SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
It's difficult to articulate, but it seems almost that it's necessary for Israel to be there, surrounded by all the people who want to make them disappear.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
You are correct. Israel was established in 1948. I think many Americans do not know the history. They should at least read the book, Exodus. As you said it is complicated. The seeds of this conflict were sewn in 1948 in my opinion.

The Jews have been in Israel since well over a millennium before Christ was born. They have been exiled and returned a number of times. Try as people might, it's their ancestral lands and they aren't going away. 1948 was just one more changing of hands. The Romans, Muslims, nor the crusaders could maintain control of it. To pick some arbitrary date in which it changed hands and say that's the problem is short sighted.

^^^^
I don't think most people realize that there has never been an independent Palestinian state. Ever.

Posts: 12515 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
The creation, establishment, and existence of Israel is actually a fascinating story if you're willing to do the research.
It's difficult to articulate, but it seems almost that it's necessary for Israel to be there, surrounded by all the people who want to make them disappear.

It may be simply that Israel has been there my entire life but I think its more than that. It seems like Israel must be there for events to play out. I'm not speaking in the context of biblical scripture. It just seems like they must be there and that the world is saddled with this never-ending conflict as a means to an end of some kind, somewhere down the road.

I don't disagree with this one bit, and neither did two of the people that started me on the path to exploring the 20th century history there. Ironically one was Iraqi and Muslim.

In a very high level summary.... when the state of Israel was created they welcomed the Palestinians and even offered voting rights, etc. Israel wanted peace and given their displacement over time didn't want to do that to the people already living there.

Their Muslim neighbors were outraged and began inviting the Palestinians to their countries as brothers and sisters in the great Islamic cause. They were promised a lot.

What they got was stuck in camps on the border, where they were held and fed daily doses of 'how Israel was really responsible for this and we are trying to help you'. As you can imagine it doesn't take long for simple, nomadic people crammed into camps to get pretty upset. Once sufficiently agitated they were pointed at Israel, armed, and unleashed. The PLO emerged from this conditioning and they are literally doing the dirty work of Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by BB61:

I don't think most people realize that there has never been an independent Palestinian state. Ever.

100% true. Palestine was a region, and Palestinians were the nomadic peoples in that region. That area has been ruled over the centuries by just about everyone BUT the Palestinians, and no one cared. UNTIL a Jewish state was created... then it was Jihad to reclaim their rightful land.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38061 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Biden administration blames Donald Trump and protesters and leftist academia blame Israel. No attachment to reality and no admission in even the smallest way, of the actual- and plainly obvious- truth of the matter.

It seems to me that the chasm between the two opposing factions in this world is so vast, that we are moving towards disaster on a global scale. When? I have no idea. It might be years, it might be decades, but when you have those who have tried to stop this from happening being blamed, and those who have been attacked being blamed for being attacked, the only solution is the complete defeat of one side or the other.

https://twitter.com/jordanbpet.../1711229191335637396

Posts: 108234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
... when you have those who have tried to stop this from happening being blamed, and those who have been attacked being blamed for being attacked, the only solution is the complete defeat of one side or the other.

Its the classic domestic violence case, where the wife gets beaten by her husband nightly yet, when she seeks support from friends & family, they instead rain down on her with accusatory questions, what did you do to incite him and make him angry?

There's a very warped sense of realty amongst a wide swath of supposedly very wise and educated people, they've boxed themselves into a ideological mental corner and even if there's an epiphany for some of them, I'm afraid they're far too gone.

Posts: 14824 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
From Mark Steyn and not pulling any punches, he had some of the tweets embedded in his post but I'm not going to link them.

Talks about the celebration by muslims all over the world over these atrocities and the support Hams is getting from their kapo sympathizers.

quote:

Proportionate about Gang Rape

In our initial report on this new war yesterday, we published a video showing a terrified young lady being abducted by Hamas "soldiers" from an Israeli music festival.

She was delivered to Gaza. This is the condition she arrived in:
"Allahu Akbar!" Because Allah is truly great, isn't he? He let us target the Jewess, and then strip her and beat her and rape her. And then, when we drive what's left to the dar al-Islam, we all get to dance in the streets and desecrate her corpse. Boy, what a generous guy that Allah is!

The infidel has a name: Shana Louk, a citizen of Germany visiting Israel to attend a "Festival for Peace". It didn't work out that way:

Miss Louk's mother has released a video appealing for help. Do the Germans have special forces? If not, maybe they could send in that 98-year-old SS officer who's a hero of the Canadian House of Commons.

Israel, as always, is being urged to confine itself to a "proportionate" response. Headline from my former newspaper The Irish Times:

Micheál Martin indicates Israeli response to 'appalling' Hamas attack has not been proportionate

Mr Martin is the former Taoiseach and current Tánaiste (deputy Taoiseach) and Foreign Minister. I wonder what he thinks is the "proportionate" response to that scene? The "proportionate response" to an army that, as its principal tactic, seizes your womenfolk and children, and rapes, tortures and kills them. Would raping, torturing and killing their womenfolk be "proportionate"?

