SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
I would hate to be a close Clinton staffer when they decided to turn over the server, plus have all this info coming out about emails, sinking poll numbers, Hillary exploding would probably make that Chinese explosion look like a firecracker.

Being a Clinton confidant has been an exceptionally hazardous occupation over the last ~30 years. She single-handedly destroyed the Rose Law Firm. One partner committed suicide so it is claimed, another ended up in federal prison. Whitewater, futures trading, billing records, travel office, bimbo eruptions, it's been a real beggar's crossroads.

I have a feeling the best is yet to come. There's the truth about Benghazi, don't forget. My guess is that will make everyone forget about the server.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Hubris is one of the great renewable resources." - P. J. O'Rourke

Posts: 108108 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"Hubris is one of the great renewable resources." - P. J. O'Rourke

Added to my quote collection. I've not seen that one before. Thank you.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I'm really starting to think this could kill off her candidacy.

Oh, I think she's done. Kaput. She's such a lyin' bitch that everyone is starting to see what we were talking about for years. And she is such a Rat Fuck Commie Egomaniac that she will continue the downward spiral with worsening results.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The Clinton team is taking credit for being so cooperative. But now that the intelligence side claims 2 of the emails are TS, those hard drives and thumb drives must all be collected and controlled by people w the proper credentials.

Team Clinton did not have a choice.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...l-says/?intcmp=hpbt2

The Associated Press reported that Kendall gave three thumb drives containing copies of roughly 30,000 work-related emails sent to and from Clinton's personal email address to the FBI after the agency determined he could not remain in possession of the classified information contained in some of the emails.

Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
After signing that agreement,this means she perjured herself, plus what ever else they find on the thumb drives. Going to be hard staying out of jail on this, let alone trying to run. I heard earlier today on the radio that Kerry was thinking about another run.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Matters not. She won't be touched and she knows it. The "Just Us" Department won't prosecute her, and Con-gress is full of a bunch of Boehner cry babies.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The Clintons wouldn't be engaging in this sort of high level of debauchery unless they knew they had a fail safe option of protection. They have been doing this sort of thing for decades with little or no repercussion.
She has as much chance of seeing the inside of a jail cell as Trump has of getting the nomination.

She may loose the nomination but but it will be made to look like it's due to other factors and not this.
Her biggest liability in all this is she's a rich white uppity bitch and Obama and Eric Holder hold a dim view of rich whitey.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8555 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Hillary was stupid enough to give a lawyer any classified evidence, and if there exist a lawyer stupid enough to accept and possess classified info.

Maybe Hillary was smart enough to give that lawyer some "throw down" thumb drives and give the FBI a "throw down" server. There was more than ample time for Hillary to protect herself.

I predict nothing much of any interest will be found at this late date. And I don't see the DOJ doing much of anything.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
^ much of this would depend upon how aggressive the investigation really is. If it's a real one at all. Any computer equipment she turns over will have serial and manufacturer stampings that will tell them anything and everything about that piece of equipment.
She would have to have been seeing way ahead of things to make something like that work.
I don't think this investigation is all that investigative.
Huma has already lawyered up. Hillary will leave a killing field of aides and associates but she will walk away unscathed

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8555 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I know this is not directly related to the email scandal, but the LA Times ran a story on Hillary on Monday and had to run this correction:

Big Grin

https://www.americarisingpac.o...e-salary-per-speech/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
Matters not. She won't be touched and she knows it. The "Just Us" Department won't prosecute her, and Con-gress is full of a bunch of Boehner cry babies.

True. Look what they did to Patraeus for much less. She should be perp walked in handcuffs and put in an orange jump suit, but that's a fantasy.

Anyone who has followed the life and times of Bill and Hillary Clinton should know that she was a money-grubbing liar in 1992, and she's a money-grubbing liar in 2015. The only difference is that in 1992 it was covering for Bill's "bimbo-eruptions" and small-time Arkansas stuff like Whitewater (a corrupt land deal) and cattle-futures trades where the profits were put into her account and losses into the account of her benefactor (bribes).
Now, everything about the foundation is the same, but the bribes (and the treason) are on a grand scale.
Remember: It was the Clintons who gave nukes to the N. Koreans and missile technology to the Chinese for cash under the table.

