SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
"I said get the Queen a Bud Lite!"

Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24284 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Some idiot was on CNN last night talking about how the Clinton's have suffered repeatedly under unprovoked attacks by Republicans and that this is just a smear campaign due to the election.

Really..... She was Secretary of State and used a private, uncontrolled, private email server to conduct all business. How that was ever allowed even ONCE, for a single official email should be investigated as well. It is simply unconscionable that this could happen in this day and age of detail and record keeping.

If she deleted even one email she should face hearings if not criminal charges.

Period!!!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38054 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What we need now is a big news story about some massive data hack somewhere in the world. It does not need to be related to anything we're discussing here. We just need news people talking about stolen data.

Posts: 108131 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I really wish I could have the conviction that this is going to take her out once and for all and she winds up in jail or at the very least fade to black never to be heard from again.

I've seen this too many times from the Clintons and there always seems to be a way out.
I'm willing to bet there are a large number of people all over the world and even on the republican side who can't afford or will allow this thing to ever see the clear light of day.
This will stop short after a few aides fall on the sword.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8556 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
You would think that 99% of her charitable donations ($14M) going to her own foundation that launders 90% of it's money back to the Clinton Family would be enough to sink her...but no.

Only a stake through the heart will kill a vampire...or at least a walk in the daylight.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Nope. Not this time.

Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I really wish I could have the conviction that this is going to take her out once and for all and she winds up in jail or at the very least fade to black never to be heard from again.

I've seen this too many times from the Clintons and there always seems to be a way out.
I'm willing to bet there are a large number of people all over the world and even on the republican side who can't afford or will allow this thing to ever see the clear light of day.

This. We can see that the Justice Dept has no interest in pursuing anything that doesn't meet the white house agenda. I think there are things in the emails that would be damaging to this administration, not just Queen Hillary. The server should be in the hands of a 3rd party, impartial. There may be some information that Justice "finds", but anything damaging to the current Admin will be "lost". Anyone else in the country would already have been arrested and be facing some charges, while the investigation continued to determine the extent of the charges.

This nonsense about someone stripping the headers is just a way for her to avoid responsibility and pretend innocence. One of the staffers will have to fall on their sword and take the hit, and they will. The Clintons take too much money and are owed too many favors (and probably have too much dirt on others) for anything to stick under the current admin. I have no hope that she will ever face charges, and she has broken several federal laws that REQUIRE jail once convicted. Does anyone here really think she'll ever be convicted or face any real consequences? There's already more than enough evidence to convict a normal person.

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nope, ain't buyin' it. Uh uh. Not this time.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Perhaps stating the obvious,

The Clinton team and the State Dept were doing a fairly good game of dragging things out and thumbing their noses at the congressional committees. They were taking some hits, but they were still standing.

But the intelligence community coming in and saying 2 emails were TS/SCI - that was a game changer.

Govt agencies can't pretend to ignore that issue. And if it all turns out to be true, I think our federal agencies still have some "stand up" type people who will not walk away w/o someone paying a price for such gross security violations.

It is sad to think that all this might or might not make a difference w Hillary. In any rational environment this would be the end of her campaign.

Most Americans never deal with classified material and all the security rules & regs. By far most "security violations" that get investigated are people being careless or making an honest mistake.

What is happening here with Hillary is far outside the normal realm. This was intentional. This was a willingness at the highest level of govt to put the country at risk so that they could operate without it ever being revealed what truly happened.

posted Hide Post
It's almost cruel to daydream about what Attorney General Trey Gowdy would be doing right now....

Posts: 175 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 30, 2012Report This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This keeps gaining momentum, and at an ever-increasing rate:

Official: Clinton ‘inner circle’ may have stripped email classification markings

It appears her staff is also warming up the old "massive right wing conspiracy" excuse too.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1497 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Report This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually, Petraeus had CONFIDENTIAL material

Ignoring the "Need to know" and compartmentalisation aspect applied to everything (although you really can't):
Highest to lowest:
Top secret
Secret
Confidential

I actually know that, but my dyslectic mind had a severe senior moment brain fart and I substituted "Classified" for "Confidential" because they both started with a "C". Confused

Have any quantum physics text books you would like edited? Smile

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2282 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

Some idiot was on CNN last night talking about how the Clinton's have suffered repeatedly under unprovoked attacks by Republicans and that this is just a smear campaign due to the election.

They aren't nicknamed the Clinton News Network for nothing.

