SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TAllen01:
Now Dr. Birx has to go. She too just predicted 200,000 deaths in a best case scenario: "if we do everything perfectly."

Time for Trump to fire her just like he should have fired Dr. Fauci when he went all crazy and said the same thing.

Trump just needs to get someone in there who will just say 10,000 deaths in U.S., maximum, end of story.

Wait... what?

Many pages back, near the beginning of this thing, Dr. Fauci was being hailed as a voice of reason. Then he came up with some numbers some of y'all didn't like, so he had to go. Dr. Birx became the New Voice Of Reason.

Now Dr. Birx is coming up with numbers some of y'all don't like, so she has to go, too?

Trump should hire somebody that'll pull some numbers out of their ass y'all like?

Srsly?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
TAllen01 was being sarcastic. He doesn't really believe that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Nicely stated Bisley. Ive been thinking here this evening about how to avoid buying products made by the chinese. I never purchase from Amazon. Only basics from WalMart. Here on in, if it takes a month to find a simple item, made anywhere but china, so be it. Ive had it with their global mess making. GHW Bush I believe was the one who stated china was going to be number 1 manufacturer on the globe. Building a adversary for future young Americans to die fighting against. At this point, I hope the corona goo eats their entire government.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Can we get back on topic?

I keep hearing that people are passing away due to "complications caused by COVID-19". Could someone either explain to me why they keep saying that, or at least link me to where this is all laid out? I tried scanning some of the pages in this thread, but, let's be honest, it's an emotional shit show.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump just needs to get someone in there who will just say 10,000 deaths in U.S., maximum, end of story.

I’d be really surprised if you get anyone with any credibility to say that. They’d have to be a fool. Sure it is possible, and we all hope the number ends up being less than that. However, we don’t know (and neither do they) and one would have to be an idiot to say something that black and white that could very easily be wrong. That would as stupid as the statements to which you’re objecting.
A better answer would be to avoid predicting. “I’m a doctor, not a fortune teller.” “We are working to minimize the damage of the pandemic to the best of our ability, but there will be some damage.” Then shut up and exit stage left.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cwelch
posted Hide Post
Will everyone posting in this thread take a very large chill pill and go work your frustrations and worries out at the range. You can't do anything about the situation but worry,bitch and fight among yourselves.

I learned a long time ago not to worry about anything you have no control over. Take whatever precautions you feel are necessary and chill and go on with your life.

I'm in a high risk age group, heart problems, diabetes, etc. So is my wife who has severe asthma. Are we concerned? Yes. Are we in a state of panic or extremely worried? NO. Do we miss our grandkids ? Yes. But disease bearing grand demons have no business being around us as their parents are still working everyday in healthcare, law enforcement or gov't positions.

Today was a beautiful spring day here in Georgia. I went to the local outdoor range this afternoon and was the only person there other than a maintenance worker cutting grass.

Most ranges, either outdoor or indoor are probably mostly empty. The new gun owners have little to no ammo. Everyone here should have plenty. Go burn some of it up and enjoy yourself for a while.

The sky might be tilted a little bit but it ain't going to fall.

Posts: 268 | Location: Conyers, Ga. | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know it's a highly radical idea, but how about keeping the grotesque estimates out of it? These body count numbers should not be thrown about, especially since they're WAGs. Fauci says 100K, Birx says 200K. They should stop mind-fucking the American public with these (almost certainly wrong IMO) horifying guesses to which we're being subjected.

The only thing this macabre exercise accomplishes is further terrifying already terrified people who don't know enough to question what they're being told.

Posts: 107601 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
[W]e have been fucked while bone dry by a dead overcooked soup bat Frown

In days to come, should a statue ever be raised to warn future generations of what happened here today, these words and these words alone will be the only ones worthy to be inscribed in that statue's base.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Can we get back on topic?

I keep hearing that people are passing away due to "complications caused by COVID-19". Could someone either explain to me why they keep saying that, or at least link me to where this is all laid out? I tried scanning some of the pages in this thread, but, let's be honest, it's an emotional shit show.

The Prettiest and Simplest Coronavirus Explainer

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, "complications"

In this instance, that means "cooking the numbers"

By God, we're gonna juice those coronavirus death numbers by including people who were already on their way out and we're gonna MEET THAT GOAL!! That quarterly sales award will be ours, baby!! Aruba, here we come!!

Posts: 107601 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
200,000 deaths is a very reasonable best case guess. 2 million is a very reasonable worst case guess.

Do you think they just pull numbers out of thin air? Or is there a hundred years of epidemiology knowledge that they use to make best guestimations.

