SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
All of that is well and good, 'except' for the FBI's ongoing investigation. If the FBI were not involved, 'maybe'' the Clinton camp could run out the clock and try and sweep this away. However, 'if' the FBI finds anything (and my bet is they will), and an indictment is filed, nothing on this planet can save her career and/or campaign.

Oh, I agree. But that just means that those in her camp are counting on two things. First, the FBI won't say squat unless there are indictments and indictments take a long time to develop in that particular environment even where, as here, it seems plain that she did something illegal and may well have done so to cover up even more illegal activity (influence peddling, in this case). Second, if she gets elected or is still a viable candidate when the indictment or indictments come down, then her supporters will happily assume she's untouchable. I guess I'm expecting them to see it as more a race against the clock than an attempt to run out the clock.

IOW, Clinton may get indicted in the end, it's going to be a while before this mess breaks Clinton's supporters hearts. For the purposes of the election, what we need to see is their hearts well, truly and conclusively broken - at least for this election cycle.

Maybe the indictments will arrive the same week as the Inauguration, and she can be the first President to pardon herself!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Truly incredibly stupid statement from Howard Dean:

http://www.breitbart.com/video...ored-news-media-gop/

Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” former Gov. Howard Dean (D-VT), and also the former chair of the Democratic National Committee, offered his thought on what is driving the story behind former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s email during tenure as the nation’s diplomat.

Dean told moderator Chuck Todd that it’s a product of the a “bored” news media and the Republican Party.

“I actually don’t think the answers are evolving,” Dean said. “I think they’re steady as she goes. Look, this is, in fact, manufactured partly by a press that’s bored and partly by the Republicans.

Here’s the deal. She did not break any rules, she did not break any policy, she may have sent stuff that was classified that wasn’t labeled classified , and it is well known that the State Department and others are trying to get stuff classified after the fact.

She can’t be blamed for this . So I look at this as the usual press frenzy, the pack journalism, and I think it’ll go away, because there’s no sense to it.”

There is no sense to Howard Dean. It doesn't help Hillary Clinton to say she may have sent stuff that was classified.

It is obvious Dean has not the slightest idea what he is talking about.

adding: watching the video, Dean's comment goes right by Chuck Todd who doesn't make any counter comment at all.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
All of that is well and good, 'except' for the FBI's ongoing investigation. If the FBI were not involved, 'maybe'' the Clinton camp could run out the clock and try and sweep this away. However, 'if' the FBI finds anything (and my bet is they will), and an indictment is filed, nothing on this planet can save her career and/or campaign.

Oh, I agree. But that just means that those in her camp are counting on two things. First, the FBI won't say squat unless there are indictments and indictments take a long time to develop in that particular environment even where, as here, it seems plain that she did something illegal and may well have done so to cover up even more illegal activity (influence peddling, in this case). Second, if she gets elected or is still a viable candidate when the indictment or indictments come down, then her supporters will happily assume she's untouchable. I guess I'm expecting them to see it as more a race against the clock than an attempt to run out the clock.

IOW, Clinton may get indicted in the end, it's going to be a while before this mess breaks Clinton's supporters hearts. For the purposes of the election, what we need to see is their hearts well, truly and conclusively broken - at least for this election cycle.
I don't know. Who 'are' the real Clinton supports right now. Apparently those on the far left are willing to vote for her because they have no other choices. Moderate DEM's (I know, I know, kinda like hen's teeth) are beginning to waffle and look for options. Without a viable option, they may stay home on election day. What about independents? I think they're already running from the S.S. Hillary. Conservatives? Not a chance they vote for Hillary.

So in the final take, I think her chances in the general election are slim at best, and any negative or criminal findings by the FBI will limit her support to such a small portion of the electorate that she wouldn't have a snowball's chance down south of winning the presidency.

At least that's how I'm seeing things shaking out right now.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, the server hard drive and the thumb drives are Hillary's blue dress. I'll never forget watching Bill come unglued during his deposition. I hope to see something similar from Hillary.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Maybe the indictments will arrive the same week as the Inauguration, and she can be the first President to pardon herself!
I wish I could believe you were joking, but in this bad episode of the Twilight Zone we're currently living in, I'll just hope this never develops into reality.
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Has Howard Dean ever said anything that wasn't incredibly stupid? The man is a walking, talking, moron who I'm convinced should be institutionalized for his and everyone else's safety.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Can those of you with experience dealing with classified information and/or with the IT aspect of it please distill what rules she has violated and the current evidence for the violations?

I've read pretty much all 33 pages of this thread over the weeks and I'm getting lost in the weeds and want to make sure I have a firm handle on what the rules are, what she (or those around her did, doesn't matter, really) did and is accused of doing.

