SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
From Herman Cain:
http://www.caintv.com/theory-under-orders-to-let-hil

A day later, I’m still trying to make sense of why James Comey would choose to do what he did yesterday. If you just don’t want to recommend charges against Hillary, the logical move would be to say as little as possible, talk about how the case doesn’t rise to the level of prosecution, and leave the stage.

By talking at length about all the evidence that clearly shows Hillary was guilty of at least gross negligence in her handling of classified information – which is absolutely a criminal violation regardless of intent – he might as well have been waving a banner that proclaimed “The Fix Is In.”

Plenty of people who know Comey and respect him both personally and professionally are bewildered at why he would go into so much detail about the evidence against her, only to then announce he would not recommend charges on the flimsy notion that he couldn’t find another case like it that had been prosecuted.

It was so flimsy, the more I think about it the more I wonder if everything is as it appears here.

And that leads me to a theory: Comey knew Hillary should have been charged, but he was under orders to recommend otherwise. His job was on the line. Now to be sure, honorable men have resigned over less, and you could argue that if this was the case, Comey should have done so.

But let’s say there’s some reason he thought it would be better for him to stay on the job. Maybe he’s one of the few serious law enforcement people at the top echelons of the FBI after all the years of Obama’s influence, and he fears that the nation would be hurt by the change in direction that would occur at the FBI if he left.

So he could publicly defy his bosses and recommend charges, perhaps calculating it would look so bad to immediately fire him that they’d be called on their bluff. But maybe, he thought, there was a better way to do this.

So you basically make a two-part announcement: The first part reveals the true details of the investigation and what was discovered. This part is a blistering indictment – if only rhetorical – of Hillary and her malfeasance. You leave no doubt after you share this information that Hillary lied extensively and was guilty of multiple crimes.

Then you stun everyone by announcing no charges, which completely flies in the face of everything you said leading up to it. Everyone scratches their heads. The New York Times and the Washington Post naturally ignore everything but the recommendation of no charges, but plenty of other people paid attention to the earlier details and can only conclude that the United States is now a banana republic.

And Comey believes that too, which is why – if he had to follow orders and let Hillary get away with it – he was at least going to let everyone know just what a politicized sham that decision was.

I have no inside information here. I’m just theorizing. But it makes more sense than what we’re being asked to believe.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3455 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Well I like Cain, but....no. No "saving the FBI" here for Comey. He just showed us that he is truly a cowardly man with no honor. Too cowardly to buck his handlers and recommend charges, too cowardly to resign and tell the American people the fix is in. Another empty suit just going along to get along. Despicable.

Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Well I like Cain, but....no. No "saving the FBI" here for Comey. He just showed us that he is truly a cowardly man with no honor. Too cowardly to buck his handlers and recommend charges, too cowardly to resign and tell the American people the fix is in. Another empty suit just going along to get along. Despicable.

The only thing that might save Comey and the FBI in my eyes would be charges brought regarding the Clinton Foundation. What a nice blindside that would be. And I would save that one for after the convention.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5696 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I too have thought along the lines of medic451's theory. The press conference seemed to be too surreal to be Comey's actions alone. Reading between the lines, it was as though he was saying that she was guilty as sin but I was told not to charge her.

And Krazeehorse, I am hoping for a big left hook to come out of the Clinton Foundation investigation and flatten both of these lying bastards.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20345 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
But let’s say there’s some reason he thought it would be better for him to stay on the job. Maybe he’s one of the few serious law enforcement people at the top echelons of the FBI after all the years of Obama’s influence, and he fears that the nation would be hurt by the change in direction that would occur at the FBI if he left.

So he could publicly defy his bosses and recommend charges, perhaps calculating it would look so bad to immediately fire him that they’d be called on their bluff. But maybe, he thought, there was a better way to do this.
Let me get this straight. Cain suggests Comey values the integrity of the FBI more than the integrity of justice? Because this idea we're supposed to "indict" HRC at the polls is amusingly absurd.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Report This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I've read and watched Comey's presser from yesterday and he was building a case with the elements and then in the final minutes, he did a 180 and went off the rez and said he wouldn't recommend indictment.

Why? All invesitgators do is turn over evidence and facts and it's up to prosecutors to decide what to do with it. Very unusual to see and hear him lay it all out and then say while Hillary didn't do anything he considers prosecutable, others shouldn't try it.

I still don't know what happened to her staff, what they said, the guy who set up the servers, at whose direction and if he was given immunity but no charges will be filed, what was the purpose. And now that no charges are pending, I guess the server dude can't stand by the 5th A anymore.

There's just a lot of stuff that doesn't add up.

Wouldn't it be wild, but never going to happen, if he got up in front of the committee tomorrow and said he thought it was enough to warrant a recommendation but Lynch or the WH suggested otherwise. Now that would be something to watch.

Posts: 4127 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Good theories, and maybe Comey is thinking along those lines. However, that's a cowards play and Comey has permanently discredited himself and the FBI by his bitch move.

This is a dark day for our republic. Comey could have acted honorably, instead he chose to save his job. Coward.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:

I still don't know what happened to her staff, what they said, the guy who set up the servers, at whose direction and if he was given immunity but no charges will be filed, what was the purpose. And now that no charges are pending, I guess the server dude can't stand by the 5th A anymore.

