SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
This business is nothing more than a play by the administration to get her out of the race in order to pave the way for Biden. Plain and simple. The only reason this has gone so far is because she hasn’t relented. Anyone who thinks that Hillary is actually going to be indicted is out of their mind.

They’re making a play and she’s calling their bluff. And she’s right to call their bluff. If she’s held accountable for breaking the law, they’re all at risk.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
they’re all at risk.

Sounds good to me.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
This business is nothing more than a play by the administration to get her out of the race in order to pave the way for Biden. Plain and simple. The only reason this has gone so far is because she hasn’t relented. Anyone who thinks that Hillary is actually going to be indicted is out of their mind.

They’re making a play and she’s calling their bluff. And she’s right to call their bluff. If she’s held accountable for breaking the law, they’re all at risk.

What makes you, or they, think she will get out of the race?

She feels like she was cheated, hornswaggled, in 2008, and this is her last chance. Bleep Obama and the horse he rode in on. Count the votes!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:

This business is nothing more than a play by the administration to get her out of the race in order to pave the way for Biden.

That may be the outcome; however, I don't think it was planned that way.

The Obama Administration did not discoverer the clintonmail.com domain, the unsecured, wandering, amnesic server, the unmarked yet classified content of messages and attachments, or the effort by HRC and her minions to cover up what may be a spillage of highly classified information.

The people finding this stuff include:

- The Select Committee on Benghazi (SCB) led by Congressman Gowdy (who served HRC et al subpoenas for all email from clintonmail.com)

- The State Department (they released classified, but unmarked information to the CSB)

- The FBI, (investigating the spillage, plus violations of records keeping laws)

- Inspector Generals' offices at CIA, DIA, DNI, NRO, NSA, DOS, and EIEIO (investigating how Clinton and her minions released information they classified)

- Judicial Watch (who has been demanding documents, suing to get them, and winnning)

- At least one hacker (he found the clintonmail.com domain via Sydney Bloomenidiot's email, then found the web filtering firm in the middle of the data transfer).

At no time has the Obama Administration been forthcoming or helpful to those attempting to unravel this Gordian knot.

Not that this is a surprise; the Obama Administration's SOP in any attempt to unravel a scandal is act dumb, accuse, confuse, counter-accuse, decline, delay, deny, hide, libel, obfuscate, prevaricate, rebuke, reject, repudiate, and slander-anything but answer the question.

That said, they are opportunistic enough to use the mess HRC and crew got themselves into to sink her, hopefully once and for all.

The bottom line is HRC did the whole private email thing to avoid any chance of people learning the extent of her blackmailing and strong arming of leaders in business and government into "donating" to the Clinton's private fortune. err, strike that, the Clinton's charitable foundation for the chillens.

If you believe the missing 30.000 email were about yoga pants, you are stupid. In either the body or the attachments were big bold letters SECRET/TOP SECRET/SCI/EO/TPBR/Σ∞¥4π/NOFORN.

And they knew it, they knew they were responsible for spillage, and they knew if HRC wanted any shot at POTUS it had to be buried.

And they fucked that up too.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31560 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Hillary Clinton Now Being Investigated Under the Espionage Act

This strikes me as, um, problematic, as all the kids say.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ing-on-defense-info/

An FBI "A-team" is leading the "extremely serious" investigation into Hillary Clinton's server and the focus includes a provision of the law pertaining to "gathering, transmitting or losing defense information," an intelligence source told Fox News.

The section of the Espionage Act is known as 18 US Code 793.

A separate source, who also was not authorized to speak on the record, said the FBI will further determine whether Clinton should have known, based on the quality and detail of the material, that emails passing through her server contained classified information regardless of the markings.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24283 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
She was the damned Secretary of State for crying out loud.

Traitor.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There are very few politicians that I regard as complete and utter evil compost not worthy of any garden or lawn. Hillary Clinton and Harry Reid are those two.

edit: most are shitty. I just find these two to be the worst. And Obama, of course.

Posts: 1680 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: July 19, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/video...politicize-benghazi/

Friday at a short press conference, Democratic presidential candidate and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said she hopes her October 22, testimony regarding her wiping her email server clean while her emails were under a subpoena by chairman Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC)
’s (R-SC) Select Committee on Benghazi “will be the last effort by some in the Congress to politicize the tragic events of Benghazi.”

