SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I have said repeatedly that I did not send nor receive classified material....

Notice the shift within the same statement.
quote:
....but it doesn't change the fact that I did not send or receive material marked classified."

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24278 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

quote:
....but it doesn't change the fact that I did not send or receive material marked classified."

Depends on what the definition of OR is.

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Hillary Clinton is not a stupid woman.
Her downfall will be the arrogance of assuming the rest of us are stupid.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24278 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

quote:

Depends on what the definition of OR is.

Depends on the definition of "I".

Posts: 11174 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4936 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the same TOP MEN that worked on the IRS & EPA emails.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Oh, dear. We're going to lose yet another server, aren't we?

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
An FBI "A-team" is leading the "extremely serious" investigation into Hillary Clinton's server and the focus includes a provision of the law pertaining to "gathering, transmitting or losing defense information," an intelligence source told Fox News.

Let's see. The "A" team, appointed by who, again? Oh, yeah. the attorney general appointed by the GDCAIC. Does anyone really believe that there is not evidence to be found that the whitehouse has not/in not doing the same crap? If the "A" team digs too deep they might discover that, too.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25648 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's see. The "A" team, appointed by who, again? Oh, yeah. the attorney general appointed by the GDCAIC.

The difference this time round is that HUSSEIN/Holder is not holding them back, but rather urging them forward.

quote:
If the "A" team digs too deep they might discover that, too.

I believe they've been instructed on how far to dig.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
‘Hillary for Prison’ signs keep getting stolen in the Hamptons

http://nypost.com/2015/08/30/h...len-in-the-hamptons/

Andy Sabin’s first “Hillary for Prison 2016” signs lasted little more than a day before they were stolen from in front of his Amagansett home last week. So Sabin took steps to make sure the placards were secure.

Sabin put up his signs Monday morning. He took them in that night, but when they went back up Tuesday, trouble followed: One was stolen that morning, the other was gone by 4 p.m.

The red, blue and white signs now sit atop a pair of 12-foot poles behind an electric fence with yellow warning signs. A surveillance camera keeps watch.

One of the local left-wingers is Clinton herself. She and her husband Bill are vacationing in Amagansett this summer.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ I like this guy Big Grin

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
‘Hillary for Prison’ signs keep getting stolen in the Hamptons

Andy Sabin’s first “Hillary for Prison 2016” signs lasted little more than a day before they were stolen from in front of his Amagansett home last week. So Sabin took steps to make sure the placards were secure.

Sabin put up his signs Monday morning. He took them in that night, but when they went back up Tuesday, trouble followed: One was stolen that morning, the other was gone by 4 p.m.

The red, blue and white signs now sit atop a pair of 12-foot poles behind an electric fence with yellow warning signs. A surveillance camera keeps watch.

One of the local left-wingers is Clinton herself. She and her husband Bill are vacationing in Amagansett this summer.

Talk about being behind enemy lines!

He better watch his back.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20344 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
The daily revelations over classified information finding its way onto Hillary Clinton's personal email server are raising perplexing questions for former government officials who wonder how classified information made its way onto the former secretary of state's non-classified server -- especially since the two systems are not connected.

"It is hard to move classified documents into the non-classified system. You couldn't move a document by mistake," said Willes Lee, a former operations officer for the U.S. Army in Europe and former operations officer for the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

State Department spokesman Alec Gerlach confirmed the two systems don't connect. "The classified and unclassified system are separate and you cannot email between the two," Gerlach told Fox News.

The Clinton campaign adamantly denies any emails traversing Clinton's homebrew server were marked classified at the time. The intelligence community inspector general says "potentially hundreds" of classified emails may be in the mix, but acknowledges at least some were not properly marked.

So if the Clinton denial is to be believed, individuals in her inner circle would have simply typed or scanned classified information into a non-classified system without regard for its contents. In this case, emails would have started in, and stayed in, the unclassified system -- albeit improperly, based on the findings of the intelligence inspector general.