The purpose of the 5th Amendment isn't to protect you from having to rat out your bosses, but to testify against yourself. Moreover, this recommendation against charges isn't a finding on the merits of innocent. The next AG can bring charges agaunst her, him, all of them, at any time before the statute of limitations runs.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Moreover, this recommendation against charges isn't a finding on the merits of innocent. The next AG can bring charges against her, him, all of them, at any time before the statute of limitations runs.

now there is a happy thought for, say, February 1, 2017...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
I too have thought along the lines of medic451's theory. The press conference seemed to be too surreal to be Comey's actions alone. Reading between the lines, it was as though he was saying that she was guilty as sin but I was told not to charge her.

And Krazeehorse, I am hoping for a big left hook to come out of the Clinton Foundation investigation and flatten both of these lying bastards.

RMD

To be fair this is Herman Cains theory, not mine. The more I think about it, it still doesnt add up. Lets say Comey wanted to save the FBI and show how corrupt the justice system was in this country, and how Hillary is the epitome of that. What better way to show this than recommend charges, and let the DOJ refuse to prosecute. That would anger just as many Americans in the end, let Loretta Lynch take the fall. If they did go after Comey by forcing him out or using any other form of retribution, what better way to once again show the public what their governemt has truly become. No Herman, whatever Comeys intentions were, he took the cowards way out.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3455 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:

The purpose of the 5th Amendment isn't to protect you from having to rat out your bosses, but to testify against yourself. Moreover, this recommendation against charges isn't a finding on the merits of innocent. The next AG can bring charges agaunst her, him, all of them, at any time before the statute of limitations runs.

Understood.

Seems odd that with his immunity grant and his 5th A assertion but no charges against her, at this time, perhaps he and other oompa-loompas will be charged but Hillary won't. I'd also like to know how the hacker Guccifer fits into this, if at all.

I don't know what the SOL is on this but I recall that it extends into next year.

Posts: 4127 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
So, he is such a good cop he is not going to do his job for fear that they will put a bad cop in there who won't do his job?

Yeah, I get it is more complicated than that but if he is not willing to enforce the law he is worthless as a law officer.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15263 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Trump should announce that if elected he will have his AG appoint a special prosecutor to review the FBI investigation and determine if prosecution is warranted. I think that would win him big points with the millions of people bewildered by Comey's decision.

My guess is Obama would pardon her on his way out of the WH, but it would be nice to force his hand into putting that shit stain on his so-called legacy.

Posts: 6071 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Comey has permanently discredited himself and the FBI by his bitch move.

Honorable men don't run out of there like he did after that press conference ended, he was practically falling over himself to get out of there as fast as he could.
Roll Eyes

Posts: 34087 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Opinion: Comey was promised something. Job, money, something. There are people in the Justice Dept. going "What the fuck just happened". They had her cold. This is a case a first year attorney could have prosecuted and won.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Trump should announce that if elected he will have his AG appoint a special prosecutor to review the FBI investigation and determine if prosecution is warranted. I think that would win him big points with the millions of people bewildered by Comey's decision.

My guess is Obama would pardon her on his way out of the WH, but it would be nice to force his hand into putting that shit stain on his so-called legacy.

Not to mention hers. For people in her position, a pardon is almost as fatal to your reputation and legacy as a conviction.

A pardon must be granted, and accepted. It would have to be done before Obama is out of office, which means before she or Trump takes the oath.

I suppose she could pardon herself, but that would be extraordinarily courageous.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
So, here is my question:

Comey outlined all of the illegal actions taken by the hildabeast. We all wrongly thought he was going to request an indictment.

Given his testimony/speech, can any other agency or individual press charges against her?

If not, why not?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25648 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Opinion: Comey was promised something. Job, money, something. There are people in the Justice Dept. going "What the fuck just happened". They had her cold. This is a case a first year attorney could have prosecuted and won.

Not really. Remember OJ? The "Dream Team?"

The Clintons would field a battalion of very skilled lawyers, pouring over every word, every e-mail, every witness. They are already doing that in the court of public opinion. Clinton herself hasn't said a peep, but her usual surrogates are peeping on every channel, every talk show, every editorial page, every blog, tweeting, etc.

You must have a great deal of faith in first year lawyers. As a 40 year lawyer, I think I can say without fear of contradiction that a first year lawyer would be over his or her head before finding a place to park at the courthouse.

Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Comey has permanently discredited himself and the FBI by his bitch move.

Honorable men don't run out of there like he did after that press conference ended, he was practically falling over himself to get out of there as fast as he could.
Roll Eyes

Yea, that was a shameful spectacle.

Does anyone know if the Comey hearing tomorrow will be televised? I can't find whether his congressional Q&A will be open to reporters.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
So, here is my question:

Comey outlined all of the illegal actions taken by the hildabeast. We all wrongly thought he was going to request an indictment.

Given his testimony/speech, can any other agency or individual press charges against her?

If not, why not?

No other agency has the evidence. No other agency has prosecutorial authority. They go to DOJ with their evidence when it seems necessary.

I believe a Grand Jury must be empaneled to vote an indictment. DOJ does that, I believe exclusively.