Sounds like she plans to confess. Smile

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Sounds like she plans to confess.

No, Abedin will commit seppuku.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31560 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
After people made jokes about her telling lies at a press conference while wearing an orange outfit, the Hil switched to noble, pure white. That's the whitest pantsuit I've ever seen, Hil!

Frankly, I think that's kind of racist. She's microaggressing me. Her oppression of my identity causes me to want to find space to...something or other. You get the idea.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108127 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The attack of the "surrogates" continues

They are really pulling out all of the stops

http://www.realclearpolitics.c...hat_isnt_127912.html

Wash Post by David Ignatius

Does Hillary Clinton have a serious legal problem because she may have transmitted classified information on her private email server? After talking with a half-dozen knowledgeable lawyers, I think this "scandal" is overstated. Using the server was a self-inflicted wound by Clinton, but it's not something a prosecutor would take to court.

"It's common" that people end up using unclassified systems to transmit classified information , says Jeffrey Smith, a former CIA general counsel who's now a partner at Arnold & Porter, where he often represents defendants who allegedly misused classified information.

"There are always these back channels," Smith explains. "It's inevitable because the classified systems are often cumbersome and lots of people have access to the classified emails or cables." People who need quick guidance about a sensitive matter often pick up the phone or send a message on an open system. They shouldn't, but they do.

"It's common knowledge that the classified communications system is impossible and isn't used," argues one former high-level Justice Department official.

Several former prosecutors say flatly that such sloppy, unauthorized practices, while technically violations of law, wouldn't normally lead to criminal cases.

Clinton's use of a private email server while she was secretary of state has been a nagging campaign issue for months. Critics have argued that the most serious problem is possible transmission of classified information through that server.

Many of her former top aides have sought legal counsel. But experts in national-security law say there may be less here than it might appear.

First, experts say, there's no legal difference whether Clinton and her aides passed sensitive information using her private server or the official "state.gov" account that many now argue should have been used.

Neither system is authorized for transmitting classified information. Second, prosecution of such violations is extremely rare. Lax security procedures are taken seriously, but they're generally seen as administrative matters .

This is pure propaganda. Each violation is considered as to its context. It is possible that a single violation of lower level material that was not widely spread and appears to be "contained", might result in some sort of adverse letter in a personnel jacket.

But if the violations involve higher levels of material or numerous instances, the person will likely be fired and the clearance pulled.

Given that the present discussion is about some TS/SCI material and possibly hundreds of other documents, on a private system where incoming emails were first viewed by a commercial spam filter company, Mr Ignatius is full of shit.

adding: for any "normal" type person, the fact that someone would lie repeatedly and try to deceive would also move up to higher degrees of punishment.

Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
First, experts say, there's no legal difference whether Clinton and her aides passed sensitive information using her private server or the official "state.gov" account that many now argue should have been used.

This is actually true. Each is still an unclassified network, and not cleared for classified material.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Dom,

Yes it is a violation to pass classified material on both an unclassified .gov account and on a private account/server.

but there would be very significant differences between those 2 cases

The .gov account is controlled and monitored by a govt established system of control and security. In most applications the people w .gov accounts (in this type scenario) have clearances.

The use of the private email and server involved people w/o clearances. Platte River is just one example.

Also a .gov server would have backups. Imagine that.

An individual could not make 30,000 emails disappear on a .gov. (ok, the IRS can. that is true)

Some, but not all, .gov unclass email systems are surveyed / scanned looking for possible issues.

The example of the commercial spam company (w/o clearance) would not happen w a .gov.

Probably more, but the point is there are significant differences re security from .gov to private server, which leads to "legal differences".

The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's the whitest pantsuit I've ever seen, Hil!

White Pantsuits Matter (WPM) Imma start me a movement!

Posts: 10772 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Report This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
Distinctions without difference. The mishandling of classified material is a crime independent of the network used. The safe guards you reference don't stop the transmission of classified material; the things likely originated from .gov servers.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
The queen says that you are allowed only one question, peon!