The entire reason she had her own server was to keep her side deals secret. As SecState she was in a position to collect bribes on a grand scale, worldwide.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24278 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Iron bottom:
I wonder if Hillary was stupid enough to give a lawyer any classified evidence, and if there exist a lawyer stupid enough to accept and possess classified info.

Maybe Hillary was smart enough to give that lawyer some "throw down" thumb drives and give the FBI a "throw down" server. There was more than ample time for Hillary to protect herself.

I predict nothing much of any interest will be found at this late date. And I don't see the DOJ doing much of anything.

That would be the dumbest thing imaginable. You go out and hire the best lawyer you can, and then give him a fairy tale of fake, inaccurate, incomplete facts and documents, then expect his advice to be worth..... What?

He had better have given them what he has, all of it, no copies kept, or he'll be in trouble as well, and might be now himself. He might have had associates working on this stuff, disclosing this to other non-cleared folks, too.

Lawyers representing criminal defendants are cleared for access to classified info all the time. No telling why that could not have been done here, except, of course there was no classified material ever sent or received.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
This scandal has been running for over 100 days.

It features some 60,000 email.

That is 600 per day to view.

Those servers and thumb drives are santitized, scrubbed, cleared, beaten, folded, spindled, and mutilated until the only thing on them that is troublesome is how pristine they are, and whether they are the real drives or replacements.

The only way for this to blow as high as Tianjin is through tracking messages back to these devices.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31556 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
http://legalinsurrection.com/2...clinton-emails-video

Funny Video about Clinton emails.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Hillary is following the Clinton Scandal Playbook in email criminal investigation
By Thomas Lifson

The skill set of the Clintons includes mastery of handling scandals, because, as the saying goes, “Practice makes perfect.” Bimbo eruptions, shady commodities trades, dodgy land deals – ever since the earliest days in Arkansas politics, the Clintons have developed expertise in delaying, distracting, denying, evading, expunging, lying, intimidating, impugning, and otherwise minimizing the impact of their unethical and illegal activities.

Here are a few of the ways the Clinton Scandal Playbook is being followed:

Delay

In the words of Trey Gowdy:

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R., S.C.) delivered a classic response to news Hillary Clinton will turn over her private server to the FBI: “About damn time.”

The Chairman of the Benghazi Committee had been calling for Clinton to give the server to a third party arbiter for months.

“I can’t help but smile at the notion that somebody is voluntarily turning something over to the FBI,” Gowdy said. “They generally don’t ask. They generally tell you to do so.”

Control the visuals

Now that an FBI raid for evidence has been avoided by turning over her server “voluntarily,” the visuals have been temporarily managed. After repeatedly claiming that her server would remain private, she was forced to cough it up, on threat of subpoena. The New York Times obediently headlined, “Hillary Clinton Directs Aides to Give Email Server and Thumb Drive to the Justice Department,” as if a take-charge executive were going the extra mile to ensure transparency.

Impugn the questioners

Hillary’s campaign spokesman Jennifer Palmieri sent a now-notorious email to supporters concluding that the “bottom line” is that the issue is just the “kind of nonsense [that] comes with the territory of running for president.”

Evade

Well whaddya know? That server wasn’t even at Chappaqua. Fox News reports:

The FBI has taken possession of the personal e-mail server used by Hillary Clinton during her tenure as secretary of state, according to a published report.

Barbara Wells, an attorney for Denver-based computer services firm Platte River Networks, told The Washington Post that federal agents picked up the server from a private data center in New Jersey Wednesday afternoon.

Expunge

(continuing from above):

The attorney told the paper that the server "was blank" and no longer contained useful information.

