SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I think I can possibly explain this.

The President wanted to set up a server for the foundation. It was recommended. Hillary saw she could have free e-mail to back door with close staff and friends, "unofficially" of course, Chelsea's wedding stuff, etc.

One day, somebody used her private account to send her something clearly highly classified and so marked. Hillary erupted in one of her hissy fits, as reported by various Secret Service agents who have been so treated. She called one of her aides in and screamed, "I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE ANYTHING MARKED CLASSIFIED ON THIS SERVER EVER AGAIN. DO YOU HEAR ME?"

The hapless aide called up the server admin to tell him to do something to "make it so." So, (s)he programmed the server to automatically strip off classification notices. Problem solved!

She's much too shady for that simple explanation. This slippery snake KNEW EXACTLY what she was doing by having a home-brew server; she just assumed she'd never get caught.

Posts: 34130 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
It's been years since I could make up something so outlandish and absurd that someone didn't take it seriously.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's been years since I could make up something so outlandish and absurd that someone didn't take it seriously.
To be fair, I am not putting an abundance of faith in the scenario you posed. My questions remain valid in either eventuality.

In my experience, organizations have a standing protocol for spillage incidents, and it isn't pretty. Something is seriously lacking here.

Additional question: to get to the server in Chipiqua New York, how many nodes did the emails to Hillary Clinton have to pass through? We already ready know she wasn't even using the basic Certification security policy. The digital path of every email into and out of that server is vulnerable to intrusion.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by domcintosh:
quote:
To be fair, I am not putting an abundance of faith in the scenario you posed. My questions remain valid in either eventuality.

In my experience, organizations have a standing protocol for spillage incidents, and it isn't pretty. Something is seriously lacking here.

Additional question: to get to the server in Chipiqua New York, how many nodes did the emails to Hillary Clinton have to pass through? We already ready know she wasn't even using the basic Certification security policy. The digital path of every email into and out of that server is vulnerable to intrusion.

No questions remain valid in my scenario, because it is entirely made up, although inspired by the bosses who have given intemperate orders and had them taken literally and disastrously.

Come on, man!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108210 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
No questions remain valid in my scenario, because it is entirely made up, although inspired by the bosses who have given intemperate orders and had them taken literally and disastrously.

Come on, man!
Are you sure? Frown
  • How is the classified content cross pollinating onto an unclassified system?
  • Who is transferring or recreating classified information onto an unsecured network.
  • Are they using flash drives to transfer across the airgap?
All of these violations of the classification system.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
BTW, ol' Hil sucks at the innernet.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...kfires/?intcmp=hpbt2

That would explain why she had to buy a book on how to email. Which included chapters on how to permanently delete emails and what types of emails may land you in jail.
Sounds like her reading comprehension needs some work as well.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8557 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hillary Clinton’s Server Was In New Jersey This Whole Time. It’s Blank Now.

CHUCK ROSS
Reporter

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s mysterious email server has been in a private data center in New Jersey since 2013, that is, until the IT company the former secretary of state hired to maintain the hardware handed the “blank” device over to the FBI Wednesday.

Clinton’s attorney, David Kendall, informed the Department of State in a letter Wednesday that the company hired to manage and maintain the server, Denver-based Platte River Networks, was turning it over to the Department of Justice. Kendall also told State he handed over three thumb drives that contained Clinton’s emails.

The Washington Post reported the FBI recently contacted the company to obtain the server. That move followed reports that the Intelligence Community inspector general had discovered that at least two emails maintained in Clinton’s records contained “Top Secret” information.

The server was housed in the basement of Clinton’s Chappaqua, N.Y. home while she was secretary of state. After she left office, Clinton hired Platte River Networks, which moved the system from her home to a private data center in New Jersey.

Barbara Wells, an attorney for the company, told The Post agents picked the server up at around 4 p.m. Wednesday. But she said the hardware is “now blank” and no longer contains any useful information.

“The information had been migrated over to a different server for purposes of transition,” said Wells. The transfer was carried out in June 2013, she told The Post.

“To my knowledge the data on the old server is not available now on any servers or devices in Platte River Network’s control.”

It is unclear whether that means the data once maintained on Clinton’s server is gone altogether or whether there is another device that contains Clinton’s records. Wells did not respond to an email from The Daily Caller.

While Wells said the FBI assured Platte River Networks that it is not the target of any investigation, Republican lawmakers have questions for the company.

