SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
"Just Send It!"

This seems like the most damning email so far seen.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24614 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Platte River and its employees did not have clearances.

It is still vague exactly what Platte River did, when they did it, and where they did it.

Platte River says they were never told the server contained classified material. Assuming some sort of contract was established between HC and Platte River, that contract would have had to state that classified material was involved.

If the contract did not mention classified then Platte River has an argument that they were not properly informed. (If indeed classified was on the server)

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim335:
I have not seen this point discussed, but something just occurred to me. Regardless of how secure the server was or what was classified or not, wasn't it a security breach to have a third party maintain the server? I would doubt that the third party techs had security clearance. That just seems to be another nail...

Her lawyer gave up the unsecure thumb drive with classified email for that very reason.

This is a scandal of epic proportions, and will be the death of 1,000 cuts as it plays out.

The Sullivan email exchange is interesting in that it speaks of former Organization of American States Secretary General Insulza
The Republicans hated him with a passion due to his ties to Castro and Chavez. I wonder what statement was made that HRC wanted so bad, and why was it classified?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32037 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...he-account-was-hers/

some cut and paste

Hillary Clinton’s email network crashed in 2010, and the email help-desk at the State Department dismissed the problem as unimportant because they didn’t know that she used a private email address to run the nation’s foreign policy.

Clinton received a routine message from a State Department computer staffer who clearly didn’t know that HDR22@clintonemail.com was the Secretary’s email address The message had told Clinton that some of the HDR22 messages were being flagged with “fatal errors.”

Clinton forwarded the message to Abedin, asking what was going on.

“Ur email must be back up!!,” Abedin said excitedly. “What happened is judith sent you an email. It bounced back. She called the email help desk at state (I guess assuming u had state email) and told them that.

They had no idea it was YOU, just some random address so they emailed. Sorry about that. But regardless, means ur email must be back! R u getting other messages?”

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Platte River and its employees did not have clearances.

It is still vague exactly what Platte River did, when they did it, and where they did it.

Platte River says they were never told the server contained classified material. Assuming some sort of contract was established between HC and Platte River, that contract would have had to state that classified material was involved.

If the contract did not mention classified then Platte River has an argument that they were not properly informed. (If indeed classified was on the server)

It is for these very reasons that I have wondered why the FBI is ONLY investigating Hillary Clinton's server and not have open investigations on Abedin and all the other assistants HC had, other State Dept officials that would have known or should have known what she was doing, Platte River, and the other company that "may" have the other "phantom server." Instead, they are only looking at HC's server? By now they should have conducted interviews and served subpoena's on the other people that may have been involved. I know that they're waiting for the server's results and more evidence before they interview (or attempt to interview HC; she may plead the 5th), but they should be well along with many other investigative activities by now.

Posts: 2476 | Registered: January 21, 2007Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I was going to make this point yesterday but didn't have much internet time. Limbaugh is making the same point in his monologue today.

The point is this entire thing is getting boring. Nothing is happening, no one is demanding anything be done and the Republicans are quiet as bunch of church mice on this thing.

Whens the last time we heard even Trey Gowdy say anything on this? I'm not even sure why Hillary feels the need to say anything.
There are not even any accusations of wrong doing leveled against her much less even a whisper of a indictment.

The political junkies like some of us here will follow this but most of the general public is already bored because nothing is happening.
Oh boy another dump of Hillary emails! Big deal.
You are seeing the emails she wants you to see. Everything else has been deleted.
There must be nothing to it because nothing is happening. Move on nothing to see here strategy is working like it always has for the Clintons.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8623 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I know that an investigation of this magnitude will easily take several months and even then has to go up the FBI's chain of command to the Director himself because of the sensitive nature of the investigation (former DOS Sec and current candidate for POTUS). But, I don't understand why the investigation has not included the other persons/organizations that should be involved. And, if they were investigating DOS upper mgmt. officials as well as Clinton's personal assistants, and the server company, there would be subpoena's served and investigator visits. None of these things have been reported (not by FBI, but, rather by news outlets that have contacts watching for these types of activities). That is very discouraging as there are many more investigative issues that have to be resolved, not, just the server.

