SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

And here I sit in my home in Orlando for the next two weeks.

Do not sit around, go out and do what you can. Practice good hygiene, maintain distance, but go out if you wish.

The list of exceptions under this stay at home order is so long that you can pretty much leave at will. I am not an attorney, but my guess is they knew they were on shaky constitutional ground, so they wrote it in a way as to not interfere much more than already has been. But, also knowing that if they issue a shelter in place order, a certain percentage of the people will just stay home.

I went for a bike ride around Orlando this morning. A route of 20 miles that I ride regularly, from just before 6am to just after 7am. The drop in traffic this morning versus earlier this week was slight, maybe 10%, but there was still PLENTY of traffic out there. There are plenty people that were not at home this morning before 7am.

And I was really, really glad to see that.

The only force in the universe that could possibly reduce Orlando's traffic is Para's merciful comet!

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1749 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure why people would think sourcing Wuhan Virus test kits from China was a good idea Roll Eyes

quote:

China Supplied Faulty Coronavirus Test Kits to Spain, Czech Republic

The majority of rapid test coronavirus test kits supplied by China to Spain and the Czech Republic are faulty, local news outlets reported.

Up to 80 percent of the 150,000 portable, quick coronavirus test kits China delivered to the Czech Republic earlier this month were faulty, according to local Czech news site Expats.cz. The tests can produce a result in 10 or 15 minutes but are usually less accurate than other tests. Because of the high error rate, the country will continue to rely on conventional laboratory tests, of which they perform about 900 a day.

The country’s Health Ministry paid $546,000 for 100,000 of the test kits, while the Interior Ministry paid for the other 50,000.

Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Jan Hamacek downplayed the discovery that many of the tests were faulty, blaming it on a possible wrong methodology and saying the kits can still be used “when the disease has been around for some time,” or when “someone returns after quarantine after fourteen days.”

“In my opinion, this is not about some scandalous revelation that it is not working,” Hamacek said.

Meanwhile, Spain, which has more than 56,000 infected people and more than 4,000 coronavirus deaths, the second-highest number of fatalities in the world after Italy, found that the rapid coronavirus test kits it purchased from Chinese company Bioeasy only correctly identified 30 percent of virus cases, according to Spanish newspaper El Pais.

The director Spain’s Center for Health Alerts and Emergencies, Fernando Simón, said Spain tested 9,000 of the test kits and will return them based on their high error rate.

Studies performed on the tests which discovered the high error rate caused the Spanish Society of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology to recommend officially that the tests not be used.

The Chinese embassy in Spain claimed the Bioeasy products are not included in the products China has been supplying to countries where the virus has broken out.

https://news.yahoo.com/china-s...12.html?guccounter=1

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4358 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple of good videos here that show the stupidity of people and how that can impact the rest of society.

Stunning Visualization Reveals Where Spring Break Covidiots Traveled After Flooding Florida Beaches

https://www.zerohedge.com/heal...ter-flooding-florida

Posts: 13075 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:

Kevin Durant
i could look up who that guy is but won't bother.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Interesting anosmia didn't make that triage list. Perhaps not clinically proven yet, but you can bet your bippy if I suddenly can't smell I'll pay attention to the rest.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12672 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
When push Comes to Shove!

SOMETHING THAT INSTAPUNDIT COMMENTER BART HALL POSTED ON FACEBOOK:

Truckers are saying “fuck the log rules, I’m hauling” and they’re getting supplies to the stores. People are stocking the shelves all night and letting old people shop first. Folks are buying meals for truckers, who (obviously) can’t go through the drive-ups. Asking ’em what they want, then buying it for them.

Carnival Cruise Line has told Trump “We can match those big Navy Hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships”.

GM and Ford have said “hold our cars and watch this — we can make ventilators where we were just making car parts, starting next week” — by re-engineering seat ventilators which their engineers hacked together for a new purpose. In under a week.

In a project with which I’m loosely associated, a very-effective agricultural disease-control agent was re-purposed and re-labeled specifically for Corona-virus control by the FDA and EPA in under ten days, from initial request to distribution.

Restaurants and schools have said, “we’ve got kitchens and staff; we can feed the poor kids who used have school lunch.”

NBA basketball players have said, “Hold our basketballs while we write checks to pay the arena staff.”

Construction companies are saying, “Here are some high-end masks for medical staff and doctors”.

Distilleries are making sanitizer out of distilling “heads and tails” which are normally discarded. Nasty shit to drink, but effective sanitizer.

People are tipping grocery check-out clerks and thanking them for taking the risk.

Local, state, and county governments are taking control of everything the feds cannot do. Some are doing it wrong, but for the first time in decades … they’re doing it. Federalism is re-emerging, and the smallest unit of government is the individual and the family. This, too, is re-emerging after decades of dormancy.

As Japanese Admiral Isokuru Yamamoto said, after Pearl Harbor … “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”

I sense this has just happened. We have a wonderful country, the greatest single force for good in all human history. We have closed our borders, with good reason, yet we have top medical people now assisting North Korea in their response to the virus.

Many things have been re-set, and will never be the same.

By microbiological accident, we are living in profoundly transformative historical times.
Indeed we are.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8676 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
^^^^ and a real leader driving it

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yet we just had a driver get written up for not having a paper log backup book to go with his electronic logs, even though his hours of service were compliant. Furthermore, the FMCSA just issued a directive that drug consortium policies remain essentially unchanged, their logic being that the rules were sufficiently flexible to begin with. Specifically, if you are trying to hire a new driver, he still cannot drive until the initial drug screen. Except the drug screeners are closed. So...

If you think the big hand of government is going anywhere, you'd be wrong. The people who get paid to regulate are still regulating. They want to protect their jobs too, so they're still interfering. Crisis be damned.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8273 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Two Questions:

1. Any news on the hydroxychloroquine tests?

2. Where do governors get the authority to ban use of a legal medication?

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best COVID 19 summary I have seen:

WSJ, March 27, 2020, Page R3

Excellent!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2149 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
Newsflash - It's all Trumps fault
Which is why it's a panic in the first place. But they have miscalculated. They have only allowed the country to see him what he does best.

Lead and win.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
The take away for leftist will be that if they scare the populace bad enough, society will embrace the nanny state. This thread illustrates how effective it is even among somewhat conservative folks.

Posts: 2038 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
The best COVID 19 summary I have seen:

WSJ, March 27, 2020, Page R3

Excellent!

Link?

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
The take away for leftist will be that if they scare the populace bad enough, society will embrace the nanny state. This thread illustrates how effective it is even among somewhat conservative folks.

Indeed. We’ve witnessed clear cut violations of the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendments and some people are slow clapping their way to tyranny.

The Constitution doesn’t have a “save grandpa” or “let the ICU thin out” clause.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37174 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
The take away for leftist both sides of the aisle will be that if they scare the populace bad enough, society will embrace the nanny state. This thread illustrates how effective it is even among somewhat conservative folks.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, mark_a probably has it right.

Posts: 2038 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
Well Death week is almost over. It's Friday here in the Eastern Time Zone.

Oh Wait....

"They" moved death week to next week, so it haven't survived shit yet.

I wonder what happens the week after when I don't die this coming week either?

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 939 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Looks like new guidelines are forthcoming.... https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ial-distancing-rules

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Aaaaand... York County, PA is now under a stay-at-home order until April 6th. Wonderful. Thank you, Gov Wolf. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2342 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post