligible to file for unemployment benefits.

The company is keeping employee's health insurance intact and said they will cover their contribution costs of the benefits for the next 2 months.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Right to practically freaking zero the last week of March.

While that's conspicious compared to the last three seasons, it's actually not unusual if you go further back. The same chart from the 2012/13 report shows similar or lower numbers at that point for the three preceding seasons. In 2011/12 the flu seems to have been almost a no-show with just 4,400 cases for the whole season. With over 157,000, the current one has actually been fairly serious, and I suspect that contributed to the rapid drop-off - compared to previous years, more people got it faster, so it burned out quickly.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
There's a lot of people around here saying fuck it and going back to work this week. There's been more traffic on the roads and I even see stores advertising with big banners that they are open again. The people who are too afraid to leave their houses can stay home all they want but the rest of us have had enough. The way it should have been all along.
Seems like the political charade is almost over.
I still find it odd that people can be so brainwashed by the media still. I hear otherwise intelligent people parroting what the MSM told them to say.
"You got to stay home so I don't get sick"
"If you're out and about and get sick then I won't be able to get a spot in the hospital when I get sick"
Well chief, you do you and leave me the hell out of it.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
That was a point made on Rush yesterday, hospitals are losing money hand over fist, procedures for anything but COVID-19, delivery of babies and emergency services are pretty much shut down.

Revenue is going into the tank, no labs, xrays, elective surgery, followups etc

Posts: 23589 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Seems like the media has done a great job and getting under peoples skin on this. They got most people in America to lecture the msm's narrative to their neighbor then turn him in if he doesn't kowtow and obey.
It's evident in this thread how even conservative members here aren't immune.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
Stopped in the local grocery store yesterday, they have now blocked off aisles to try to keep the flow of foot traffic in the directions they want it. They also now have a sign on the front door stating the local fire dept has reduced their capacity for the time being.

I've not saw any signs about reduced capacity around here, but assume that's why they 're counting people and limiting capacity to 5 per 1000 square ft.
It still looks like a tragedy waiting to happen.

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The DOJ is finally getting involved in the prohibition of church services and saying they can't do it.. Though it is so far, just a case in Mississippi, maybe Barr and the DOJ will go further in other cases now. If DOJ would smack down a few of these little tyrants, the rest might pause a bit.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...-conduct/ar-BB12CztB

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Seems like the media has done a great job and getting under peoples skin on this. They got most people in America to lecture the msm's narrative to their neighbor then turn him in if he doesn't kowtow and obey.
It's evident in this thread how even conservative members here aren't immune.

The media is controlled by China through all their investments, so they're just doing their job to help their masters.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16536 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Right to practically freaking zero the last week of March.

The data for actual totals lags by several months, this happens every year. It's not a grand conspiracy to count all flu/pneumonia cases & deaths as Corona-19 deaths. You can't directly compare to totals from previous years without taking into account that we are looking at incomplete partial data for this year.

Much more detail here:
https://arcdigital.media/debun...therism-c290fc660a12

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Unfocused restrictions are crushing the health care industry.
Our neighbor across the street is a nurse, and she told us today that she was furloughed last Friday.

Posts: 107743 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Unfocused restrictions are crushing the health care industry.
Our neighbor across the street is a nurse, and she told us today that she was furloughed last Friday.

A friend of ours is a nurse at the local hospital and has only worked a couple days a week because of so few patients. Yet, our idiot governor said yesterday that he can't ease restrictions because of an impending shortage of beds.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Same at hospital I'm familiar with. Radiology volume is at 45% of normal, a pretty good indicator of the patient load. ER empty, patient floor empty other than the couple floors with some COVID patients there, staff on 50%-furlough type plan.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12445 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Confused So are we not giving sick people hospital beds in case we need hospital beds for sick people?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
A nurse at our local hospital said ( yesterday) its been eerily quiet.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15910 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:

A friend of ours is a nurse at the local hospital and has only worked a couple days a week because of so few patients. Yet, our idiot governor said yesterday that he can't ease restrictions because of an impending shortage of beds.

Yep. People furloughed and on reduced shifts throughout our healthcare system and we're one of the largest in the region. There is no shortage of beds, PPE, staff, respirators, etc. Yet there's Governor Cooper calling for more restrictions. He's not a leader - he's a pandering, spineless, conniving fuck. Can't wait for the next election to vote his ass out.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6740 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Confused So are we not giving sick people hospital beds in case we need hospital beds for sick people?

Peoples gallbladders and pancreases stopped exploding on March 1st.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post