Posts: 2476 | Registered: January 21, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I was going to make this point yesterday but didn't have much internet time. Limbaugh is making the same point in his monologue today.

The point is this entire thing is getting boring. Nothing is happening, no one is demanding anything be done and the Republicans are quiet as bunch of church mice on this thing.

Whens the last time we heard even Trey Gowdy say anything on this? I'm not even sure why Hillary feels the need to say anything.
There are not even any accusations of wrong doing leveled against her much less even a whisper of a indictment.

The political junkies like some of us here will follow this but most of the general public is already bored because nothing is happening.
Oh boy another dump of Hillary emails! Big deal.
You are seeing the emails she wants you to see. Everything else has been deleted.
There must be nothing to it because nothing is happening. Move on nothing to see here strategy is working like it always has for the Clintons.

Later this week, there will be depositions of two Clinton aides, questioning under oath, by the committee staff. In October, Hillary will be questioned under oath.

Judicial Watch is driving them nuts with FOIA lawsuits. The FBI is combing through the e-mails and associated materials, and interviewing those involved. Those are never publicized.

Things are happening. It may be boring, but most of these procedures are.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Foot dragging is whats going on. Does Hillary even have her security clearance yanked? Huma?
Sorry. Things may be going on in the background but I'm hard pressed to convince myself that anything of significance is going to come out of it.
It will be dismissed by sloppy procedure adherence by a number of people and not just Hillary. So going forward we will make sure everyone adheres to the policies in place under severe penalty if they do not. Next time.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8623 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
If you would like to see the emails being released, here is a link.

They download as a pdf when you click on a given email.

https://foia.state.gov/search/...ection=Clinton_Email

These have her address as hrod17@clinton.com

adding: not earth shattering, but interesting emails on 9/11/2012 and 9/12/2012 on Benghazi.

See them on page 397 and 398 on the link above

Remember that Benghazi time is 6 hours later than the time on these emails

on page 395 there is an email w subj H:V GOOD INTEL INTERNAL LIBYA, SID

The email from Sid (Blumenthal ?) is marked Confidential. Seems to be rather sensitive info

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does Hillary even have her security clearance yanked?

That's a great question.

Posts: 1796 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
If you would like to see the emails being released, here is a link.

They download as a pdf when you click on a given email.

https://foia.state.gov/search/...ection=Clinton_Email

These have her address as hrod17@clinton.com

adding: not earth shattering, but interesting emails on 9/11/2012 and 9/12/2012 on Benghazi.

See them on page 397 and 398 on the link above

Remember that Benghazi time is 6 hours later than the time on these emails

on page 395 there is an email w subj H:V GOOD INTEL INTERNAL LIBYA, SID

The email from Sid (Blumenthal ?) is marked Confidential. Seems to be rather sensitive info

Any idea how to scroll on an e-nail to read more than the first page?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"Any idea how to scroll on an e-nail to read more than the first page?"

if you click on the email, it opens in pdf

put cursor on the pdf page, hit R click and select the "hand" tool.

Allows you to scroll

Alternatively, grab the R side vertical bar and pull it down

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I guess you can't do that on an iPad.

I do notice that the dates on the listing don't always jibe with the dates of the documents.

Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5912 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

Request came the same day that WikiLeaks released tens of thousands of classified State Department cables

BY: Lachlan Markay

September 1, 2015 10:55 am

On the same day that the “hacktivist” group WikiLeaks posted tens of thousands of classified State Department communications online, then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told a top deputy to send now-classified information to her personal email address, newly released emails reveal.

“Here’s my personal email,” Clinton told former Sen. George Mitchell, then Clinton’s special envoy for Middle East peace. “Pls use this for reply.”