Senate Homeland Security Committee chairman Ron Johnson sent a letter to Platte River’s chairman Treve Suazo asking for information about the security of Clinton’s server.

“Given that the server was used to conduct official State Department business, questions have been raised regarding whether classified information was stored on the private server,” Johnson wrote in a letter obtained by McClatchy. He also sought to find out “if that data was secure, who had access to that material and whether all official documents were appropriately preserved.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/08...k-now/#ixzz3ijKLPiby

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good God, man, can't you see we want DRAMA!?!? This is serious! Take that sense of humor of yours somewhere more appropriate like some internet forum or something! Razz

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Come on, man!
Are you sure? Frown
  • Who is transferring or recreating classified information onto an unsecured network.
  • Are they using flash drives to transfer across the airgap?
All of these violations of the classification system.

Oh, for Christ's sake.

Here are some valid questions for you:

In Snow White, the dwarfs were named Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, and Dopey. Were they brothers? Was it child cruelty to name someone "Dopey?" Were any of them bonking Snow White? Was she their sister?

Why don't you lay down in a quiet place with a cool cloth on your forehead, and lighten up, Dopey.

Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Amazing how an entire party can have so many computer and email problems, when they are all so smart, ask them they will tell you!!!!

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
No need to be disparaging shipmate. I'd wager near even odds I have a better understanding of the classification process, consequences for violating it, and related errata then the bulk of the folks here. The control of classified information is a significant concern in the submarine community and at the command staff level.

All of those questions matter. We already know that classified material was among her emails; the follow on is figuring out how it got there.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
No need to be disparaging shipmate. I'd wager near even odds I have a better understanding of the classification process, consequences for violating it, and related errata then the bulk of the folks here. The control of classified information is a significant concern in the submarine community and at the command staff level.

All of those questions matter. We already know that classified material was among her emails; the follow on is figuring out how it got there.

That is undoubtedly true, but you seemed to have misplaced your sense of humor.

I'm sorry you have.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's not forget who is the real enemy, guys.

Posts: 108210 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
True, and admittedly I don't have much humor when it comes to the handling of classified information.

There are few things in the Navy where a stupid mistake can send you promptly towards jail: messing up your management of classified material, messing up you management of command or MWR level financial records, and messing up Danger Tag paper work.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:

truer words...

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is NOT done automatically, or 'by accident.' It is physically impossible to forward an E-mail from SIPR (Secret network) to NIPR (unclass network). Somebody had to transfer it physically (see point # 3) or type it in manually.

quote:

• This is the big question. Whoever did this committed a crime every single time they did it. And hildabeast committed a crime every single time she used the info without reporting it (whether she claims she didn't know or not).

quote:
  • Are they using flash drives to transfer across the airgap? All of these violations of the classification system.

• Flash drives are the danger when it comes to crossing domains. Most classified machines I've worked with had their CD burners/readers disabled, and only a few had working USB ports. Those that did alerted network monitors when something was plugged in.

Heck, in my last years of active duty, we weren't even allowed to plug a USB into the unclassified network. If this happened, our account would be automatically locked out, and wouldn't be enabled again until the first O-6 (USAF Colonel) in the chain of command heard our explanation why we did it (and maybe not even then if he didn't like our reason) (and NOBODY wanted to ever have that conversation). There really was no excuse - we were constantly reminded about this.

And revealing SCI information could either lead to getting real people killed, or losing the ability to use intelligence assets to collect on an enemy. Say, an E-mail revealed info that could lead to the name of the source feeding the info - during the Cold War, this resulted in quite a few dead informants. Also, say an E-mail led an enemy to recognize a security deficiency in their systems - they could then 'plug the leak,' denying us the ability to collect on that source.

One does NOT fool around with SCI. Well, we 'little people' didn't, at least. Roll Eyes This is a no-kidding go-to-jail kind of thing for even 'simple' mistakes for normal people.

Fear God and Dread Nought
    Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21864 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
    posted Hide Post
    At this rate of ignoring questions, Hillary's speeches and appearances are gonna be quieter than a silent movie from the 20s.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Report This Post
    186,000 miles per second.
    It's the law.

posted Hide Post
    I think she's toast.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
    Picture of Balzé Halzé
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by FishOn:
    I think she's toast.

Indeed...Not even Powdered Toast Man can help her now!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
    NRA Life Member (Patron)
    God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30608 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post