SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering when someone from Michigan is going to stand up and sue the shit out of the governor. There have only been a couple of cases brought so far but it looks like the Judiciary is waiting to make sure the forms were filed correctly and then hammering the Governors and the one stupid mayor playing way out of his league.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Is Trump really this smart and calculating? I think he is.
I agree. He was smart not to do a national lockdown and leave it at the Governors feet.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If these democratic governors weren’t so dumb they would just shut up about their own economic plans to reopen their states. Do they not see that Trump is willing to “fall on the sword” by making the decision himself? If he ends up making the wrong decision then they could pounce on it, especially later in the year.

But no....they have to argue with anything and everything Trump says out of spite. So screw them...let them do their own thing. Maybe it’ll work out in our favor come election time.

Posts: 696 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The media, the hard left, and the Democrats (but I repeat myself) all said that at the first large crisis, President Trump would use that as his Reichstag moment and make a huge dictatorial power grab. As it turns out, Trump did nothing even close to that, quite the contrary in fact. Instead, it is all these democrat governors who are making a huge power grab and treading on the Constitution. That nasty woman Whitmer is the poster child (poster Hitler) for all these tyrannical governors. So far she's been the worst of the bunch.

These are the times when people's true colors come out.

You keep saying democrat governor's. What did your illustrious Governor Herbert do in terms of travel?
Are people able to gather or worship there as they choose right now? Private businesses closed at his direction? They're all one and the same; power hungry assholes who ignore the Constitution.

Posts: 1822 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
As they say, "Hit back twice as hard"....I guess cnn & msnbc cut away from the briefing because they didn't want their audience to see the video montage:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfoQJ5K_NLM

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4341 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:

You keep saying democrat governor's. What did your illustrious Governor Herbert do in terms of travel?
Are people able to gather or worship there as they choose right now? Private businesses closed at his direction? They're all one and the same; power hungry assholes who ignore the Constitution.

You're seriously comparing Herbert (who I certainly have no love for and don't trust) to these fascist democrat governors?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You're seriously comparing Herbert (who I certainly have no love for and don't trust) to these fascist democrat governors?

What have they done any different? Explain it to me and maybe answer the questions. Travelers coming into Oregon don't have to file an itinerary, but they do in Utah.

Posts: 1822 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
As they say, "Hit back twice as hard"....I guess cnn & msnbc cut away from the briefing because they didn't want their audience to see the video montage:

Love *OUR* President ! Big Grin

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Petition to recall governess half-Whitmer of Michigan
http://chng.it/hBHGsfLNGD

Posts: 11512 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
^^^^ The WH should pull the press credentials of the vile, low-class blonde who asked the question "Are you doing this voluntarily or did the President coerce you to say that?"

In front of POTUS no less. God, I hate the Press.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
^^^^ The WH should pull the press credentials of the vile, low-class blonde who asked the question "Are you doing this voluntarily or did the President coerce you to say that?"

In front of POTUS no less. God, I hate the Press.

Paula Reid of CBS News Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16327 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

What have they done any different? Explain it to me and maybe answer the questions. Travelers coming into Oregon don't have to file an itinerary, but they do in Utah.

It's undeniable that Executives have certain broad powers in instances deemed public health emergencies. We're seeing these powers being used in nearly every state in the union. There are obviously opportunities where this power can be abused. Those abuses are on full display by power hungry lunatics like Whitmer and Bashear. Having to fill out a questionnaire to enter a state is certainly questionable and frankly unconstitutional in my opinion, but it is nowhere near the level of constitutional abuse seen coming out of some of these democrat states. I don't know how you even come close to making that comparison.

Do you really want to compare your freedoms in Oregon on a normal day compared to mine in Utah? Sorry, but I wouldn't trade my governor for yours. No thank you.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I hear Governor Herbert has ordered ID's checked at Deer Creek and Jordanelle. If you're not from Wasatch County you'll be turned away. Same with Starvation and Strawberry. He also told people with condos/2nd homes in St. George to stay away.

Tell me what freedoms you have in Utah that I don't have in Oregon? I'm all ears.

PS, I lived in Utah for the first 43 years of my life.

posted Hide Post
I signed the recall Whitmer petition. Over 200K so far.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16200 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's no accident and he's not stupid. I'll second that and agree "I think he is".

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13423 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:

It's no accident and he's not stupid. I'll second that and agree "I think he is".

I've met many corporate presidents and CEO's in my life, including people like William Clay Ford Jr. They may not look like much, and may not wear it like a jacket, but they are all very intelligent, sharp, and calculating/strategic individuals. They simply don't promote the bumbling double digit IQ guy to that post. They can be a little awkward to talk to, I suspect its because they have much on their minds.

Don't think an idiot builds a billion dollar empire. It takes a lot of sharp moves, strategy, success, and yes failure to make it to that level.

Anyone who calls Donald Trump and idiot is acting on emotion.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38053 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Taiwan releases December email to WHO showing unheeded warning about coronavirus

Why are funding a quarter of WHO when they are covering for China?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hear Governor Herbert has ordered ID's checked at Deer Creek and Jordanelle. If you're not from Wasatch County you'll be turned away. Same with Starvation and Strawberry. He also told people with condos/2nd homes in St. George to stay away.

What exactly is your deal? You seem hellbent on defending these God awful governors. You keep mentioning Herbert but never want to make comparisons to the unconstitutional atrocities being made by the democrats I mentioned. The reason is simple. Because there is no comparison.

And I guarantee you I could pretty much travel anywhere I want outside of my county and not be harrassed.

quote:
Tell me what freedoms you have in Utah that I don't have in Oregon? I'm all ears.

In matters of the 2nd Amendment, plenty. And when it comes to freedoms, it all begins there IMO.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
just a little over half a dozen pages since yesterday. yup, this thing is petering out...

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post