SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 1212
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Gents, I’m supposed to be going to Hawaii in a month to surf. Should I be concerned with this?

Hard to say. The "reporting" out of China was erratic and untrustworthy, so it's really hard to say, with any confidence, just how much a threat SARS-CoV-2/Covid-19 really is--either in infectiousness or mortality.

If I'd already paid for the tickets and this was some kind of thing important to me, I guess I'd go, but I'd take precautions. Consider: You'll be confined in an aluminum tube in close proximity to several hundred other people--some (many?) of whom may be infectious. Then there are all the surfaces you'll be obliged to touch during your journeys back-and-forth.

So big, fat "Dunno" from me.

Mind you: I'm cautious, even somewhat paranoid, by nature.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
A 19 yo in Washington state has died of this virus.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31572 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Incorrect - 50 y/o female with existing conditions - and she had been to South Korea.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Gents, I’m supposed to be going to Hawaii in a month to surf. Should I be concerned with this? I’m sure anyone doing any kind of travel in the cocoon might be concerned. I’m not so much worried about it on the island but on the plane makes me worry. Or is this the liberal media making everyone hysterical?

Personally, it wouldn't worry me. I'd probably turn up my germaphobe volume to 11, but overall I would not at all be concerned about making that trip.

I have a trip to France already planned and booked for July-August, and the only thing that is concerning me right now is if there should be any travel disruptions.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30589 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The chances of being injured while surfing in Hawaii are probably greater. The North shore has some great waves.

Having a good immmune system is important as well, and if I recall correctly you work out a good bit.

Posts: 17366 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The media is simply awful. The first couple of questions during this press conference is about attacking Trump rather than asking important questions about the virus.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30589 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci stated there is no reason to believe you can get re-infected if you contracted the infection but fought it off. Good to know.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16498 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci stated there is no reason to believe you can get re-infected if you contracted the infection but fought it off. Good to know.

This is why I say I don't believe a damned thing about this virus that is being reported by the media. They have no credibility with me. I'll rely on updates direct from the professionals' mouths during press conferences such as this one.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
Any links to confirmed Washington death? Articles on yahoo start with his family and the 50 year old woman is being treated in home.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
https://www.kiro7.com/news/loc...VOJAAREQ5YCL75367PU/

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7144 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
quote:

Incorrect - 50 y/o female with existing conditions - and she had been to South Korea.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1145931

Yeah... 50 years old and medically high risk.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Well boys, my family and I are still alive and healthy, lol. It's been 20 days since we got back from Taiwan through LA and Dulles.

Good news! And beautiful kids!

Yes, very nice pic!

Thank you gentlemen!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7106 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The level of panic in the media seems to be a modern day "War of the Worlds".

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37133 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Whipped into a frenzy.

The sick shall be killed and their bodies burned and then we shall await further instructions from our infotainment industrial complex masters.

Posts: 108161 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
The chances of being injured while surfing in Hawaii are probably greater. The North shore has some great waves.

Having a good immmune system is important as well, and if I recall correctly you work out a good bit.

Maui. And I only do knee to chest size. The North shore of Oahu is way too expert for me.

Yeah I workout almost every day of the week and eat immune boosting food and take a ton of supplements. I stay in semi-athlete shape. But I think I’m going to mask up and glove up for the flight. I don’t care what people think. I don’t want to get this shit and ruin a 12 month planned escape from work hell. The trip is almost no cost to me. Just got to pay to put the k9 up in the kennel for 10’days.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12751 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Post some pics when you return. Maui is beautiful.

Posts: 17366 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
Looks dead. Is there not a warning on these plastic bags?

Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
quote:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1145931

Yeah... 50 years old and medically high risk.

Fog of war - male; travel contact is still a question. We need to do better....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember the polio epidemic. I am thankful media was not in 24 hour panic mode back then. The consequences of that condition I think were far greater than what we face with the coronavirus.