SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Not defending anyone, just telling you you should look in your own backyard before squawking about others.

And tell me what 2nd Amendment rights I'm missing out on? I can own any gun, can, magazine, ammo I could in Utah. Concealed carry is a piece of cake, open carry is legal if you choose, and the county I live in is a 2nd Amendment sanctuary. Maybe try educating yourself before talking about something you know nothing about.

Posts: 1822 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If Satchmo were still with us, he could play us a dirge for the US economy.

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
And tell me what 2nd Amendment rights I'm missing out on?

The right to sell/loan a firearm to a friend without asking for the government’s permission. The right to not be “red flagged.” There’s two rather big ones that differentiate our two states. I hope OR can beat back the AWB on the horizon. Hell, I hope Utah can keep it at bay as well.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8232 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
And tell me what 2nd Amendment rights I'm missing out on?

The right to sell/loan a firearm to a friend without asking for the government’s permission. The right to not be “red flagged.” There’s two rather big ones that differentiate our two states. I hope OR can beat back the AWB on the horizon. Hell, I hope Utah can keep it at bay as well.

Neither of which mean dick. Outside of Portland and Salem no one is enforcing either.

Posts: 1822 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, if it don't mean dick, I suppose it's alright.

Posts: 108103 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Neither of which mean dick. Outside of Portland and Salem no one is enforcing either.

At your own peril.

And I'll take Herbert over Brown any day after February 18, 2015.

Posts: 3244 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Dr. Falsi the spitballer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3l9dZlBF-M

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3984 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I signed the recall Whitmer petition. Over 200K so far.

Me, too.

That's a good improvement from yesterday.

Let's hope this works!

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont have any real faith that the petition will gain traction. But it does show a growing push back.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16200 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
sometimes these pandemic peter out for no apparent reason... Outbreak, FRONTLINE 5-5-15

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Trump distinguished between 'Democrat' and 'democratic' (<-- is my capitalization correct?). I know some D's get their panties in a wad over the distinction and they take offense to one of the words (I believe 'Democrat'), but I never understood or tried to research it until right now. One word is a noun and one is an adjective. When Trump said, "democratic governor," that's an adjective. If he said, "That governor is a Democrat," that's a noun. What's the problem?

Year V

Posts: 2649 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Paula Reid of CBS News Frown

I've gotten to where I hate CBS. They've always been bad, but in the last few months, have moved into the CNN category of news.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
All of the MSM are now operating at new lows. It's tough to pick out who is the worst. Think about it, they are truly getting desperate. They are now stuck with sleepy Joe who just got accused of sexual harassment, and they know they are going to lose the WH and very probably the House of Representatives. No, all they have left is the Wuhan Flu and that is falling apart as well. Trump is doing a great job and deep inside they know it.

That blonde from CBS looked like she was going to jump off a building after Trump told her she would be the last person he told anything to. It was awesome. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5080 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How are these stores bypassing the fire code by closing/blocking off exits?

Posts: 10057 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last Night on Fox 5
a virologist gave bad information.. Made me nuts, so, opinion, please:

Laboratory assays including those for COVID 19, have important elements (Galen, Beyond Normality))

Specificity - the assay will measure what is desired (molecule, bacteria, virus particle etc.) and only that item.

Sensitivity - It will measure to the level of detection that is clinically significant to, in the case of COVID 19 and other disease causing entities, that indicate an active infection.

Predictability - a positive result will indicate the presence of disease; a negative the absence of disease

A perfect test would be 100% Specific, 100% Sensitive and 100% Predictive… unfortunately, that does not happen in real terms.

Too sensitive can detect similar particles, leading to false positives; not sensitive enough, false negatives.

Specificity is relational… in testing for viruses, there are familial similarities that can cause cross-reactivity, thereby false positives.

From the above, predictability is simply never perfect.

It was posited on Fox by a virologist that the perfect way to stop COVID 19 in absolute terms is to test all of the population and quarantine those that tested positive for three weeks - voila: no more virus!

Fabulous concept and fatally flawed!

1. Testing total population - there are small but significant populations that will not be tested: Homeless, suspicious poor and those with simply philosophic disagreement that refuse to be tested. If any of those not tested turns out to be infected, they become Patient 0 and it starts all over.

2. Testing error for false negative - the Sensitivity of any assay measures a floor amount of virus and an infected patient may not be producing enough viral particle for the assay to measure. Once more, the missed diagnosis produces Patient 0.

3. Logistics - development of clinical assays is not a minor event, even with todays technology. The fact that assays have been developed, including those by Abbott Labs, is amazing! The methodology proposed by the virologist would be the same as a dipstick pregnancy test or blood sugar test…, massive development time-line and serious accuracy issues.

The real model for solving the COVIDS 19 problem is immunization.

From the CDC:

After a global eradication campaign that lasted more than 20 years, the 33rd World Health Assembly declares the world free of smallpox in 1980.

https://www.cdc.gov/smallpox/h...smallpox-origin.html

Once an effective immunization is developed, the virus will be relegated to history like the smallpox…

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2100 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

That’s a great question.

Posts: 2418 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

That’s a great question.
Stopped in the local grocery store yesterday, they have now blocked off aisles to try to keep the flow of foot traffic in the directions they want it. They also now have a sign on the front door stating the local fire dept has reduced their capacity for the time being.

Posts: 10189 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
just a little over half a dozen pages since yesterday. yup, this thing is petering out...
Originally posted by f2:
sometimes these pandemic peter out for no apparent reason... Outbreak, FRONTLINE 5-5-15

So... is it safe out there? Is it OK to come out of my bunker?
Is Dr. Falsi gone yet? Can we go back to life as normal, as if it never happened?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24275 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

I dont have any real faith that the petition will gain traction. But it does show a growing push back.

You never know! Smile

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Went by Cabelas the other day grabbed some 12GA for a range trip. They were counting the number of people that came into the store and the number that went out. I'm assuming this was to track density of the foot traffic? Found it strange?

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8877 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post