Posts: 34089 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
In other Hillary news:

"Everyday American" Hillary Edition

Best. Correction. Ever... from The LA Times...
Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24284 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
She will not escape this, Obama wants to give the clintons the big finger one last time, this would be it. He could call off the FBI if he wanted to, and have this just dissapear, but this is his chance to pull the big prize out of her hand one last time. He'll let this get so bad, that her numbers will be in the toilet, and have the DNC support Biden/Warren. I think he is enjoying Hillarys daily dose of bad news, it is fun watching them eat their own.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I think I can possibly explain this.

The President wanted to set up a server for the foundation. It was recommended. Hillary saw she could have free e-mail to back door with close staff and friends, "unofficially" of course, Chelsea's wedding stuff, etc.

One day, somebody used her private account to send her something clearly highly classified and so marked. Hillary erupted in one of her hissy fits, as reported by various Secret Service agents who have been so treated. She called one of her aides in and screamed, "I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE ANYTHING MARKED CLASSIFIED ON THIS SERVER EVER AGAIN. DO YOU HEAR ME?"

The hapless aide called up the server admin to tell him to do something to "make it so." So, (s)he programmed the server to automatically strip off classification notices. Problem solved!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
He'll let this get so bad, that her numbers will be in the toilet, and have the DNC support Biden/Warren.

And.... after she's out of the race.... to buy her silence....
He'll issue a pardon for her before he leaves office.

-rduckwor

Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
This thing is really gathering steam, however, I would like it to slow down and drag on for 3 reasons: I want to see the Demcorat's nominating process and convention in complete turmoil, I want to see her actually convicted under the next administration with no opportunity of pardon from Obama, and finally, because I'm enjoying the crap out of it.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Report This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I think I can possibly explain this.

The President wanted to set up a server for the foundation. It was recommended. Hillary saw she could have free e-mail to back door with close staff and friends, "unofficially" of course, Chelsea's wedding stuff, etc.

One day, somebody used her private account to send her something clearly highly classified and so marked. Hillary erupted in one of her hissy fits, as reported by various Secret Service agents who have been so treated. She called one of her aides in and screamed, "I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE ANYTHING MARKED CLASSIFIED ON THIS SERVER EVER AGAIN. DO YOU HEAR ME?"

The hapless aide called up the server admin to tell him to do something to "make it so." So, (s)he programmed the server to automatically strip off classification notices. Problem solved!
Following that scenario; how is the classified content cross pollinating onto an unclassified system? Who is transferring or recreating classified information onto an unsecured network. Are they using flash drives to transfer across the airgap? All of these violations of the classification system.

As a Senator, Secretary of State, etc, she should have known better, and had the whit to recognize the things appearing in her email should be classified. The proper response should have been a kermit flail and screaming "Spillage."

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIPRNet

The Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet) is "a system of interconnected computer networks used by the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of State to transmit classified information (up to and including information classified SECRET) by packet switching over the TCP/IP protocols in a 'completely secure' environment".[1] It also provides services such as hypertext document access and electronic mail. As such, SIPRNet is the DoD's classified version of the civilian Internet.

SIPRNet is the SECRET component of the Defense Information Systems Network.[2] Other components handle communications with other security needs, such as NIPRNet which is used for nonsecure communications, and JWICS which is used for Top Secret communications.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NIPRNet

The Nonsecure Internet Protocol (IP) Router Network (abbreviated as "NIPRNet," but commonly written "NIPRNET"), but commonly referred to as the "'Non-classified' IP Router Network," is a private IP network used to exchange unclassified information, including information subject to controls on distribution,[1] among the private network's users. The NIPRNet also provides its users access to the Internet.

NIPRNet is composed of Internet Protocol routers owned by the United States Department of Defense (DOD). It was created in the 1980s and managed by the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) to supersede the earlier MILNET.[2] NIPRNET is the largest private network in the world.[citation needed]

Over the last decades[when?], NIPRnet has grown faster than the U.S. Department of Defense can monitor. DoD spent $10 million in 2010 to map out the current state of the NIPRNET, in an effort to analyze its expansion, and identify unauthorized users, who are suspected to have quietly joined the network.[2] The NIPRNET survey, which uses IPSonar software developed by Lumeta Corporation, also looked for weakness in security caused by network configuration.[3] The Department of Defense has made a major effort over the last few years,[when?] to improve network security.[4] The Pentagon announced it was requesting $2.3 billion in the 2012 budget to bolster network security within the Defense Department and to strengthen ties with its counterparts at the Department of Homeland Security.

SIPRNet and NIPRNet are referred to colloquially as sipper-net and nipper-net (or simply sipper and nipper), respectively.

What the hell is State on?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Report This Post