SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 1211
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

Osterholm video posted earlier. Good video but once was fine for me.

For those that haven't watched it, seems a good balance.

Bonus points for linking the full video instead of a snipped piece. Thank you, prior person did not.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12488 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Snow Day, bitchezz
Technically, spring break...
'Duck,' I says.

Posts: 108087 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
I have formulated a plan.....

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2928 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Snow Day, bitchezz
'Duck,' I says.

Rabbit!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14065 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34061 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Snow Day, bitchezz
'Duck,' I says.

Marklar!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20922 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

Michael Osterholm
Michael T. Osterholm is an American public health scientist and a biosecurity and infectious disease expert.
Osterholm is the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota and a Regents Professor, the McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, a Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the University of Minnesota Medical School, all at the University of Minnesota. He is also on the Board of Regents at Luther College in Decorah, Iowa.

Watch the first 15 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...Nrnds4i2w_4Ex1tXTM...

Just watched the whole thing, not a good outlook for the world. His description of this not being a “blizzard”, but rather a pandemic “Winter” hit pretty hard. In other words this isnt going away in a week or 2- we have months to go and this disease is just in the early phase.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3455 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Duck, Take Cover.

10-15x as deadly as Seasonal Flu, he says. That's no joke. Hmm.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Snow Day, bitchezz
'Duck,' I says.

Marklar!

I believe he is referring to the Duck of Death.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Yeah, 10-15x flu is bad, but I have to wonder about those numbers. For example, they take the number of confirmed cases and look at deaths within that group, how do they account for the unconfirmed cases? There must be a large number of people that contracted covid-19 but weren’t tested or listed as a confirmed case. So my questions was does that estimate include all potential victims or does that data come from only confirmed cases.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Posts: 3455 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Dr John Campbell has a daily update looking at the Global Scene and you have to isolate the people to keep if from spreading due to the unknown of who is carrying the virus. He shows the window of the daily number of new cases dropping after a time frame of about a month IIRC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXcbF0uQVEY

Dr Mercola on nutritional supplements to take:

https://articles.mercola.com/s...irus-prevention.aspx

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
Oregon has lost it.

St Patrick's Day has been canceled.

St Patrick's Day Shamrock Run Marathon canceled.

Schools closed starting Monday, but tomorrow it is ok to go in, WTF??

Limits on TP purchases started last week.

Sherif deputies at Costo keeping the peace since last week. TP and bottled water rations.

Hand sanitizer sold out, even at Home Depot, only place I've been lately.

Posts: 1038 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Well I wasn’t laid off today so that’s a good thing.

I was however changed from being a salaried employee to an hourly one. Which means I’m only getting paid if I’m on a show. And there are no shows to be on right now.

I am still a full time employee though and have insurance which is important since my kids are on it. I also live well below my means and have no car payments or credit card debt. I also have a savings account. If I can work at least one week a month (considering that I now get OT and my days average around 14 hours) I can cover my expenses. Nothing more, but I can live with that.

Everything considered the company I work for is doing a great job keeping people around. The CEO and CFO are taking 0 pay during this time. They said if we can’t cover our end of the insurance premiums they will pay it for us until we get back on our feet and we can pay them back. They are also okay with us picking up freelance work even if it’s for competitors.

I have it better than most in my industry and I’ve got cash to hold out longer than a large percentage of the population. But if in a couple months this isn’t starting to get better I guess I’ll have to start a WTS ad. By then it should be a sellers market I guess Big Grin

Anyway if you’re the praying type, I could use one. It can’t hurt.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15261 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
I wish the best for you Pale Horse, were gonna be all in this together soon. I cant help but think as this thing grows, my chances of contracting it as a paramedic in LA County are pretty high. From what that disease expert said about 1 in 4 healthcare workers exposed have contracted Covid-19. Im not a spring chicken anymore, but Im a pretty heathy late 30’s guy so I should be ok. I pray we all make it heathy, wealthy and wise.
At least Im in the right industry for job security right now... Big Grin

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
One of the things to use is toothpaste with grapefruit seed extract since the virus starts in your mouth and throat and then to the lungs.

Grapefruit seed extract kills bacteria and virus. You can also put a few drops in water to kill any harmful germs.

https://www.nutribiotic.com/gs...uid-concentrate.html

https://www.vitacost.com/nutri...ental-gel-peppermint

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have read all 100+ pages of this thread and listened to all the broadcast hysteria and insanity. I have am not overly concerned with becoming infected. What does concern me is to what level the insanity of my fellow citizens rises to.
So.... After the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, did everyone run out to the store and buy up all the crapper paper?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16196 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Oh, I fully expect to catch this stupid BatFlu. I expect to hate my life for about 2 weeks. I just hope that all the supervisors at my job don't catch it at the same time...or the rest of the shift...because there aren't exactly redundancies in place.

I'm wondering if they will cancel the Republican National Convention. We've been prepping for that for months, but it's more than 5 more months away, so I expect things will have calmed by then.

I just hope it doesn't wipe out my parents and my wife's parents (70s) and her grandfather (94).

I'm not worried about running out of food, or TP. I could stand a few weeks of fasting, still, and the less you eat the less you need TP, so there's that...

We will be replenishing our cold and flu meds stock. We always have a good bit floating around, but I'll take an inventory this weekend and buy a few things. I think catching this is inevitable for me, unfortunately.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11460 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
So.... After the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, did everyone run out to the store and buy up all the crapper paper?

They did not. My father was 11 years old and living on the island of Oahu when Pearl Harbor was attacked. He says that everyone went about their day as usual, mainly because no-one knew what the hell was going on. It's a pretty good indication that the velocity of today's information highway is both a boon and a detriment.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16451 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
So print media is dead.....

Then the great TP apocalypse of 2020 happens

Coincidence......I think not

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to call it Bat Snack Fever (apologies to Ted Nugent).

Posts: 3250 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post