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb7X-xW8LRg

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Now that Trump has been talking back to and controlling reporters, everybody has to do it.

It may be a tough few years for reporters if this keeps up.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:
That's the whitest pantsuit I've ever seen, Hil!

White Pantsuits Matter (WPM) Imma start me a movement!

Maybe she is sending a message...or more hopefully this is a foreshadowing....

Look it up. Big Grin

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
FBI's "A-Team" leading "serious" Clinton server probe, focusing on defense info...

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...e-info/?intcmp=hpbt1

An FBI "A-team" is leading the "extremely serious" investigation into Hillary Clinton's server and the focus includes a provision of the law pertaining to "gathering, transmitting or losing defense information," an intelligence source told Fox News.

The section of the Espionage Act is known as 18 US Code 793.

A separate source, who also was not authorized to speak on the record, said the FBI will further determine whether Clinton should have known, based on the quality and detail of the material, that emails passing through her server contained classified information regardless of the markings. The campaign's standard defense and that of Clinton is that she "never sent nor received any email that was marked classified" at the time.

It is not clear how the FBI team's findings will impact the probe itself. But the details offer a window into what investigators are looking for -- as the Clinton campaign itself downplays the controversy.

The FBI offered no comment.

A leading national security attorney, who recently defended former CIA officer Jeffrey Sterling in a leak investigation, told Fox News that violating the Espionage Act provision in question is a felony and pointed to a particular sub-section.

"Under [sub-section] F, the documents relate to the national defense, meaning very closely held information," attorney Edward MacMahon Jr. explained. "Somebody in the government, with a clearance and need to know, then delivered the information to someone not entitled to receive it, or otherwise moved it from where it was supposed to be lawfully held."

Additional federal regulations, reviewed by Fox News, also bring fresh scrutiny to Clinton's defense.

The Code of Federal Regulations, or "CFR," states: "Any person who has knowledge that classified information has been or may have been lost, possibly compromised or disclosed to an unauthorized person(s) shall immediately report the circumstances to an official designated for this purpose."

A government legal source confirmed the regulations apply to all government employees holding a clearance, and the rules do not make the "send" or "receive" distinction.

Rather, all clearances holders have an affirmative obligation to report the possible compromise of classified information or use of unsecured data systems.

Current and former intelligence officers say the application of these federal regulations is very straightforward.

"Regardless of whether Mrs. Clinton sent or received this information, the obligations under the law are that she had to report any questions concerning this material being classified," said Chris Farrell, a former Army counterintelligence officer who is now an investigator with Judicial Watch. "There is no wiggle room. There is no ability to go around it and say I passively received something -- that's not an excuse."

The regulations also state there is an obligation to meet "safeguarding requirements prescribed by the agency." Based on the regulations, the decision to use a personal email network and server for government business -- and provide copies to Clinton attorney David Kendall -- appear to be violations. According to a letter from Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, Kendall and his associate did not have sufficient security clearances to hold TS/SCI (Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information) contained in two emails. Earlier this month, the FBI took physical custody of the server and thumb drives.

Fox News was first to report, Aug. 19, that two emails -- from aides Huma Abedin and Jake Sullivan -- with classified information kick-started the FBI probe, a point not disputed by the Clinton campaign.

The CFR also require a damage assessment once a possible compromise has been identified "to conduct an inquiry/investigation of a loss, possible compromise or unauthorized disclosure of classified information."

Farrell said, "There is no evidence there has been any assessment of Mrs. Clinton and her outlaw server."

Citing the ongoing investigation, a State Department spokesman had no comment, but did confirm that Clinton's immediate staff received regular training on classification issues.

Clinton told reporters Friday that she remains confident no violations were committed.

"I have said repeatedly that I did not send nor receive classified material and I'm very confident that when this entire process plays out that will be understood by everyone," she said. "It will prove what I have been saying and it's not possible for people to look back now some years in the past and draw different conclusions than the ones that were at work at the time. You can make different decisions because things have changed, circumstances have changed, but it doesn't change the fact that I did not send or receive material marked classified."

The Clinton campaign did not provide an on-the-record comment on the matter when given questions by Fox News.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
FBI's "A-Team"...
Pity the foo...

Posts: 108127 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post