"The information had been migrated over to a different server for purposes of transition," Wells told the paper. "To my knowledge the data on the old server is not available now on any servers or devices in Platte River Network’s control." Wells added that the company had cooperated with the FBI and had been told it was not a target of the investigation.

Distract

Ed Morrissey of Hot Air:

“Many Republican candidates for president,” Palmieri states, “have done the same things for which they’re now criticizing Hillary.” False. While it’s true that they had their own private e-mail servers, they also weren’t responsible for compliance with the Federal Records Act, which covers federal officials and requires archiving of all communications. They also had no requirement to comply with Barack Obama’s executive order that largely barred the use of private e-mail for public duties by federal employees. And most aptly for the purposes of this discussion, governors do not access, retain, or communicate classified material, especially not Top Secret/compartmented intelligence data. The criticism of Hillary from the GOP’s presidential candidates references those points, along with the use of a private e-mail system to bypass the FRA and Congressional oversight.

Before this, though, Palmieri again tries to sell the idea that none of the data now marked as classified was restricted when the material was sent. “No information in her emails was marked classified at the time she sent or received them,” Palmieri argues. That’s the problem, not the alibi. Two Inspectors General have confirmed that the material in the four e-mails found in a sample of 40 they were allowed to inspect was classified at the time it was transmitted through Hillary Clinton’s e-mail system. The data was “classified when they were sent and are classified now,” according to their referral, and now they have confirmed that at least two of the four contained data that was classified TS/compartmented at that time. If it wasn’t marked, it clearly should have been.

Lie

Peter Suderman of Reason:

"I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email. There is no classified material. I’m certainly well aware of the classification requirements and did not send classified material," she said.

The statement was clear and unequivocal. It was also not true.

When the inspector general (IG) for U.S. intelligence agencies reviewed just a small sample of the emails produced from her server—forty out of tens of thousands—the IG found that four were, in fact, classified.

Yesterday night it was revealed that two of those emails were classified Top Secret.

Given that 10 percent of the emails in the small batch examined by the IG were classified, it’s more than likely that there are many, many more of the communications on that server are classified too. Clinton claimed that "there is no classified material," but what we know is that there’s definitely some, and almost certainly quite a lot of it.

Since her initial statement in March, Clinton’s campaign has updated her story. Her claim is now that none of the emails were classified at the time they were sent. "She followed appropriate practices in dealing with classified materials," campaign spokesperson Nick Merrill told Politico in July. "Any released emails deemed classified by the administration have been done so after the fact, and not at the time they were transmitted."

A joint statement in July from IGs at the State Department and the Director of National Intelligence indicates otherwise.

"[The four classified] emails were not retroactively classified by the State Department," the statement says. "Rather these emails contained classified information when they were generated and, according to IC classification officials, that information remains classified today. This classified information should never have been transmitted via an unclassified personal system." [Emphasis added.]

Intimidate

This one remains to be seen. Her chief of staff, Cheryl Mills, and her personal assistant, Huma Abedin, would make great fall-guys, wouldn’t they? A black and a Muslim – both women.

Vince Foster remains unavailable for comment.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com...n.html#ixzz3ihm3dDiJ

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24278 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
I have yet to hear anyone mention a very important part of this.

Even Geraldo said that it is OK if a “Top Secret” document is sent from a holder of a “Top Secret” clearance to someone who also has a “Top Secret” clearance. This is not true.

Back in Nam, I held a “Secret” classification. It was made very clear that regardless of the classification a person has, that person must have a “Need to Know”, otherwise the information could not be given.

Doesn’t anyone realize this very real qualification of “Need to Know”, or has it gone the way of common sense?

This “Need to Know” has the same requirements in all Federal agencies, including military, etc.

Since this is Hillary: below is from the U.S. Department of State FAQ

http://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10977.htm#14

6. What work does each clearance allow a person to do?
A clearance allows a person filling a specific position to have access to classified national security information up to and including the level of clearance that they hold, so long as the person has a need to know the information.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2282 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"Even Geraldo said that it is OK if a “Top Secret” document is sent from a holder of a “Top Secret” clearance to someone who also has a “Top Secret” clearance"

Need to know definitely applies.