I love the way this guy claims the authority to proclaim the estimate is reasonable, like he has intimate knowledge of the junk that was assumed in the model, like the British model that was revised down from 500,000 to 20,000. Which one of those numbers is reasonable, Bubba? I'd feel much more comfortable with your blessing.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:

Back on page 267 (second post), 220-9er posted a link to a doctor’s rather colorful description of how the disease kills. Basically, it makes it way to your lungs and if it gets the best of your immune system destroys your lungs. You may die of pneumonia, sepsis, kidney failure, cardiac arrest, or some other organ failure caused by the organs failing because they aren’t getting the oxygen that they need. It doesn’t sound pretty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...-qM&feature=youtu.be

I much preferred the video that 41 posted about halfway down page 265 of Dr. Vladimir Zelenko being interviewed by Rudy Giuliani about his great success treating COVID-19 patients with a cocktail of hydroxychloroquine, zinc, and azithromycin. A lot more upbeat. Video at bottom of article.

https://techstartups.com/2020/...e-zinc-z-pak-update/

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cwelch:
Will everyone posting in this thread take a very large chill pill and go work your frustrations and worries out at the range.

<snip>

Most ranges, either outdoor or indoor are probably mostly empty. The new gun owners have little to no ammo. Everyone here should have plenty. Go burn some of it up and enjoy yourself for a while.

The sky might be tilted a little bit but it ain't going to fall.

Unfortunately you're right. For many of us the ranges are empty. They're closed. We're not allowed to go there. We can't go anywhere except the grocery store.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37958 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Three more deaths in Oregon today; two 91 year olds and an 80 year old. That brings us to 16 total with a median age of 77.5 years.

https://www.oregonlive.com/cor...ses-surpass-600.html

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a second update to tracking Cuomo's prediction of 24 Mar

The numbers are increasing but not as fast as Cuomo originally predicted.

The predicted "peak resource use" date is on 9 April 2020 for NY

The NY fatality rate has risen to 2%.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I've just got to say the no visitors policy at the hospital right now is an absolute godsend!

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
I much preferred the video that 41 posted about halfway down page 265 of Dr. Vladimir Zelenko being interviewed by Rudy Giuliani about his great success treating COVID-19 patients with a cocktail of hydroxychloroquine, zinc, and azithromycin. A lot more upbeat. Video at bottom of article.

https://techstartups.com/2020/...e-zinc-z-pak-update/
hell yeah.

excerpt:

Last Wednesday, we published the success story from Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, a board-certified family practitioner in New York, after he successfully treated 350 coronavirus patients with 100 percent success using a cocktail of drugs: hydroxychloroquine, in combination with azithromycin (Z-Pak), an antibiotic to treat secondary infections, and zinc sulfate. Dr. Zelenko said he saw the symptom of shortness of breath resolved within four to six hours after treatment.

Now, Dr. Zelenko provides updates on the treatment after he successfully treated 699 COVID-19 patients in New York. In an exclusive interview with former New York Mayor, Rudy Giuliani, Dr. Vladmir Zelenko shares the results of his latest study, which showed that out of his 699 patients treated, zero patients died, zero patients intubated, and four hospitalizations.

Dr. Zelenko said the whole treatment costs only $20 over a period of 5 days with 100% success. He defines success as “Not to die.” Dr. Zelenko first posted his Facebook video message last week calling on President Trump to “advise the country that they should be taking this medication.”

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Pinko prick.

NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio threatens to permanently shut down churches, synagogues if they don't comply with gov't order 'You've been warned'

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is threatening to permanently close churches and synagogues that do not comply with his order to stop gathering during the coronavirus outbreak.

De Blasio's dark warning came Friday, hours before Jews meet for their weekly Shabbat gatherings.

"I want to say to all those who are preparing the potential of religious services this weekend — if you go to your synagogue, if you go to your church and attempt to hold services after having been told so often not to, our enforcement agents will have no choice but to shut down those services," de Blasio said.

"The NYPD, Fire Department, Buildings Department, and everyone has been instructed that if they see worship services going on, they will go to the officials of that congregation, they'll inform them they need to stop the services and disperse," de Blasio explained.

"If that does not happen, they will take additional action up to the point of fines and potentially closing the building permanently," de Blasio continued. "You've been warned, you need to stop services, help people practice their faith in different ways, but not in groups, not in gatherings that could endanger people."

Like most of America, New York City is under a shelter-in-place order. New York City officials have said they will enforce the order, even if it means arresting violators.

The Big Apple is America's COVID-19 hotspot, with more than 33,000 confirmed cases of the virus and nearly 800 deaths as of Monday morning.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/...mply-with-govt-order

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
[QUOTE]

Fauci and Birx are Deep State operatives. Unelected elites who are self anointed experts whose words are touted as golden. If memory serves Fauci was a full bore Hillary supporter too.

They are wielding far too much influence and power in this virus fight. Can 'em both!

They are certainly lifetime, career government hacks who have fallen in love with themselves and with all the attention they are getting. It is absolutely irresponsible to be spouting all these huge predictions when they actually don't know shit about what it will end up being. It serves no purpose other than to panic people and give more excuse for even more government control over our lives. Just ask them...they are the elites and only they know what is best for us peons, right?

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I don't recall how many pages ago it was but remember these doctors' predictions are made on facts they know and scientific models, just like the weatherman. They're never wrong are they? And if a player hits .300 in the majors he's a big deal. Only fails 70% of the time. I doubt the doctors are hitting much better than .300. But I'll play along since I'm able and at risk. But I'm not overly concerned.....yet.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post