SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
“No information in her emails was marked classified at the time she sent or received them,”

This is classic Clinton word deception.

It may well be that none of the emails on the Clinton private server had formal classification markings such as "SECRET".

But that does not mean anything from a security viewpoint. The material is deemed classified based on the content; it is not unclassified because it is not openly marked as such.

Millions of govt and contractors have clearances. They send emails everyday on systems that are not allowed to transmit classified info. It is their responsibility to filter what they send depending on the network they are on at the moment.

If any of these people with clearances get classified emails on govt systems which are not approved for classified material, they are required to contact their security office. Many security offices would also require them to immediately disconnect the particular computer from all external network connections.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
This is classic Clinton word deception.
"We're not going to hang you. No, Ma'am.

Gravity is going to hang you."

Posts: 108128 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Just because an Email is NOT marked as classified does NOT mean there is no classified content.

Besides, unclassified and classified computer systems reside on separate domains. As an example, I had as many as 3-4 computer accounts for different levels of classified info. One for Unclass, others for Secret and higher. Now, it was IMPOSSIBLE to send an Email from my secret account to my unclass one, and vice versa. Just like it would have been impossible to send an unclass e-mail from my home account to my secret one.

People most often got into trouble when they put higher-classified content onto lower-classified systems. In other words, they typed secret stuff into an unclass Email account. This happened due to a number of reasons - some forgot which account they were on and sent classified info on a lower system. Some took two pieces of unclass material, added them together onto one e-mail, and sent it, this revealing classified info. In other words, the date for an exercise and its location may be SEPARATELY unclass, but together, they were secret. This was surprisingly easy to do, so one always must be careful when sending info that could be used to 'piece together' classified info.

So, I don't think that the hildabeast could have forwarded a Top Secret or Secret E-mail on her unclass account. Of course, since she used her own server, it's hard to know what remains to be found and what they buried. I think it's blatantly obvious this is why she used her personal server - so she could control the content. Rules don't apply to her highness, after all. Any of us 'little people' who jacked so hard with the rules as she did would be in jail by now. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21862 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
So what stopped her technology server hosting company from just swapping out hard drives in the box and then putting back only the email files the choose?

Secondly, anyone even remotely familiar w/ TS-SCI clearances knows the rules; inculcated when you get the clearance and then tested regularly.

Signature of the waiver of all your regularly 4th Amendment protections is a big cue that you no longer are under the same rules as those without classifications.

How you handle such materials is made painfully clear with acknowledgement of the corresponding punishments that can and will be applied in the case of misconduct/mishandling of these types of materials.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, I don't think that the hildabeast could have forwarded a Top Secret or Secret E-mail on her unclass account. Of course, since she used her own server, it's hard to know what remains to be found and what they buried. I think it's blatantly obvious this is why she used her personal server - so she could control the content. Rules don't apply to her highness, after all. Any of us 'little people' who jacked so hard with the rules as she did would be in jail by now. . .

Is it possible the little Queen democrat had her minions strip out the classification headers (or whatever they are called) so she could appear lily white and escape Leavenworth?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20345 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The NY Times has an op-ed about Hillary this morning that I shall express in a graphical format:

Big Grin

Panic mode is setting in! I LOVE IT.

Posts: 34089 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
but worse for Team Hildabeast, every one of those emails is/was very likely on another n-number of other servers as it hopped from source to destination, ...

Logs of the traffic: Yes. Entire emails: Not very likely.

When I send email from home -> work, for example, it's received by my local server, transferred to my company's MX (mail exchanger) and thence to the company's private mail server. Some emails even bounce from the MX -> internal server -> MX -> mail server.

None but the source and destination systems have full copies. Everything else just has log entries showing it passed through them.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This isn't one of those stories which just goes away, and if between now and the election there is a nuclear weapon exploded anywhere in the world, not only will we have a Republican president, we may very well see Hillary Clinton in a prison jumpsuit.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
"I'd still vote for her, but how does she justify this?"

Morning Joe is imploding. Schadenfreude.

Favorite excuses: it's all her supporters faults, no one helped her put it behind her. She is without blame.

Edit: rewatched the middle several times, for fun, and just got to the end.

"She could be an incredible candidate, she has the experience."

My god, the cognitive dissonance that must be occurring in what is left of the liberal mind.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Suck it, commies. Cool

Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think that Petraeus' material wasn't even Secret level.

Correct, it was "Classified."

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2282 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redleg2/9:
quote:
I don't think that Petraeus' material wasn't even Secret level.

Correct, it was "Classified."

Well, technically, EVERYTHING is 'classified,' since "Unclassified" IS a classification level. . .

And you can even get in trouble for divulging certain unclassified info. Among other things, there is the 'need to know' stuff, which is why recall rosters and personal information about military folks (among other things) is controlled and is not to be released to the public. I could print out my recall roster (listing the addresses, duty titles, phone numbers, positions, etc, of everybody in my unit) and keep it in my wallet. But, I was not allowed to E-mail it anywhere outside my unit (such as to my personal E-mail account).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21862 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
FOUO, not need to know. Need to know is the disclaimer for SCI.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Haha! The despair in Mika's voice is music to my ears.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Chuck says this isn't going to help Hillary get rid of her taint. Big Grin

JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Screw every one of them. Late to the party, now they act like she should have turned it over months ago. They were the ones, the filthy left wing media, that were acting like this was no big deal for months. Where we they in calling for it to be turned over???? Now the damn thing is blank. I can only hope that they all end up doing time. There is a reason the information was erased.

Posts: 3573 | Registered: February 25, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
More of the word wizardry:
From a Clinton cheer leader group
"Media Matters for America"

http://mediamatters.org/resear...04913#noneclassified

FACT: None Of The Emails Sent To Clinton Were Labeled As "Classified" Or "Top Secret"

As discussed previously, this is a smoke screen. Either they are trying to fool the public, or they are that stupid.

"Need to know" applies to all classification levels.

1. Does the person have the right level of clearance?

2. Does the person have a need to know

Both required

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The reason the HD was erased was because the content of the server was more damaging than the damage to her reputation and credibility done by attempting to conceal said data. Think about that. She's guilty as Hell and her actions shout it to the world.

Fuckin' harpy. You own this shit storm, you arrogant criminal fraud, and I am relishing every second of it.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The reason the HD was erased was because the content of the server was more damaging than the damage to her reputation and credibility done by attempting to conceal said data. Think about that. She's guilty as Hell and her actions shout it to the world.

Fuckin' harpy. You own this shit storm, you arrogant criminal fraud, and I am relishing every second of it.

Benghazi. Whatever was going on there must never be revealed, no matter what.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post