But if it turns out emails literally jumped from the classified to the non-classified system -- something the State Department claims cannot happen -- it would seem to point to Clinton's staff going to great lengths to create a work-around to do so.

A government employee doing so would commit numerous felonies, according to Bradford Higgins, who served as assistant secretary of state for resource management and chief financial officer from 2006-2009. "A violation, in addition to criminal charges and potential prosecution, would likely mean that person who committed the breach would never again be given a security clearance," Higgins said.

The State Department has indicated it sees no evidence of this criminal scenario. Classified documents are supposed to be marked, and State Department spokesman John Kirby told reporters at an Aug. 13 briefing "we have no indications" any classification markings were stripped. Clinton's defense has been that the emails in question were later deemed classified, after they traversed her server.

But Higgins is skeptical.

"Emails don't change from unclassified to classified. The originator of the email decides the classification before it is sent out based on basic protocols, not subsequent readers," Higgins said. "I believe it would be highly unusual for an unclassified email to later become classified."

Regardless of how it happened, Lee faulted Clinton and her staff.

"It is not as if Hillary Clinton and her staff do not know the rules and the law," he said.

"I think what it is going to come down to is very sloppy, unprofessional procedures," said Steven Bucci, assistant to former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and deputy assistant secretary of defense who is now at The Heritage Foundation.

While government watchdogs looking into the Clinton emails say classified material was improperly sent or received, so far they have not publicly alleged that emails jumped between systems.

I. Charles McCullough, III, inspector general of the intelligence community, and Steve Linick, inspector general for the Department of State, said in a July 24 statement that of 40 emails the State Department allowed them to review in an audit, four contained intelligence community-derived information that remains classified today. But the information did not contain classified markings or dissemination controls, they said.

They said: "This information should never have been transmitted via an unclassified personal system."

McCullough said, though, that "we were informed by State FOIA officials that there are potentially hundreds of classified emails within approximately 30,000 provided by Secretary Clinton."

He reiterated that while emails they saw were not marked as such, some should have been "handled as classified, appropriately marked, and transmitted via a secured network."

One of the emails that sparked the FBI probe was sent in April 2011 from Clinton aide Huma Abedin and covered intelligence from three agencies, Fox News first reported. Other emails that contained classified information came from diplomats with confidential material, according to the AP.

Pro-Clinton super PAC Correct the Record, which maintained Clinton's use of personal email followed the precedent of other secretaries of state and she did not violate any laws, said in a recent statement that government agencies often classify information differently from each other and that "government agencies also are notorious for over-classifying material."

Another security concern is Clinton attorney David Kendall's possession of thumb drives, which he recently gave the FBI.

The State Department would not provide details on the documents given to Kendall. "Removable drives need to be approved," Gerlach said, adding that he cannot get into specific security requirements.

Clinton and her staff may have had the ability to use thumb drives, but that would be unusual at the State Department, and it also defeats the purpose of a top secret computer, a classified printer, or what's known as a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF), Higgins said.

A SCIF is a room or building where classified material can be reviewed, designed and built so nothing electronic can go in or out except over secured lines.

Higgins noted other differences in how classified and non-classified systems are handled. "At State, your classified hard drive sits in your safe and only comes out for occasional use and must be returned to the safe before you leave at night," he said. "Even printing out top-secret needs a top-secret printer, which is carefully monitored."

He added, "As I recall at State, classified computers didn't have ports for thumb drives to download secret info."

The security implication is clear, he said: "Everything on her server has been compromised."

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...system/?intcmp=hpbt1

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Another 150 classified emails found in the batch released today....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...heduled-tonight.html

The State Department said Monday afternoon that when it releases the latest tranche of Hillary Clinton's emails tonight, 'somewhere around 150' of them will have been 'upgraded to classified' status.