Mitchell responded with details of discussions with Italian foreign minister Franco Frattini. Most of the contents of the email, released by the State Department on Monday night, are redacted pursuant to a Freedom of Information Act exemption designed to protect classified national security information.

[Note: IIRC, per DoS' classification standard, any communication directly from the head of a foreign .gov is automatically classified as SECRET]

Another Mitchell email in response to Clinton’s request discussed conversations with Spanish foreign minister Miguel Angel Moratinos. Contents of that email are also redacted, citing the same FOIA exemption.

The exchanges took place on July 25, 2010, the same day that WikiLeaks posted roughly 92,000 classified State Department cables stolen by then-Army private Bradley Manning on its website.

Clinton’s department treated the leak very seriously, additional communications released on Monday reveal. In a November 2010 letter, State legal adviser Harold Koh told an attorney representing WikiLeaks chief Julian Assange that his group’s release of classified information “place at risk the lives of countless innocent individuals.”

Mitchell’s emails to Clinton were among more than 100 emails released on Monday sent to or from Clinton’s personal email address that contained classified information.

Clinton and her supporters claim she never handled information on her personal email account that was classified at the time it was sent or received, a claim that the inspector general of the intelligence community has contradicted.

Her critics have seized on her handling of classified information to demonstrate her supposed disregard for information security and laws governing classified government communications.

“On hundreds of occasions, Hillary Clinton’s reckless attempt to skirt transparency laws put sensitive information and our national security at risk,” Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus said in a Monday statement on the emails’ release.

“With the FBI continuing to investigate, Hillary Clinton’s growing email scandal shows she cannot be trusted with the White House,” Priebus said.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32037 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
An accurate summation:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/a...e-empty-pantsuit.php

Maybe the brilliant, omnicompetent Hillary Clinton of myth never existed.

Maybe she is nothing but an empty pantsuit who rode her husband’s coattails to an utterly unmerited position of power.

Certainly there is nothing in her official email traffic to suggest the contrary.

I'll try to be brief
posted Hide Post
quote:

They are just playing with their mouse organs.

Posts: 14298 | Location: Heart of Texas | Registered: April 14, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
"Just Send It!"

This seems like the most damning email so far seen.

No kidding. If true, this clearly points to an organized, deliberate process where classified data and emails from a classified system were routinely converted and transferred to an unclassified server and passed along to heaven knows who. While I don't think even a hint of law enforcement action will be forthcoming, everybody involved in this deserves to be behind bars.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nothing is happening, no one is demanding anything be done and the Republicans are quiet as bunch of church mice on this thing.

As JALLEN points out, investigations of this sort take time, and to those who aren’t involved in them, they are boring. Regardless of how much some of us are missing our daily titillation, no competent and ethical law enforcement agency is going to be releasing every bit of juicy information as it’s developed. To do so would compromise the investigation itself as well as the rights of the person under investigation (the police can do improper things besides shooting people’s dogs). Further, do we really want a criminal to be able to prepare damage control for each tidbit as the FBI finds it out?

As for the Republicans, they’re doing exactly the right thing by not inserting themselves into the process. At best doing so would simply make them look like impatient little kids asking, “Are we there yet?” and at worst would detract from the efforts and possibly derail things.

When Joseph McCarthy was conducting his red-hunting circus, there were indeed communists in the US government who deserved to be identified and exposed, but all he accomplished was to establish the idea that looking for them was nothing more than a politically-inspired witch hunt. To this day it’s not possible to have a rational discussion about the harm that communists did to the country during the 1940s and ’50s without many people’s dismissing the allegations as nothing more than the product of “Tailgunner Joe’s” fevered imagination.

I still wouldn’t bet the rent that anything will stick to H.C., but if it does, then will be the time for the politicians on the other side to act accordingly. If she goes down in flames through the judicial process (such as it is today), then there will be nothing for the Republicans to do except act like they’re responsible people with far more important things to worry about—such as the renaming of a mountain someplace. Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47702 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post