SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
On another site I saw this comment about Biden's campaign message:

"When times are hard, vote the 'tard"

There are many words that fit that last fragment, all of which are appropos.

Bastard
Fucktard
Mustard
Petard

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31578 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Here is an example of what a presidential candidate doesn't want published about them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...l-hopeful-couch.html

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31433 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Here is an example of what a presidential candidate doesn't want published about them.

quote:
When Hillary's mom threatened to leave her father the broad-shouldered man bellowed: 'Don't let the doorknob hit you in the a** on your way out.'

So say we all, Hillary.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

Is it a Huma interst story?

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31578 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by INV136:
The FBI investigation should probably take a few months. Then it's up to Obama whether he'll allow Lynch to prosecute Hillary. Since he doesn't really have any affinity for the Clintons, he just might allow the prosecution to go forward. On the other hand, the leaders of the democrat party may sway him to kill any prosecution to save the party from further public embarrassment and allow her to quietly withdraw from the race. She really needs to go to prison, but, that decision is up to Obama whether she'll ever be charged. Of course he could just pardon her.

I am convinced that this harpy has the goods on so many other professional politicraPs, that she will never be prosecuted.

That technique has been in play for decades in virtually every level of political activity.

Look what happened to nasty pelozi when she admitted insider trading, but justified it with the statement, "but the house has rules that allow it!" So house rules trump the law.

In any sane society she, and every other one of them that pulled that crap would be wearing bright orange jump suits. preferably while making gravel out of great big rocks.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25651 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by INV136:
The FBI investigation should probably take a few months. Then it's up to Obama whether he'll allow Lynch to prosecute Hillary. Since he doesn't really have any affinity for the Clintons, he just might allow the prosecution to go forward. On the other hand, the leaders of the democrat party may sway him to kill any prosecution to save the party from further public embarrassment and allow her to quietly withdraw from the race. She really needs to go to prison, but, that decision is up to Obama whether she'll ever be charged. Of course he could just pardon her.

I am convinced that this harpy has the goods on so many other professional politicraPs, that she will never be prosecuted.

That technique has been in play for decades in virtually every level of political activity.

Look what happened to nasty pelozi when she admitted insider trading, but justified it with the statement, "but the house has rules that allow it!" So house rules trump the law.

In any sane society she, and every other one of them that pulled that crap would be wearing bright orange jump suits. preferably while making gravel out of great big rocks.

Pelosi was actually right. Congressmen are not covered in the law because they do not have non-public corporate info, ordinarily, but do have information about legislation in the works. That's not covered in the law, last I knew.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Foxnews.com: US Ambassador to Japan and senior embassy staff also used personal email accounts for official business.

Ambassador Caroline Kennedy and senior staff at the U.S. embassy in Japan used personal email accounts for official business, an internal watchdog report said Tuesday -- making Kennedy the latest Obama administration official to run afoul of email security guidelines.

The State Department’s Office of Inspector General (OIG) report said it received reports concerning the use of private email accounts for official business, and identified instances where emails labeled "sensitive but unclassified" were sent from or received by personal email accounts.

“On the basis of these reports, OIG’s Office of Evaluations and Special Projects conducted a review and confirmed that senior embassy staff, including the Ambassador, used personal email accounts to send and receive messages containing official business. In addition, OIG identified instances where emails labeled Sensitive but Unclassified were sent from, or received by, personal email accounts," the report said.

< snip >

The report also noted the economic section of the embassy – which works closely with the United States Trade Representative on the Trans-Pacific Partnership – was not maintaining centralized files, and the embassy has not enforced department or federal regulations on managing records.

“Officers have individual files based on their own filing systems, located in personal folders on a shared drive and in Microsoft Outlook email personal folders. These files are not accessible to anyone else and are not archived, retired, or retrievable,” the report said.

< ROSAL >

I swear, its like these people are begging for a beating.

In all the years I had work-provided, including .gov and .mil, email accounts, I cannot recall used my personal account for business.