Agency spokesman Mark Toner briefed reporters in advance of the periodic release, which was rescheduled twice during the day and is now expected at 9:00 p.m. EDT.
Under intense questioning, Toner conceded that the review of about 7,000 pages of emails in the latest batch has uncovered the 150 communications 'that have been subsequently upgraded classified.'
He emphasized that 'the information we've upgraded was not marked classified at the time the emails were sent.' But Toner seemed to hedge his bets against future decision-making inside the U.S. Intelligence Community.
'That's our estimation right now,' said Toner.

But 'we have upgraded some – a number of these,' Toner said, signaling that former Secretary of State Clinton will face a new round of criticism over her decision to commingle those sensitive communications with her personal emails during her four years in office.
All the messages, including the 63 retroactively classified emails released in past months, resided on a private home-brew email server that she controlled, away from the prying eyes of government inspectors and Freedom Of Information Act officials, at her Chappaqua, New York home.
Toner also said he did not know of any cases of emails that were already released undergoing another round of scrutiny with an eye toward identifying more classified documents.
'That's not our belief,' he said. 'We stand by what's been released.'
The Associated Press reported that all of the newly classified material in the latest batch was upgraded to 'confidential,' not to the higher 'top secret' level that applied to two emails identified a month ago.
Clinton said last week in Ankeny, Iowa during a presidential campaign stop that using a single self-monitored email account for both her personal and official communications was in retrospect a mistake.
She insisted, though, that it was legal and fell within the bounds of departmental policy.

'My use of personal email was allowed by the State Department. It clearly wasn’t the best choice,' Clinton told reporters.
'I should've used two emails: one personal, one for work. And I take responsibility for that decision, and I want to be as transparent as possible.'
Toner said that combined with earlier releases in May, June and July, Monday's document-dump will bring the State Department more than one-quarter of the way toward releasing the 55,000 pages of emails Clinton handed over late last year.
Lost, however, are a similar number – amounting to more than 30,000 messages – that Clinton ordered deleted. She first said in March that those messages were all 'personal' in nature.
On Monday, Toner insisted that the entire State Department lives daily with the grave responsibility for safeguarding classified information, and that includes the agency's senior leadership.
Asked about a section of the Foreign Affairs Manual in effect during Clinton's tenure which spelled out the rules for handling intelligence from foreign sources, he insisted that 'we, from the secretary on down, take the handling of classified materials and the rules surrounding those ... seriously.
'We're all bound by –' he began to say, before rephrasing his answer.
'How we treat classified information is, as I said, an important component of the work we do.'

But asked moments later if he could state 'categorically' that Clinton 'followed the rules and the law,' Toner refused to take the bait.
'I'm just not going to answer that question,' he said. 'It's not our goal, it's not our function in this regard, in releasing these emails.'
'Our goal and our sole purpose when we look at these emails is to decide ... whether any of that material needs to be redacted and subsequently classified.'
Pressed further to pass judgment on Clinton's actions, Toner emphasized that 'there are other reviews underway.
'And that's really for the inspector general and other entities that are out there looking at these broader questions,' he said.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Agency spokesman Mark Toner briefed reporters in advance of the periodic release, which was rescheduled twice during the day and is now expected at 9:00 p.m. EDT.

Is the New York Times calling on a posse to read these emails like they did with Sarah Palin?
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes...alin-e-mail-records/

LOL, we all know the answer to that. They portray her insipid inability to operate a fax machine or drive a vehicle as 'quaint grandmother' Hillary while simultaneously trying to portray her as the smartest woman in the world.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I am not sure of the implications in this report. They seem to be questioning where the server actually was during the 2009 to 2013 period.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...-clinton-foundation/

Hillary Clinton’s private email server was housed at the same physical location and on the same network as an email server used and operated by the Clinton Foundation, Breitbart News has exclusively learned.

Records reveal that Hillary Clinton’s private clintonemail.com server shared an IP address with her husband Bill Clinton’s email server, presidentclinton.com, and both servers were housed in New York City, not in the basement of the Clintons’ Chappaqua, New York home.

Web archives show that the Presidentclinton.com Web address was being operated by the Clinton Foundation as of 2009, when Hillary Clinton registered her own clintonemail.com server.