I'd rather hear from people who actually know WTF they're talking about so I can dissect the spiel team-Hil will give us.

Classified material and Unclassified material are contained in 2 different systems. SIPERNET is for classified material. Classified material can never be sent to an unclassified system (NIPERNET) or to privet email systems. No classified material on your privet laptops, computer, or printed/written on paper without being held in an authorized secure manner.

When she sent classified info out over her unsecure server or when someone sent her info they had read on a secure system to her unsecure system she/they broke the law and or procedures.

12 FAM 530

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10364 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I wish I could believe you were joking, but in this bad episode of the Twilight Zone we're currently living in, I'll just hope this never develops into reality.
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Has Howard Dean ever said anything that wasn't incredibly stupid? The man is a walking, talking, moron who I'm convinced should be institutionalized for his and everyone else's safety.

I've mentioned this before, but I think I liked it better when reductio ad absurdum was a logical, rhetorical device, and not a way of life.

It seems like the most absurd, preposterous things you can think of are likely to happen!

We have a professional comedian in the Senate, communists holding all sorts of offices, well, a whole list of anomalies the typing of all which might make me burst into tears, you know.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hillary Clinton will have to make a decision soon. Before the new year, we will know this screeching harpy's fate.

I'm hoping it's bad, very bad.

This arrogant, shameless, disgusting crook has been a blight on the American people for decades, and I do believe she is done, once and for all. It's just a matter of time. This story is not going away, and I think this charlatan now realizes this.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108111 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The FBI investigation should probably take a few months. Then it's up to Obama whether he'll allow Lynch to prosecute Hillary. Since he doesn't really have any affinity for the Clintons, he just might allow the prosecution to go forward. On the other hand, the leaders of the democrat party may sway him to kill any prosecution to save the party from further public embarrassment and allow her to quietly withdraw from the race. She really needs to go to prison, but, that decision is up to Obama whether she'll ever be charged. Of course he could just pardon her.

Posts: 2476 | Registered: January 21, 2007Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by INV136:
The FBI investigation should probably take a few months. Then it's up to Obama whether he'll allow Lynch to prosecute Hillary. Since he doesn't really have any affinity for the Clintons, he just might allow the prosecution to go forward. On the other hand, the leaders of the democrat party may sway him to kill any prosecution to save the party from further public embarrassment and allow her to quietly withdraw from the race. She really needs to go to prison, but, that decision is up to Obama whether she'll ever be charged. Of course he could just pardon her.

The trial would sure have to be hurried, unless they could just preemptively give her some type of blanket pardon.

Posts: 7518 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course he could just pardon her.

It ain't orange nylon and cold ham sandwiches, but I'd still get a laugh out of that. If nothing else, her excuses for accepting a pardon would be hilarious.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if there are Federal regulations, laws, rules or policies regarding the use of official government email acciunts and/or using personal email for official government business?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38053 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Jeebus. The "Confuse 'Em" strategy is already getting traction.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Does anyone know if there are Federal regulations, laws, rules or policies regarding the use of official government email acciunts and/or using personal email for official government business?

Here is a like to the National Archives and Records Administration guidance on the topic: NARA Bulletin 2013-03: Guidance for agency employees on the management of Federal records, including email accounts, and the protection of Federal records from unauthorized removal, September 9, 2013.

It references various pieces of the United States Code (USC) and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).

This caught my eye:

quote:
Finally, they must notify employees that there are criminal penalties for the unlawful removal or destruction of Federal records (18 U.S.C. 2071 and 36 CFR 1230.12) and the unlawful disclosure of national security information (18 U.S.C. 793, 794, and 798).

quote:
18 USC §793. Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information

(a) Whoever, for the purpose of obtaining information respecting the national defense with intent or reason to believe that the information is to be used to the injury of the United States, or to the advantage of any foreign nation, goes upon, enters, flies over, or otherwise obtains information concerning any vessel, aircraft, work of defense, navy yard, naval station, submarine base, fueling station, fort, battery, torpedo station, dockyard, canal, railroad, arsenal, camp, factory, mine, telegraph, telephone, wireless, or signal station, building, office, research laboratory or station or other place connected with the national defense owned or constructed, or in progress of construction by the United States or under the control of the United States, or of any of its officers, departments, or agencies, or within the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States, or any place in which any vessel, aircraft, arms, munitions, or other materials or instruments for use in time of war are being made, prepared, repaired, stored, or are the subject of research or development, under any contract or agreement with the United States, or any department or agency thereof, or with any person on behalf of the United States, or otherwise on behalf of the United States, or any prohibited place so designated by the President by proclamation in time of war or in case of national emergency in which anything for the use of the Army, Navy, or Air Force is being prepared or constructed or stored, information as to which prohibited place the President has determined would be prejudicial to the national defense; or

