SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
If I was a Clinton aide, I would take out a large life insurance policy and stay in large public places for the next two or more years.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hillary Clinton's email defense...is no defense under the law

Hillary Clinton is a lawyer, yet she seems oblivious of the law. Either that, or she well knows she has no viable legal defense, leaving herself little alternative but to conjure one.

Over the weekend, Clinton repeated her claim that she neither received nor sent any emails with information marked “classified.” But how they were marked is irrelevant and immaterial under the law. Read the statutes (18 USC 1924 and 18 USC 793). The content of the documents is what counts, not markings.

Initially, two documents containing “top-secret” intelligence matters were discovered among the emails on her private server. Now, there are reports that the number of emails with classified data has ballooned to 60. Hundreds more may be discovered as investigators comb through the roughly 30,000 work-related emails handled by Clinton’s server.

Storing classified information at an unauthorized location (and/or transmitting it therefrom) is a crime. Pure and simple. Knowledge of its classification status is of no legal consequence. Thus, it is no defense for Clinton to claim she did not know matters were classified.

Which invites another salient question: How could she not know? As Secretary of State, she was privy to many of our nation’s most-guarded secrets. Did they have to be specifically marked “Top Secret” or “Classified” for her to recognize them for what they were? For four years, she was America’s top diplomat with direct access to the most sensitive information and data. It should have been recognized by her instantaneously.

And yet, Clinton appears to be arguing her own incompetence. That is, she should not be held legally liable because she was too inept to recognize classified materials without their markings.

But incompetence is not a defense. Especially if you are angling for a promotion to be President of the United States.

Regardless of her motives, it was reckless, foolish and naïve to establish a private server to handle copious messages that would inexorably involve matters of national security and secrecy. It would be impossible not to break the law.

Which makes Clinton’s defense of her actions all the more implausible.

Posts: 107989 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
"You can fool some of the people all of the time...."

She has to hope that this is one of those times.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
A new poll apparently says that voters think Hillary is a liar.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/...is-a-dishonest-liar/

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31433 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
A new poll apparently says that voters think Hillary is a liar.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/...is-a-dishonest-liar/

Is that poll significant? Polls can be skewed blah, blah, blah. Oh wait. They were simply asked what words came to mind. Smile

Hillary's campaign song may now include the words to a golden oldie, "They're coming to take you away, ha, ha..." Big Grin

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hillary is now exposed for what was obvious to many when she a WJC were running for office. Lier is the least of her offences; she is thoroughly corrupt, a despicable example of the human race.

Many Democrats have known this for years, the question is; will they vote for her despite the facts?

I think that some will, God save the USofA.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
yesterday in Iowa: Hillary may have set the record for most lies in under 30 sec.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...e-department-emails/

“I know people have raised questions about my email use as secretary of state, and I understand why,”

“I get it. So here’s what I want the American people to know: My use of personal email was allowed by the State Department. It clearly wasn’t the best choice. I should’ve used two emails: one personal, one for work.”

“I take responsibility for that decision, and I want to be as transparent as possible, which is why I turned over 55,000 pages, why I’ve turned over my server, why I’ve agreed to — in fact, been asking to — and have finally gotten a date to testify before a congressional committee in October.”

“I’m confident that this process will prove that I never sent, nor received, any email that was marked classified,”

It is scary, but very enlightening, to (1) now know some of the details of her private email server and (2) watch how she distorts what actually happened into a self serving pile of crap.

I really would like some news person to go "full Trump" in direct communication style.

They would repeat some quote from Hillary, and then scream: Bullshit !! Sheer Utter Bullshit !!

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
yesterday in Iowa: Hillary may have set the record for most lies in under 30 sec.

Same stuff she's been saying for weeks. Thing is: Liberals know that if they repeat something often enough, some number of people will eventually accept it as the truth, regardless of how unlikely it is.

It's kind of like a form of hypnosis, I guess.

She's hoping to hypnotize just enough of those weak-minded types to save her bacon.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107989 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:

Is that poll significant? Polls can be skewed blah, blah, blah. Oh wait. They were simply asked what words came to mind. Smile

Guess sigforum members were not on the call list or Twatwaffle would be number one....

Posts: 23706 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
This is interesting. Big Grin

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8553 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
What seems to be overlooked is that the Secretary of State is one of just a handful of people who has the authority and responsibility to classify the secrecy level of communications.

