SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message
Page 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 315

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FNC reporting the Hilary's Email contained a "Top Secret" labeled message Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Guys, please take a minute to verify stories before you post. If you're unsure of a story in any way, do not post it.

Posts: 108125 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rackrack:
I believe this is a blessing in disguise.

No one would like to see her go to prison more than me, but that's not my highest priority.

My highest priority is to see the Democrat presidential candidate lose in November.

I think we're much more likely to see that with a weakened Hillary on the ticket rather than an indignant Joe Biden.

I think Allen West just agreed with me. I still think Comey has betrayed justice and our country but the eventual outcome will be in our favor.

WND.com
Cheryl Chumley
July 7, 2016

Allen West 'delighted' FBI Won't Prosecute Clinton

Allen West, former Republican congressman from Florida, sent out a big thank you to James Comey for announcing he would not recommend criminal charges for Hillary Clinton, writing in a blog post the FBI director said so many negative things about the former secretary of State, he basically gave the Republicans a treasure chest filled with political tools.

In a post on his blog entitled “Here’s why I’m DELIGHTED about the FBI’s verdict on Hillary,” West wrote: “Of course, the news cycle is completely dominated by FBI Director James Comey’s announcement … And my response is GREAT! I can’t thank Director Comey enough for coming to this decision.”

He went on, saying his big “concern” was always that President Obama would swoop in to attack Clinton and rally behind Joe Biden for president, and Sen. Elizabeth Warren for vice president.

“That would be a really tough ticket to beat,” West wrote, “since Joe Biden’s favorables, regardless of gaffes and such, are extremely high. However, James Comey just delivered a gift wrapped with a bow.”

Among his reasons: Comey “concluded Hillary was ‘extremely careless’ in handling our nation’s secrets. He admitted no reasonable person could have believed putting these emails on a private server was at all appropriate or acceptable. He admitted 110 emails on the server were classified at the time they were sent – showing Hillary not only lied, but knowingly endangered national security as secretary of state. He admitted Hillary deleted work-related emails … despite her claims otherwise. And, most shocking, Mr. Comey even admitted it’s likely foreign governments hacked her emails.”

Comey basically said “Hillary Clinton is not reasonable,” and likely handed foreign nations keys to sensitive U.S. information, West went on.

West called the exoneration of Clinton a “policy of political corruption” that offends, but said he believed “the final vote will be cast by the American people” and that Comey “may have just become the one person who will end the corrupt reign of the Clinton family and terminate any chance for an honorable legacy for Barack Obama.”

Link

Posts: 1459 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That this may very well play out in our favor in the upcoming election is not in dispute.

This is the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and they've just sold us out. The ramifications of Comey's hit-and-run bullshit on Tuesday go far beyond the upcoming presidential election.

Posts: 108125 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
People need to stop spinning this as a good thing; it is not. She BROKE THE LAW, endangered national security, and endangered every American in this country. And she was allowed to walk away scott free. The election is one thing, but without the rule of law it really does not matter. Comey just told the American people FU, if you are rich and powerful the laws need not apply so don't worry about them. Oh by the way, if anyone else does this we will go after you. It is disgusting. A good thing my ass.

secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
People need to stop spinning this as a good thing; it is not. She BROKE THE LAW, endangered national security, and endangered every American in this country. And she was allowed to walk away scott free. The election is one thing, but without the rule of law it really does not matter. Comey just told the American people FU, if you are rich and powerful the laws need not apply so don't worry about them. Oh by the way, if anyone else does this we will go after you. It is disgusting. A good thing my ass.

How do you interpret my saying that "Comey betrayed justice" is a good thing?

What Comey did is a demonstration of the problem that Obama has corrupted the entire Justice Department. The problem existed before Comey's statement. Comey just confirmed it. There is currently no rule of law in the federal government, and there hasn't been for at least 7 years.

The cure is to get these leftists out of power. Comey's statement will assist that effort.

I am devastated to lose trust in the FBI. To me, the FBI was the last bulwark of justice in the Federal government. But perhaps with Comey's eventual demise in 2017, that trust can be re-earned in years to come under different leadership and a different administration.

By the way, you don't believe that if Comey had recommended prosecution that Hillary would have been prosecuted, do you?

Posts: 1459 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
But perhaps with Comey's eventual demise in 2017, that trust can be re-earned in years to come under different leadership and a different administration.

The Director of the FBI doesn't serve at the pleasure of the President. Comey was appointed and confirmed in 2013 to a 10 year term. If he wants to stay on in a Clinton or Trump administration, he can do so.

Posts: 6071 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
But perhaps with Comey's eventual demise in 2017, that trust can be re-earned in years to come under different leadership and a different administration.

The Director of the FBI doesn't serve at the pleasure of the President. Comey was appointed and confirmed in 2013 to a 10 year term. If he wants to stay on in a Clinton or Trump administration, he can do so.

That is what I thought, but when I looked at it, it seems that the term is a MAXIMUM. No one has served a full term, but it was waived once, in the case of Robert Mueller. Basically it is unenforceable as it can be waived whenever they want.