Also, TS emails go over special networks and hardware that is more controlled & limited than other classified electronic systems.

That TS material was transmitted and stored on private systems is a very serious security violation.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Hillary Clinton Emails Show She Requested Book On How To Email, Had Chapter Titled “Delete Something So It Stays Deleted”

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics...ed/story?id=33046042

The last batch of Hillary Clinton emails released by the State Department included one from Clinton asking to borrow a book called “Send: Why People Email So Badly and How to Do It Better,” by David Shipley and Will Schwalbe.

Clinton has not said why she requested the book, but it includes some advice that is particularly interesting in light of the controversy over her unconventional email arrangement at the State Department and her decision to delete tens of thousands of emails she deemed to be purely personal.

The copy that ABC downloaded for $9.99 had some interesting revelations.

Take, for example, Chapter Six: “The Email That Can Land You In Jail.” The chapter includes a section entitled “How to Delete Something So It Stays Deleted.”

“Some people are hoarders, some are checkers,” the authors write. “The main thing to consider is that once you do decide to delete, it’s like taking the garbage from your kitchen and putting it in your hallway. It’s still there.”

The chapter advised that to truly delete emails may require a special rewriting program “to make sure that it’s not just elsewhere on the drive but has in fact been written over sixteen or twenty times and rendered undefinable.”

But Shipley and Schwalbe warn that deleting emails could lead to future legal troubles.

On page 215, the authors list “Stupid (and Real) Email Phrases That Wound Up in Court.” Number one on the list? “DELETE THIS EMAIL!’ Later, on page 226, the writers warn, “If you’re issued a subpoena, your deletion binge will only make you look guilty.”

The FBI is investigating the handling of classified information in Clinton’s emails, while she maintains she has done nothing illegal or improper.

Instead of deleting, the authors suggest never putting sensitive information in an email, quoting disgraced former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer: “'Never talk when you can nod. And never write when you can talk. My only addendum is never put it in an email.' (We know…we know. Spitzer resigned. And before that, his short-lived administration was embroiled in a controversy where the smoking guns were on email. But it’s still really good advice.)”

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redleg2/9:
I have yet to hear anyone mention a very important part of this.

Even Geraldo said that it is OK if a “Top Secret” document is sent from a holder of a “Top Secret” clearance to someone who also has a “Top Secret” clearance. This is not true.

Back in Nam, I held a “Secret” classification. It was made very clear that regardless of the classification a person has, that person must have a “Need to Know”, otherwise the information could not be given.

Doesn’t anyone realize this very real qualification of “Need to Know”, or has it gone the way of common sense?

This “Need to Know” has the same requirements in all Federal agencies, including military, etc.

Since this is Hillary: below is from the U.S. Department of State FAQ

http://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10977.htm#14

6. What work does each clearance allow a person to do?
A clearance allows a person filling a specific position to have access to classified national security information up to and including the level of clearance that they hold, so long as the person has a need to know the information.

You're exactly correct. Current periodic training our agency gave us on National Security stressed that a clearance holder with the appropriate level of clearance was also required to have a "Need to Know." The official's status meant nothing regarding whether he/she was authorized access to classified material. It came down to clearance level and need to know.

And this business of Clinton using personal servers to received State Dept. information, that is strictly prohibited for any government employee to do with unclassified material, much less classified material. Also, if Clinton gave her attorney classified material on a thumb drive, then that would be highly illegal, unless the attorney had the appropriate security clearance and a need to know the material. I doubt that he had either. He would be subject to arrest for receiving and holding such material. I also doubt he has a certified safe to hold that material, another security violation. Why hasn't he been arrested, much less Clinton, since material has been verified as classified? The explanation I heard was FBI is taking their investigation very slowly because of Clinton's high profile position. You or I or General Petraeus don't qualify for that special treatment and I don't think that Petraeus' material wasn't even Secret level.

Posts: 2476 | Registered: January 21, 2007Report This Post