I will admit to using my work accounts for private business, like arranging getting the child after school when the afternoon went sideways, but never the other way.

Nice is overrated

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Its the "See...??? Everyone does it" defense.

Nothing to see here...just politics.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
Its the "See...??? Everyone does it" defense.

Nothing to see here...just politics.

The more of these private emails being used by other officials crop up the better it makes Hillary feel. Now she's not isolated with the bright light just shining on her. Misery loves company.

I still say none of this sticks to her and I give her a better than 50/50 chance of still getting the nomination.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8557 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2570763

Hillary Clinton's classified emails contain discussions of conversations with foreign diplomats, issues with embassy security and relations with countries from Russia to China.

The broad range of information that was deemed classified by the State Department — just within the emails published by the agency to date —underscores concerns that sensitive material was routinely mishandled on Clinton's private email server.

For example, Huma Abedin, Clinton's former deputy chief of staff, forwarded a summary of a high-level Sept. 2009 meeting to Clinton in which she detailed the "embassy security issues" that were discussed.

The issues had been raised by Eric Boswell, a diplomatic security official who was later forced to resign in the wake of the 2012 terror attack in Benghazi.

Abedin was frequently involved in the transmission of classified information to Clinton, emails show.

Cheryl Mills, Clinton's former chief of staff, and Jake Sullivan, former director of policy planning, also routinely sent or received classified emails from the secretary of state.

Despite her campaign's claims that Clinton was simply a "passive recipient" of classified information, a review of her emails indicates she wrote messages that are now classified.

For example, in July 2009, she discussed relations with Russia and Afghanistan with then-Deputy Secretary William Burns in an email that has been partially classified. She also discussed her travel plans with Burns over the private network.

Some emails indicate foreign leaders may have been aware of the private email system Clinton had established.

In November 2009, an aide to David Miliband, Clinton's British counterpart, sent from his "home account" a classified note from Miliband to Abedin in the hopes of it reaching Clinton's eyes only.

Abedin later passed the note to Clinton and indicated it was information Miliband "doesn't want to send through the system."

Clinton has admitted Abedin had a private account on the server now in FBI custody. Abedin has yet to hand over most of her official communications from her time at the State Department.

Abedin, Mills and Sullivan are each slated to appear before the House Select Committee on Benghazi for their role in the agency's handling of the attack. Mills and Sullivan will meet with the committee Sept. 3 and 4.

Huma Abedin, Cheryl Mills and Jake Sullivan are key players in this security fiasco.

Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
If I were the official in charge of classified material in the Intel world, all of them would see their clearance to see classified material from my agency permanently revoked.
quote:
FOXnews.com: one Clinton email released to the public contains TS info from DIA, NRO, and NSA
< snip >
One of the two emails that sparked the FBI probe was an April 2011 email from Clinton confidant Huma Abedin that, Fox News has learned, contained intelligence from the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), the National Security Agency (NSA), and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), which oversees aerial imagery, including satellites.

Despite this fact and despite the executive order, the State Department publicly released the email and its intelligence -- which was not theirs to declassify -- onto its website in May as part of the initial release of documents on the 2012 Benghazi attack.

Fox News is told that in late spring, all three agencies confirmed to the intelligence community inspector general that the intelligence was classified when it was sent four years ago by Abedin to Clinton's private account, and remains classified to this day.
< snip >

I have an image of Abedin sitting at her State Department issued SIPRNET terminal hand jamming TS/SCI data into her iPhone email app and launching the missive off to Hilli's unsecured already hacked basement server, and from there to Hilli's equaly insecure Blackberry. All the way, people are tapped in and reading intel that divulges sources and methods.

Fucking arrogant.....

Nice is overrated

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Thus report is from March 2015.

It says that Hillary Clinton used a spam filtering service that reviewed all of her incoming email before it went to her server.

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/201...n-classified-emails/

Not often do we break news on Dvorak News but today we do. Hillary Clinton used a spam filtering service MxLogic to filter her spam and viruses. What this means is – employees at MxLogic, now owned by McAfee – had full access to all her classified state department email in unencrypted form.