(b) Whoever, for the purpose aforesaid, and with like intent or reason to believe, copies, takes, makes, or obtains, or attempts to copy, take, make, or obtain, any sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, document, writing, or note of anything connected with the national defense; or

(c) Whoever, for the purpose aforesaid, receives or obtains or agrees or attempts to receive or obtain from any person, or from any source whatever, any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note, of anything connected with the national defense, knowing or having reason to believe, at the time he receives or obtains, or agrees or attempts to receive or obtain it, that it has been or will be obtained, taken, made, or disposed of by any person contrary to the provisions of this chapter; or

(d) Whoever, lawfully having possession of, access to, control over, or being entrusted with any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it on demand to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it; or

(e) Whoever having unauthorized possession of, access to, or control over any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted, or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it; or

(f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

(g) If two or more persons conspire to violate any of the foregoing provisions of this section, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each of the parties to such conspiracy shall be subject to the punishment provided for the offense which is the object of such conspiracy.

(h)(1) Any person convicted of a violation of this section shall forfeit to the United States, irrespective of any provision of State law, any property constituting, or derived from, any proceeds the person obtained, directly or indirectly, from any foreign government, or any faction or party or military or naval force within a foreign country, whether recognized or unrecognized by the United States, as the result of such violation. For the purposes of this subsection, the term "State" includes a State of the United States, the District of Columbia, and any commonwealth, territory, or possession of the United States.

(2) The court, in imposing sentence on a defendant for a conviction of a violation of this section, shall order that the defendant forfeit to the United States all property described in paragraph (1) of this subsection.

(3) The provisions of subsections (b), (c), and (e) through (p) of section 413 of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970 (21 U.S.C. 853(b), (c), and (e)–(p)) shall apply to—

(A) property subject to forfeiture under this subsection;

(B) any seizure or disposition of such property; and

(C) any administrative or judicial proceeding in relation to such property,

if not inconsistent with this subsection.

(4) Notwithstanding section 524(c) of title 28, there shall be deposited in the Crime Victims Fund in the Treasury all amounts from the forfeiture of property under this subsection remaining after the payment of expenses for forfeiture and sale authorized by law.

quote:
18 USC §794. Gathering or delivering defense information to aid foreign government

(a) Whoever, with intent or reason to believe that it is to be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of a foreign nation, communicates, delivers, or transmits, or attempts to communicate, deliver, or transmit, to any foreign government, or to any faction or party or military or naval force within a foreign country, whether recognized or unrecognized by the United States, or to any representative, officer, agent, employee, subject, or citizen thereof, either directly or indirectly, any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, note, instrument, appliance, or information relating to the national defense, shall be punished by death or by imprisonment for any term of years or for life, except that the sentence of death shall not be imposed unless the jury or, if there is no jury, the court, further finds that the offense resulted in the identification by a foreign power (as defined in section 101(a) of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978) of an individual acting as an agent of the United States and consequently in the death of that individual, or directly concerned nuclear weaponry, military spacecraft or satellites, early warning systems, or other means of defense or retaliation against large-scale attack; war plans; communications intelligence or cryptographic information; or any other major weapons system or major element of defense strategy.

(b) Whoever, in time of war, with intent that the same shall be communicated to the enemy, collects, records, publishes, or communicates, or attempts to elicit any information with respect to the movement, numbers, description, condition, or disposition of any of the Armed Forces, ships, aircraft, or war materials of the United States, or with respect to the plans or conduct, or supposed plans or conduct of any naval or military operations, or with respect to any works or measures undertaken for or connected with, or intended for the fortification or defense of any place, or any other information relating to the public defense, which might be useful to the enemy, shall be punished by death or by imprisonment for any term of years or for life.

(c) If two or more persons conspire to violate this section, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each of the parties to such conspiracy shall be subject to the punishment provided for the offense which is the object of such conspiracy.

(d)(1) Any person convicted of a violation of this section shall forfeit to the United States irrespective of any provision of State law—

(A) any property constituting, or derived from, any proceeds the person obtained, directly or indirectly, as the result of such violation, and

(B) any of the person's property used, or intended to be used, in any manner or part, to commit, or to facilitate the commission of, such violation.

For the purposes of this subsection, the term "State" includes a State of the United States, the District of Columbia, and any commonwealth, territory, or possession of the United States.

(2) The court, in imposing sentence on a defendant for a conviction of a violation of this section, shall order that the defendant forfeit to the United States all property described in paragraph (1) of this subsection.