Whether communications were, or were not, classified when she received or sent them from her private server is irrelevant. What matters is the content and whether or not they should have been classified.

Posts: 13347 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08...ic-leaders.html?_r=0

John Morgan, a trial lawyer and Clinton donor:

"Where is Terry McAuliffe? I want to see Terry McAuliffe come out, take off the gloves and explain this to America.”

I would like McAuliffe to come out hard for Hillary over her email situation. It will help clarify what a liar he is too.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08...ic-leaders.html?_r=0

John Morgan, a trial lawyer and Clinton donor:

"Where is Terry McAuliffe? I want to see Terry McAuliffe come out, take off the gloves and explain this to America.”

I would like McAuliffe to come out hard for Hillary over her email situation. It will help clarify what a liar he is too.

Mcauliffe is Governor of Virginia, most recently on the news wailing that he was forced to veto all those gun bills this idiots in the legislature passed, to allow machine guns, carry loaded shotguns and other hideous things, and moaning that he wanted a bill to keep guns out of the hands of citizens.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
McAuliffe's problem would be that Virginia has many federal workers with clearances. They know the rules.

Hillary gets away with nonsense statements because most people do not appreciate how ridiculous her security nuances are

adding: to drive that point home - can you imagine Hillary giving her standard talking points to an audience at the Pentagon ?

"Well nothing was marked classified"

"It was okay to do my job as Sec State on my personal email server"

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Mcauliffe is Governor of Virginia, most recently on the news wailing that he was forced to veto all those gun bills this idiots in the legislature passed, to allow machine guns, carry loaded shotguns and other hideous things, and moaning that he wanted a bill to keep guns out of the hands of citizens.

MacAwful is to stupid to read the bills he vetoed.

Machine guns are legal in Virginia. Registered with the State Police yes, but LEGAL. Has been since 1935. The bill he vetoed? Required CLEOs to sign forms 1 and 4 ("shall sign NFA").

The loaded shotguns in cars, IIRC, was to give armed security guards and people with concealed handgun permits, the ability to carry a loaded shotgun in the passenger compartment. If they already carry a loaded (I hope) handgun in the passenger compartment. why not a secured shotgun?

Bottom line is the man is an ideologue. Any idea on guns, except to total uncompensated confiscation, is automatically the spawn of Satan.

As for Blithery, she is doing everything she can to NOT get elected. Yesterdays statement:

quote:
Foxnews.com

The Republican Party called on Hillary Clinton to apologize Thursday after she compared GOP candidates to terrorists during an Ohio campaign stop.

< snip >

"Now, extreme views about women, we expect that from some of the terrorist groups. We expect that from people who don't want to live in the modern world. But it's a little hard to take coming from Republicans who want to be the president of the United States," Clinton said...

< snip >

"For Hillary Clinton to equate her political opponents to terrorists is a new low for her flailing campaign. She should apologize immediately for her inflammatory rhetoric," RNC Press Secretary Allison Moore said in a statement.

< ROSAL >

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31523 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Huma Abedin is someone whom I dislike more and more.

http://hotair.com/archives/201...ate-time-facilities/

The continued release of e-mails from Hillary Clinton’s secret e-mail server may land her closest aide in legal trouble sooner than her boss.

Senate Judiciary chair Chuck Grassley had already begun probing the unusual arrangement that allowed Huma Abedin to work for both the State Department and Teneo simultaneously, as well as Abedin’s claims of never having taken a vacation or sick day while at State.

Abedin has responded by publicly rebuking Grassley for “damaging her reputation,” a claim that provoked plenty of derision related to her spouse and his own damaging antics.

"damaging her reputation" - her husband is Anthony Weiner!

never took a day of leave and then cashed in that leave when she left State Dept hmmmm

Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, questioned whether Huma Abedin’s status as a Special Government Employee (SGE), which enabled her to hold four positions simultaneously, created conflicts of interest.

From Wiki:
Abedin has worked for Hillary since 1996.

she served as Deputy Chief of Staff to Clinton in the State Department, under a "special government employee" arrangement, while also being employed at the Teneo consulting firm, and as a paid consultant for the Clinton Foundation.

In 2013 she served as director of the transition team that helped Clinton return to private life

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24231 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5767 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Amateur Astronomer
Picture of Test1968
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:

GOOD ONE!

Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms