SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
midwest guy, I said COOL IT

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
midwest guy, I said COOL IT

I was typing and missed your stop bickering before hitting post. Actually please use “Cool It” as my ten year cut . Thanks and my apology for posting over your request.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ask me in a day or two, and in the Office, please.

Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
An attempt to lighten the mood...

Hidden caption: "Oh thank goodness, I forgot my clothes, so now everyone's looking embarrassed and backing away."

Credit: http://xkcd.com

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8882 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...navirus-predictions/

Dr. Deborah Birx on Thursday provided encouraging coronavirus numbers suggesting that some of the predictive models were incorrect.

“There’s no model right now, no reality on the ground, where we can see that 60-70 percent of Americans are going to get infected in the next 10-12 weeks,” she said.

Birx said that the actual data coming in from other countries were different than some of the direst projections.

She noted that in major countries, there was never an attack rate of over one in over 1,000 people.

“The predictions of the models don’t match the reality on the ground on either China, South Korea, or Italy,” she said.

Birx also addressed reports that raised the alarm of New York City hospitals running out of ICU beds, ventilators, and creating “Do Not Resuscitate” (DNR) policies for patients.

She revealed that she spoke with health officials in New York, that there were still ICU beds and 1000-2000 ventilators available, and that there were no DNR policies enacted.

“We don’t have evidence of that right now,” she said.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
How is it that our health care professionals have been caught flat-footed regarding protective equipment?
All I have heard about for weeks is how low our supply is on stuff like face masks, etc.

For fuck’s sake, what does the management staff of these hospitals get paid for?
Is it crazy to think there could be a pandemic from time to time (bad flu season, different unexpected strain of flu affecting more people than usual, a Covid virus…whatever)?

How about making sure you have a stockpile of stuff like that on hand, you know…in case it’s needed?
N-95 mask shortage? Seriously? Idiots.

If they had listened to Para, they would have bought it cheap and stacked it deep when times were quiet.
Like we have all done regarding guns and ammunition. You won’t find us standing in a bread-line at the local gun store.

Feel free to continue panicking.

Exactly!

These hospital admin types are bringing in 2-300K a year and they can’t even figure out that they need to have a stockpile of common PPE?

Fire their asses.

You have no idea the scale of the increase in PPE usage. We're are not out. Doubt anyone is within the US really, yet... The concern is based on our projections for where we are going to be. Because we CAN figure it out, and we DID. And it isn't a good answer.

Posts: 11432 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
In a few months, the smoke will be clearing.. or the blaze will be burning on in earnest. We'll know who was more right, who was more wrong. And in some cases, maybe there'll a little of both.

Personally, I want to be spectacularly wrong on all accounts.

I believe keeping the match heads from one another WILL slow the spread of the blaze. I also believe that not keeping them from one another well enough to relieve pressure on the ICUs will assure more draconian quarantine efforts.

Posts: 11432 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Oddly enough, this woman might be more coherent than many in regards to this virus. NSFW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...whk&feature=emb_logo

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17155 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump ltr to Governors (seen at CTH)

This is very much in line w Dr Birx's comments today

BTW, I think DEMs are scared shitless at the leadership and decision making skills that President Trump has demonstrated. He sets a course and continually adjusts as the situational picture becomes clear or changes.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I posted many pages back how our Secretary of state said we need to prepare for a "different kind of election" here in Minnesota. Polling places could be closed and consolidated. Absentee and mail in ballots will be more prominent. And Pelosi tried to put her ballot harvesting crap in the stimulus.

The curtain has already started to be pulled back. Pay attention and stop watching the shiny thing!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I posted many pages back how our Secretary of state said we need to prepare for a "different kind of election" here in Minnesota. Polling places could be closed and consolidated. Absentee and mail in ballots will be more prominent. And Pelosi tried to put her ballot harvesting crap in the stimulus.

The curtain has already started to be pulled back. Pay attention and stop watching the shiny thing!

Very good advice.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4012 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother just texted me: "This Coronvirus is turning me into a Democrat. I'm staying home, not working, complaining about everything, and waiting for a check from the government."

Posts: 1072 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Oddly enough, this woman might be more coherent than many in regards to this virus. NSFW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...whk&feature=emb_logo

I wonder how many kids she has?

Maybe a few less taboos and cigarettes will help her to afford some time off with her kids, or some child care. And, where is daddy? LOL.

Posts: 3972 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

Brother, you and I may disagree about Covid, but on your post above? We are SO freeking aligned; I live with you here in Minnesota and read with keen interest the Governor's carefully chosen words -

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Voter fraud is far and away my biggest fear.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
This scares me:

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

Brother, you and I may disagree about Covid, but on your post above? We are SO freeking aligned; I live with you here in Minnesota and read with keen interest the Governor's carefully chosen words -

I have to put this entire pandemic panic in context of history and current political times. This statement by SOS Simon nailed it for me. He may have let his enthusiasm get ahead of him on this because it's a bit too early to start talking about how this may effect a November election. But he threw it out there. If there was any doubt how this pandemic is being used and to a degree created, this erased it. He's looking well beyond the pandemic and counting his chickens already as if the pandemic is for us to be worried about while he's getting out in front to what this really means for the state of Minnesota. "A different kind of election"

We have been through many worse viruses and diseases and never have we seen the media hype and political reaction like this. Given what we have seen the last three plus years with Trump derangement syndrome you have to ask yourself some pretty serious questions here.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did anyone notice. We are now #1 in the world in total confirmed cases? The number is growing very rapidly, each and every day.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's comin' for ya, jimmy. I saw corona virus in a bar and it was drunk as shit and it asked me for your address. I don't have your address of course, but it said it was going to kick your ass, so, y'know, be on the lookout.