(3) The provisions of subsections (b), (c) and (e) through (p) of section 413 of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970 (21 U.S.C. 853(b), (c), and (e)–(p)) shall apply to—

(4) Notwithstanding section 524(c) of title 28, there shall be deposited in the Crime Victims Fund in the Treasury all amounts from the forfeiture of property under this subsection remaining after the payment of expenses for forfeiture and sale authorized by law.

quote:
18 USC §798. Disclosure of classified information

(a) Whoever knowingly and willfully communicates, furnishes, transmits, or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person, or publishes, or uses in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States or for the benefit of any foreign government to the detriment of the United States any classified information—

(1) concerning the nature, preparation, or use of any code, cipher, or cryptographic system of the United States or any foreign government; or

(2) concerning the design, construction, use, maintenance, or repair of any device, apparatus, or appliance used or prepared or planned for use by the United States or any foreign government for cryptographic or communication intelligence purposes; or

(3) concerning the communication intelligence activities of the United States or any foreign government; or

(4) obtained by the processes of communication intelligence from the communications of any foreign government, knowing the same to have been obtained by such processes—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

(b) As used in subsection (a) of this section—

The term "classified information" means information which, at the time of a violation of this section, is, for reasons of national security, specifically designated by a United States Government Agency for limited or restricted dissemination or distribution;

The terms "code," "cipher," and "cryptographic system" include in their meanings, in addition to their usual meanings, any method of secret writing and any mechanical or electrical device or method used for the purpose of disguising or concealing the contents, significance, or meanings of communications;

The term "foreign government" includes in its meaning any person or persons acting or purporting to act for or on behalf of any faction, party, department, agency, bureau, or military force of or within a foreign country, or for or on behalf of any government or any person or persons purporting to act as a government within a foreign country, whether or not such government is recognized by the United States;

The term "communication intelligence" means all procedures and methods used in the interception of communications and the obtaining of information from such communications by other than the intended recipients;

The term "unauthorized person" means any person who, or agency which, is not authorized to receive information of the categories set forth in subsection (a) of this section, by the President, or by the head of a department or agency of the United States Government which is expressly designated by the President to engage in communication intelligence activities for the United States.

(c) Nothing in this section shall prohibit the furnishing, upon lawful demand, of information to any regularly constituted committee of the Senate or House of Representatives of the United States of America, or joint committee thereof.

(d)(1) Any person convicted of a violation of this section shall forfeit to the United States irrespective of any provision of State law—

(A) any property constituting, or derived from, any proceeds the person obtained, directly or indirectly, as the result of such violation; and

(B) any of the person's property used, or intended to be used, in any manner or part, to commit, or to facilitate the commission of, such violation.

(2) The court, in imposing sentence on a defendant for a conviction of a violation of this section, shall order that the defendant forfeit to the United States all property described in paragraph (1).

(3) Except as provided in paragraph (4), the provisions of subsections (b), (c), and (e) through (p) of section 413 of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970 (21 U.S.C. 853(b), (c), and (e)–(p)), shall apply to—

(4) Notwithstanding section 524(c) of title 28, there shall be deposited in the Crime Victims Fund established under section 1402 of the Victims of Crime Act of 1984 (42 U.S.C. 10601) all amounts from the forfeiture of property under this subsection remaining after the payment of expenses for forfeiture and sale authorized by law.

(5) As used in this subsection, the term "State" means any State of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and any territory or possession of the United States.

quote:
18 USC §2071. Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally

(a) Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term "office" does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31556 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24278 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108111 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Uh oh, another regulation skirted, they keep adding up. Wink

I'm no lawyer, and really can't speculate as to any laws she may have violated, but there are a metric shit ton of regulations she danced around.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6251 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by INV136:

The trial would sure have to be hurried, unless they could just preemptively give her some type of blanket pardon.

There need not be a conviction as a requirement for a pardon.

Nixon was never charged.

Much information can be learned from this article about the pardon of a former CIA director, by BJ.

Link

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
On page 12 of this thread, there is a post about the “Annual Report to Congress: Federal Information Security Management Act February 2015”

The State Dept has one of the lowest federal agency scores for compliance with information security.

Total Agency scores:
GSA 99%
DoJ 99%
DHS 98%
Dept of State 42%
HHS 35%
HUD 19%

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
WH press briefing today:

Josh Earnest: “The president has indicated it is his view that the decision he made, I guess seven years ago now, to add Joe Biden to the ticket as his running mate was the smartest decision he has ever made in politics. And I think that should give you some sense of the president’s view of Vice President Biden’s aptitude for the top job.”

adding: a few people are guessing that Biden offered Warren the VP slot and an agreement he would only do one term. If elected, he would be 74 starting as president. That would set Warren up for 2020.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,