SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 1208
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
Both Disney World Orlando and Universal Studios Orlando are closing. Disney until April 1st. Universal for 2 weeks.

Right before this, got a text from a friend of a friend who works for Hilton on Disney property. This is a HUGE hotel, connected to a Waldorf. My guess is 1,000 rooms between the two properties. Occupancy was at 20%, and at this time of the year, it should 90%+. They were announcing layoffs already. Now that Disney is closing...

Edited to add link; https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...ernor-201455477.html

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...e-end-231144928.html

Oh and I forgot, Disney Cruise Line is shutting down for two weeks also.

Posts: 2321 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
Both Disney World Orlando and Universal Studios Orlando are closing. Disney until April 1st. Universal for 2 weeks.

Link with details?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12468 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
As I posted (now, a good number of pages ago), our Health Network's head of infectious diseases says that asymptomatic people do not spread the virus.

Please don't take this as my doubting you. I hope you are right. Can you produce a link to a CDC or DoH study/finding? I am absolutely not being told that at our facility. Quite the opposite.
I can't provide a link. This was told to us in a Webex presentation my employer gave.

The research I have seen to date does not point to this being true, and that is the problem.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

So what is he saying?

I HATE it when an expert is linked, yet no summary is give. What is his fuckin position?
I DON'T want to watch another corona virus video without a cliff notes caution.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16751 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I am truly sorry for any of you guys who will feel even an insignificant economical impact from this.

My wife's work will probably be impacted, short and long term, from this stupidity.

I honestly expect to get called in soon. Every other damn email from work is Batflu this or Batflu that. I just worked 22 out of the last 23 days/nights. I want my damned week off.

But I swear, every time I open the internet it's like someone has one-upped whatever the dubmest thing I saw the last time I looked was. Roll Eyes

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11452 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

You may be the one man in human history who's ever taught a cat to stop following him into the bathroom and demanding to be petted.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
If anyone here is inclined toward digging into the science and putting what’s happening into perspective, here’s a link to a guy in England who is both a mathematician and epidemiologist at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
<snip>

This appears to be your second post of this. Smile
Maybe you intended to edit the first post?

Nope, accidental double post. I've deleted the duplicate, thanks for catching it.

Posts: 4509 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16751 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Ah hahahahah!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30494 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oddball-- good one! One of the few laughs I've had about this situation. We'll just keep our eye on ol' Keef.

Posts: 2698 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
^^^^ I LOL'd for real.

Posts: 2339 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
I finally understand the term: March Madness...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:

Yup. Looks like we are going to be forced to cancel our Disney World trip. It's going to save me money, but the amount of money businesses are losing over this I can't imagine. For instance, the vrbo we had booked.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30494 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
I finally understand the term: March Madness...

Ain’t that the truth. Was just thinking that.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3983 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Went to the Dollar Store because I needed pasta. Dude in line had three carts of TP. Stuffed full and nearly falling out.

Almost everyone in line had multiple packs of TP.

I don’t get it.

I don't understand the massive amounts of toilet paper either...….they buy tons of toilet paper, yet aren't stocking up on food...….

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
We'll just keep our eye on ol' Keef.

Also gotta keep one eye on Ruthie dear; if she goes, oh fuck, all bets are off.

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I'm happy to report that, although Sunday services are cancelled at the Beechland Baptist Church in Louisville, the Yard Sale is still on for Friday and Saturday. Link

I just happened to come across the above searching for a master list of cancellations.

On a more serious note, it's funny that all the cancellations start and stop at different times.

Posts: 4021 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I'm getting on a plane Sat. It will be interesting to see how full it is. Normally I would expect a full flight. Hoping lots of people don't want to fly/travel.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16413 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
I'm getting on a plane Sat. It will be interesting to see how full it is. Normally I would expect a full flight. Hoping lots of people don't want to fly/travel.

My sister flew out of LAX the other night on a 8pm flight, she took a picture of the entire hallway/fairway of her terminal, there were 3 people there.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They called me crazy for my idea of packing commercial airline passengers each into their own indivual tube for transport, but who's crazy now, huh? That's right- everyone

Posts: 107849 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post