Here’s the MX records for clintonemail.com.

clintonemail.com. 7200 IN MX 10 clintonemail.com.inbound10.mxlogicmx.net.
clintonemail.com. 7200 IN MX 10 clintonemail.com.inbound10.mxlogic.net.

I’m Marc Perkel – I’m an email expert and I run a competing spam filtering service Junk Email Filter. (yes – I’m jealous) So I know how email system work. Email from the Internet is routed by DNS records called MX records what are used to look up where to deliver email destined for a recipient. When someone uses a Spam Filtering service they point their MX records to that service and all email for that domain goes to the spam filtering service first – they clean it – and forward the good email on to the recipient server which is secret to the world.

Internet —–> MxLogic ——> Hillary’s Server

What this means is that when Obama or anyone in the State Department emailed Hillary, the email went to MxLogic. It was then decrypted, checked for spam and viruses, and then reencrypted and sent over the open internet to Hillary’s server. While it was at MxLogic it could be read, tapped, archived, or forwarded to anyone in the world without anyone knowing.

adding: The way Clinton released some of the emails in hardcopy and then wiped the server, she may have been hiding other security faults such as the spam filter.

They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

I have an image of Abedin sitting at her State Department issued SIPRNET terminal hand jamming TS/SCI data into her iPhone email app and launching the missive off to Hilli's unsecured already hacked basement server, and from there to Hilli's equaly insecure Blackberry. All the way, people are tapped in and reading intel that divulges sources and methods.

Fucking arrogant.....

If Huma is typing TS/SCI from a SIPR machine, there is more than one problem here.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Fucking arrogant.....

If Huma is typing TS/SCI from a SIPR machine, there is more than one problem here.

Well they were sending it over unclassified, non .gov systems, so SIPR'd be a slight improvement.

Nice is overrated

Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

It says that Hillary Clinton used a spam filtering service that reviewed all of her incoming email before it went to her server.

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/201...n-classified-emails/

<snip>

adding: The way Clinton released some of the emails in hardcopy and then wiped the server, she may have been hiding other security faults such as the spam filter.

What FBI office swooped up the server?

They should be paying Intel, owners of MacAfee, who bought MXLogic, a professional call, preferably with a search warrant and subpeona in hand.

Why?

This post shows the Clinton system was wholly unsecured.

Nice is overrated

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Internet —–> MxLogic ——> Hillary’s Server

What this means is that when Obama or anyone in the State Department emailed Hillary, the email went to MxLogic. It was then decrypted, checked for spam and viruses, and then reencrypted and sent over the open internet to Hillary’s server.

If what he meant by "decrypted... re-encrypted" is simply using SMTP with TLS (Simple Mail Transport Protocol with Transport Layer Security) to secure the server<->server (or client<->server) connection: Nothing particularly of note, here. Not relating to the "encryption" issue, anyway.

But if what he meant was the encrypted content was decrypted and re-encrypted: That's exceedingly unlikely, for technical reasons.

(I say "exceedingly unlikely," not "impossible," because it's just possible the U.S. government protocols for content-level encryption are seriously brain-dead.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
From page 12 of this thread:

Percentage of email traffic that is on systems that have FIPS 140-2 Encryption of Email (when sending messages): State Dept 0 %

Appears State Dept did not use encrypted email. (adding: at least encryption that is to the FIPS 140-2 standard)

Also some of Clinton's closest people were sending her emails from non .gov accounts.

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
See???? Everyone was doing it!

Thats the new defense.

Huma will get the wiener before Hillary if any of this really goes south. You watch.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
From page 12 of this thread:

Percentage of email traffic that is on systems that have FIPS 140-2 Encryption of Email (when sending messages): State Dept 0 %

Appears State Dept did not use encrypted email.

That's insane. Even my little "hobby" mailserver at home supports opportunistic TLS on the SMTP port. (The client connections, both sending and receiving, are SSL/TLS only.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post