Numerous Clinton Foundation employees used the presidentclinton.com server for their own email addresses, which means that they were using email accounts that, if hacked, would have given any hacker complete access to Hillary Clinton’s State Department emails, as well.

Hillary’s clintonemail.com server and the Foundation-run presidentclinton.com email server have exactly the same IP address, and the same SSL certificate (which an organization purchases for an email server to verify its trustworthiness).

mail.clintonemail.com and mail.presidentclinton.com both have an IP address of 64.94.172.146, according to an SSL Certificate Checker.

The two servers both have that same IP address, 64.94.172.146, according to DNS records. (Here are records for Hillary’s server, and here are records for Bill’s server).

Both servers have the same IP address, according to another independent Internet records database, robtex.net.

The fact that both of these email servers have the same IP address means that they were operating on the same network, and sharing physical space. A computer expert tells Breitbart News that the servers were probably operating on the same machine. It is also possible that they were operating on different machines on the same network, which still means that the machines would have to be close enough to exist in the same physical location.

President Clinton’s server was created in 2002, while Hillary’s was created in 2009, which means that Hillary’s server was simply added to Bill’s Foundation-run server network.

A geographical search for the IP address that both servers shared at registration traces to Midtown Manhattan, according to three different databases: infosniper.net, which locates a Midtown latitude/longitude point, ip-tracker.org, which also gives a Midtown latitude/longitude point, and whatsmyip.org.

Clinton Foundation headquarters are currently located at 1271 6th Avenue in Midtown. Bill Clinton’s office is at 55 West 125th Street

The Denver-based firm Platte River Networks told Breitbart News that it physically moved Hillary Clinton’s private email server out of the basement of her Chappaqua home in 2013. But the Clintons could have moved the server from Manhattan to Chappaqua before Platte River got there.

This is getting crazy

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am not sure of the implications in this report.

Physical location = proximity to Bill's server = same IP address = accessibility of Hill's State emails to hackers. The period of time in which the two servers were in physical proximity therefore = the period of time in which Hill's server was known to be extremely vulnerable to hacking - even more so, apparently, than after it had been moved to Chappaqua.

That period of time - and Hillary's failure to mention it - therefore become live issues in the greater controversy. And, naturally, any misrepresentations or obfuscations about it become new brushfires that Hill has to put out. Assuming, of course, that she can and that the misrepresentations or obfuscations don't become political or legal liabilities for her.

Now, here's where I start giggling evilly (yes, it can be done). If Hill's server may have been hacked through Bill's server via email accounts used by Bill's flunkies, doesn't that mean that all of Bill's flunkies, as well as all of their emails and computers, are now part of the investigation?

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
So the Wicked Witch of Chappaqua set up a private server so she'd only need one device....

quote:
Fox News reported in March that Hillary had requested the use of an iPad early in her tenure as secretary of state. However, security and investigative sources told Fox News in March that the device had not been certified as "secure" by the department's technical experts. However, an investigative source told Fox News that Clinton used the device despite the decision.
Clinton has previously said she used the private server so she would not inconvenience herself by carrying separate devices for work and personal communications wherever she went. However, her use of the iPad as well as her State Department BlackBerry would appear to undercut her defense that she only wanted to use one device at a time.

Oppsie.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31556 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Lovin' the P7
Picture of Tim335
posted Hide Post
I have not seen this point discussed, but something just occurred to me. Regardless of how secure the server was or what was classified or not, wasn't it a security breach to have a third party maintain the server? I would doubt that the third party techs had security clearance. That just seems to be another nail...

Posts: 3428 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: August 08, 2007Report This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Let's see. The "A" team, appointed by who, again? Oh, yeah. the attorney general appointed by the GDCAIC.

The difference this time round is that HUSSEIN/Holder is not holding them back, but rather urging them forward.

quote:
If the "A" team digs too deep they might discover that, too.

I believe they've been instructed on how far to dig.

Posts: 3573 | Registered: February 25, 2010Report This Post