It is unclear to me whether the director can cling to office if the President or AG wants a replacement. If you can't fire someone, how can you supervise them.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Director of the FBI doesn't serve at the pleasure of the President.

Wrong.

The FBI Director does serve at the pleasure of the President.

The difference is the FBI Directors are appointed to a term of 10 years, unlike other political appointees confirmed with the advice and consent of the Senate, who have no fixed term.

There is one case of the FBI Director being fired by the President.

In 1993, there were allegations of ethical improprieties were made against FBI Director William Sessions, III.

Although Sessions denied acting improperly, he was pressured to resign. When he refused, President Bill Clinton used his powers to dismiss Sessions immediately. Clinton nominated Louis Freeh to the FBI directorship.

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/07...y-the-president.html

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31559 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I was referring to West's article, not to you. And as far as this goes, we will never know will we? By taking the cowards way out Comey completly let this disgusting administration off the hook. The FBI investigates and reports, the DOJ prosecutes. By becoming the decision maker in this instance the FBI just bacame another political tool.

quote:
By the way, you don't believe that if Comey had recommended prosecution that Hillary would have been prosecuted, do you?

Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

Wrong.

The difference is the FBI Directors are appointed to a term of 10 years, unlike other political appointees confirmed with the advice and consent of the Senate, who have no fixed term.

In 1993, there were allegations of ethical improprieties were made against FBI Director William Sessions, III.

Although Sessions denied acting improperly, he was pressured to resign. When he refused, President Bill Clinton used his powers to dismiss Sessions immediately. Clinton nominated Louis Freeh to the FBI directorship.

It is true that there are no statutory conditions on the President's power to remove the director of the FBI, but there are traditional constraints. Sessions was removed for cause - he was caught in an ethics scandal and refused to resign. This is sort of the exception that proves the rule. While a president can remove an FBI director, it usually isn't done the way a president will shuffle his cabinet or other staff that truly serve at his pleasure.

Posts: 6071 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24283 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

Wrong.

It is true that there are no statutory conditions on the President's power to remove the director of the FBI, but there are traditional constraints. Sessions was removed for cause - he was caught in an ethics scandal and refused to resign. This is sort of the exception that proves the rule. While a president can remove an FBI director, it usually isn't done the way a president will shuffle his cabinet or other staff that truly serve at his pleasure.

Sessions was asked to resign, but refused. He was then dismissed just like Archibald Cox was as Special Prosecutor.

I often wonder when a man who has performed satisfactorily in various higher level offices suddenly turns out to be an inept buffoon, poor manager, probable abuser of government perks and intransigent in the face of disagreement who also happens to be of a different political persuasion than the higher-ups.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Really, really, really hope that DT is extremely careful about whom he chooses for VP...

Listening to Rush, today, and he made the comment that if DT picks someone inside, such as a current senator, then the GOPe plan would be to impeach him within six months and put that puppet in place.

Those bastards would do such a thing and the rest of the corruption in d.c. would be right on board Mad

Just getting DT into the WH is not the end of the fight, it is only the beginning.

These times are even more dangerous than we imagine.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

That needs to be on billboards across America with a picture of HRC waving.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14068 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Loganspawn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Really, really, really hope that DT is extremely careful about whom he chooses for VP...

Listening to Rush, today, and he made the comment that if DT picks someone inside, such as a current senator, then the GOPe plan would be to impeach him within six months and put that puppet in place.

Those bastards would do such a thing and the rest of the corruption in d.c. would be right on board Mad

Just getting DT into the WH is not the end of the fight, it is only the beginning.

These times are even more dangerous than we imagine.

Than some imagine.....

Some of us have known we are on the front door to a thousand years of boots on your neck for a while. We didn't just arrive and it isn't just Barry or the Democraps.

This is the crossroads we knew would come. Let's make sure to do all we can to steer the sheep the right way.

Trump!

------------------------------
Knowing is half the battle!

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6696 | Location: FederalWay WA. Ocupied territory | Registered: April 23, 2009Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The more Comey talks, the more corrupt he appears to be. Also, if we allow this double standard to be established and accepted, there's no limit to the tyranny it codifies for the average cirizen. This is the hill worth dying for.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29788 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Than some imagine.....

Indeed. No, this is a long time coming, building to a crescendo.

Surely the bilderberg group is licking their chops.

I will not 'live' on my knees.

quote:

Trump!

Our last, best hope...

That or a Texas-size meteor, very soon, please.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
On Politico today:

The conspiracy theory about Donald Trump is that he intends to throw the election to Hillary Clinton. Well, maybe Hillary wants to throw it right back.

Trump and Clinton are engaged in a stirring contest over who is least unworthy of occupying the presidency, and after weeks of appalling self-inflicted errors by Trump, Hillary has countered with a highly characteristic political “victory” — namely, not getting indicted.

In the wake of a Democratic primary season and during the early phases of a general election when “rigged” has been the most emotive description of the economy and political system, Hillary and her enablers have conducted what appears to be a seminar in Rigged 101.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24283 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5776 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Report This Post