SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 1211
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Do you have an explanation for this inconsistency?

Because the infection rate is higher than reported, but people aren’t dying. Local medical are speculating that the virus has been here for months. (I know, speculation is a one way street here).

A for instance- the Commonwealth of KY is only testing people in “high risk” groups. Presently, as of 5:10 PM EST yesterday, only 8 confirmed cases of 65 tests ran state wide. With no plans of wide spread testing being available until mid April.

Even if you have the virus and go to a local hospital, you’re going to be treated for a viral infection, and released.

And if people are/were sick,or have died from covid-19 and were not tested for it,they don't enter onto the radar either.The lack of testing makes it hard to know what is really happening.

Posts: 12824 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
We just had our school district shut down for 6 weeks. Going to be fun for everyone to try and find childcare.

My wife is waiting for her district to close down now.

Can you imagine all the high school hoodlums hanging out at the mall instead of a school?

Fear and loathing in the big city.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14065 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughter is up at Gunstock Ski Area in Gilford, NH right now to compete in the U12 Eastern Alpine Ski Racing Championships and the organizer’s just cancelled the entire race.

My son’s U16 Eastern Alpine Ski Ski Racing Championships scheduled for six days of racing at Burke Ski Area in VT next week has been cancelled.

I am bummed for all of the racer’s at each of these events, as they all worked so hard to make their State Championship Teams.

All domestic and international racing events that the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Association is either governing or participating in for the balance of this season have been cancelled.

Posts: 3510 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per the CDC... 630,000 people are expected to die of Cancer in 2019.

There will be 1.9 million new cases of cancer diagnosed.

Stats are for the United States.

Add in other ailments, car accidents, workplace deaths, accidental deaths, etc., this Chinese Bat Flu won't even register.

People need to chill the fuck out.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1535 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
As I posted (now, a good number of pages ago), our Health Network's head of infectious diseases says that asymptomatic people do not spread the virus.

Other health experts/officials claim they do or they might.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Went to the Dollar Store because I needed pasta. Dude in line had three carts of TP. Stuffed full and nearly falling out.

Almost everyone in line had multiple packs of TP.

I don’t get it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37132 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Sometimes you just have to let the herd run itself out to exhaustion. Just try to stay out of the path of the stampede.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2722 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t get it.

Maybe that's 'cuz you're not crazy?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Went to the Dollar Store because I needed pasta. Dude in line had three carts of TP. Stuffed full and nearly falling out.

I don’t get it.

You have to be a Nancy to get it.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3984 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dude in line had three carts of TP. Stuffed full and nearly falling out.

What a jackass.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don’t get it.

Was it an old dude? Maybe he was one of those jerks buying .22lr at WallyWorld during the last ammo panic and reselling it...

Posts: 6954 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don’t get it.

When you put unlimited as much as you want olive oil and crushed red pepper in your spagbetti sauce, it all makes sense.

Posts: 15950 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this has been posted.

YouTube Video: Joe Rogan Interview with Michael Osterholm, an internationally recognized expert in infectious disease epidemiology.

Michael Osterholm is an internationally recognized expert in infectious disease epidemiology. He is Regents Professor, McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP), Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the Medical School, all at the University of Minnesota. Look for his book "Deadliest Enemy: Our War Against Deadly Germs" for more info.

**** Note: The interviewee mentions his book, so perhaps his intentions are suspect

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
As I posted (now, a good number of pages ago), our Health Network's head of infectious diseases says that asymptomatic people do not spread the virus.

Please don't take this as my doubting you. I hope you are right. Can you produce a link to a CDC or DoH study/finding? I am absolutely not being told that at our facility. Quite the opposite.

Posts: 11405 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

I don’t get it.

When you put unlimited as much as you want olive oil and crushed red pepper in your spagbetti sauce, it all makes sense.

We are at Threat Level Midnight.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37132 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
Not sure if this has been posted.

YouTube Video: Joe Rogan Interview with Michael Osterholm, an internationally recognized expert in infectious disease epidemiology.

Michael Osterholm is an internationally recognized expert in infectious disease epidemiology. He is Regents Professor, McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP), Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the Medical School, all at the University of Minnesota. Look for his book "Deadliest Enemy: Our War Against Deadly Germs" for more info.

**** Note: The interviewee mentions his book, so perhaps his intentions are suspect

It was posted a couple pages back. There is an infectious disease link referenced by Dr. Osterholm that seems to collect all of the relevant COVID-19 news.

Here it is:
http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:

Please don't take this as my doubting you. I hope you are right. Can you produce a link to a CDC or DoH study/finding? I am absolutely not being told that at our facility. Quite the opposite.
I can't provide a link. This was told to us in a Webex presentation my employer gave.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16563 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Sorry if this was posted earlier but; add Virginia to the states with a declared emergency.

I know it is very cynical thinking, but I wonder how much of this emergency declaration is to get in line for the Federal dollars that will invariably soon follow, rather than true concern.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

I saw similar when the Hometown Buffet in Nogales decided to try out the very short lived, all you can eat chorizo bar.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post