SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 1211
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by was0311:

Kind of like bootcamp too.

Yeah it does. The part where one guy allegedly screws up and everyone gets punished for no reason other than the DI establishing he’s in charge.

Yeah. It is just like that. The power trip some of these governors are on is unreal.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37128 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The whole Michigan "its now illegal to travel to anywhere but essential job and grocery store" thing.
Yep... Thats enforceable. If I am stopped and questioned I will say I am enroute to get groceries. I just wanted to go to a store 300 miles away. Roll Eyes
Now thats social distancing!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16175 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
"Papers, please!" - Good point posted by sigspecops on the previous page.

For those areas that are locking down but classifying liquor stores and gun shops as essential businesses, how come the directions don't list them as permissible places to go to (you know, like grocery stores). The directions should say "it's permissible to leave your house to buy food, guns, ammo, fuel, and booze". Razz

Posts: 4021 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I know two people back home that were stopped late at night. Both were in the medical field headed home after their shifts and released with a "stay safe"

There was a town meeting with our governor tonight and the question was asked "on a nice day can I hop on my motorcycle and go for a ride, or hop in the car and do the same."

The answer was NO. You are only allowed to drive to get necessary items, to and from a essential job, or for shared child custody. Violation is a $500 fine.

Agreed, totally unconstitutional and it needs to be challenged. You are putting no one at risk if you decide to take a drive because you've been staring at the same walls for a week because it's been raining.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38039 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seamus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Everyone in Michigan learned at a Town Hall meeting tonight that free travel is illegal right now. You are only allowed to drive to essential jobs/employment, or to get groceries or supplies.

You cannot hop on your motorcycle for a spin or jump in the car to go for a drive. If stopped it is a $500 fine.

Walking and riding a bike is ok. Which is awesome here this tie of year when its 30-55F and usually raining.

Is there anywhere I can read about this "order"? I can't seem to find anything online.

"Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough."

-Mark Twain

Posts: 416 | Registered: January 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
My agency is specifically NOT stopping people to check where they are going, or intentionally interjecting itself in anyone's business unless our hand is absolutely forced. Multiple layers of approval necessary before enforcing any of this mess is allowed.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11459 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
If this hoax...yes...HOAX...isn't another Fake News Media coup, I just don't know what is...

I am not following you. Are you saying the article I posted is fake news?.
Negative sir. Just the opposite. I'm supporting your post by saying the Fake News Media has just been SALIVATING to create the NEXT BIG HOAX to pin on President Trump. The reason in my post is embedded in the second sentence you posted..."...based on whether they believe it will harm or help Trump". I guaran-damn-tee they're not posting ANYTHING that will help Trump.

That’s your point of view, there is another point of view that strict social distancing will allow our health system to cope and will Actually shorten the duration of this epidemic. I personally think your willful ignorance is actually diminishing our Presidents reelection probability. Respectfully always, MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seamus:
quote:
Everyone in Michigan learned at a Town Hall meeting tonight that free travel is illegal right now. You are only allowed to drive to essential jobs/employment, or to get groceries or supplies.

You cannot hop on your motorcycle for a spin or jump in the car to go for a drive. If stopped it is a $500 fine.

Walking and riding a bike is ok. Which is awesome here this tie of year when its 30-55F and usually raining.

Is there anywhere I can read about this "order"? I can't seem to find anything online.

https://www.michigan.gov/whitm...705-522626--,00.html

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
If this hoax...yes...HOAX...isn't another Fake News Media coup, I just don't know what is...
I am not following you. Are you saying the article I posted is fake news?.
Negative sir. Just the opposite. I'm supporting your post by saying the Fake News Media has just been SALIVATING to create the NEXT BIG HOAX to pin on President Trump. The reason in my post is embedded in the second sentence you posted..."...based on whether they believe it will harm or help Trump". I guaran-damn-tee they're not posting ANYTHING that will help Trump.
That’s your point of view, there is another point of view that strict social distancing will allow our health system to cope and will Actually shorten the duration of this epidemic. I personally think your willful ignorance is actually diminishing our Presidents reelection probability. Respectfully always, MG
Oh wow... Eek

As is said in court, "The question has been asked and answered". I think Mr. TigerDore (and probably just about everyone else) got exactly from where I was coming and the specific POV.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That is one of the biggest piles of bullshit I’ve ever read.

erj is acting like adult males are supposed to and not panicking.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3983 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Please stop bickering

Posts: 108003 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sounds unenforceable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5920 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seamus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
quote:
quote:

https://www.michigan.gov/whitm...705-522626--,00.html

That reads to me as I can leave for any recreational activity as long as I don't congregate.

"Exceptions.

Individuals may leave their home or place of residence, and travel as necessary:

To engage in outdoor activity, including walking, hiking, running, cycling, or any other recreational activity consistent with remaining at least six feet from people from outside the individual’s household."

"Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough."

-Mark Twain

Posts: 416 | Registered: January 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
quote:

That is one of the biggest piles of bullshit I’ve ever read.

erj is acting like adult males are supposed to and not panicking.

Your attitude is also hindering the President’s re-election probability. Nobody is panicking here, we are listening to the health care professionals and trying to act responsibly to end this problem as quickly as possible. Stop looking at this through the lens of political view point . Denial of this insidious viral disease will only extend the malaise. Respectfully always.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Purell has been a gimmick for as long as it has been around. All this bleach and disinfecting are going to lead to a real super virus in the future that our bodies won't have developed to defend against.

Year V

Posts: 2646 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your attitude is also hindering the President’s re-election probability.

I'm a lot more worried about this than I am about the virus.

Year V

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

I'm still not giving up the ship.

Posts: 11131 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
To engage in...any other recreational activity

Eh? Driving a car and riding a motorcycle have been commonly recognized as recreational activities for decades. I don't mean there's a legal precedent somewhere, I mean people have been doing it for fun since before the flappers started smoking cigarettes.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

That reads to me as I can leave for any recreational activity as long as I don't congregate.

"Exceptions.

Individuals may leave their home or place of residence, and travel as necessary:

To engage in outdoor activity, including walking, hiking, running, cycling, or any other recreational activity consistent with remaining at least six feet from people from outside the individual’s household."

Still unconstitutional.

Damned tyrannical apparatchiks.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30538 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
The interim Chicago police superintendent actually said today that our physical conditioning could wait.

Year V