As for proportions more generally, Dafna Breines, an Israeli Steyn Clubber, writes:

As for 9/11, we're far past that now...as of this moment there are 500 Jews confirmed dead, which is the equivalent population-wise of ten 9/11's.

John Hinderaker writes of the above video:

What is notable, I think, is the jubilant reaction of the crowd. Note the boy who spits on the woman's corpse. The idea that what is happening is a 'terrorist attack' by 'Hamas' is a fiction. Hamas is a political entity that rules Gaza with the support of the overwhelming majority of the Palestinians who live there.

Indeed. John is the soul of moderation, and he is trying hard to contain his anger there. Tommy Robinson is the antithesis of the soul of moderation and here is his reaction to the same video. NSFW warning: There is more effing and blinding in these two minutes than Mr Hinderaker has done in his entire life, but it is directed at those in the west who share "the jubilant reaction of the crowd":

I'm with John and Tommy on this one: I look at the things I care about in our dying civilisation, and I don't see the point of making common cause with barbarians who get their jollies dancing round a girl who's been gang-raped. You know where else they do that?

Rotherham.

And Telford.

And [Your Town Here].

As I've said, I've only met Tommy Robinson the once - a decade ago, at the European Parliament of all places, with my darling daughter, who's now reached that age where they walk in and say, "Hey, dad, I got a cheap flight to that music festival in..." But I've talked a lot in recent days about the lack of "first principles", as the barristers (used to) say. Tommy Robinson is a man of first principles: He thinks it's wrong to gang-rape English schoolgirls in Yorkshire. And he thinks it's wrong to gang-rape German citizens in Gaza. And he's right on both.

Here's another video - a couple of parents trying to comfort their children after the courageous men of Hamas have killed the kids' sister:

What has changed since 9/11 a generation ago? On that day Palestinians danced in the streets of Ramallah and passed out sweets to celebrate the thousands of dead infidels in the rubble of Lower Manhattan. To be sure, they don't over-think their jubilation: The general Arab view of that day, as I came to learn visiting the West Bank and elsewhere not long afterwards, is that it was simultaneously a) a glorious victory for Muslims; and b) all the work of the Mossad.

But what's changed in these two decades? Back then, they partied in Ramallah. Now they party in ...the suburbs of Toronto:

...and Berlin:

...and Malmö:

...and London:

We have imported monsters. Two decades ago, dead infidels in the west prompted celebrations in the Middle East. Now, dead infidels in the Middle East prompt celebrations in the west. One day, soon, many more dead infidels in the west will prompt mass celebrations across the west.

One of the smartest of British commentators, Brendan O'Neill, has a piece in the Speccie bemoaning all the lefties - the chaps who so dislike unprovoked invasions they have the Ukrainian flag as their Twitter avatar - cheering for the barbarians of Hamas.

He's not wrong. They include, to pluck at random, the Canadian Union of Public Employees. That sounds rather boring, doesn't it? But in their hearts they'd be riding pick-ups into Israeli border towns and abducting Jewesses - if only they hadn't been cursed to be Canadian. Still, they know how to tweet it up:

Palestine is rising, long live the resistance

"Everything in this world can be robbed and stolen, except one thing; this one thing is the love that emanates from a human being towards a solid commitment to a conviction or cause." - Ghassan Kanafani https://t.co/TC01x4k0yU — CUPE Local 3906 (@cupe_3906) October 7, 2023

But what Mr O'Neill is missing is what Tommy Robinson alludes to: it's not just the left, it's now a big chunk of the right that isn't buying what it's being sold. That's different from 9/11, too - and derives in part from the "neocons"' pathetic conduct of the "war on terror". One consequence of the last three-and-a-half years - Covid, mass vaccination, the fall of Kabul, the pivot to Ukraine - is that tens of millions of people now react to the official narrative - on anything - by automatically assuming that, whatever the truth is, it isn't that. It's as if the moon landings were being faked in the Utah desert every day of the week.

Thus, in this particular instance, something feels off. The critical agencies of the Israeli state, unlike those of Belgium, New Zealand or even America, are - because of who they are and where they live - always on. An intelligence failure of this scale on this anniversary is not on its face credible. From Efrat Fenigson, with whom I did a Twitter Spaces on the Covid vax a while back:

Perhaps we will learn the truth about that "intelligence failure". Or perhaps it will join the increasing list of perplexing events - in America alone, from the Vegas massacre to the trans shooter's manifesto - that remain "unexplained".

But in the meantime we have real victims, real corpses, real desecrated corpses. And we have the barbarians rejoicing in them. And huge numbers of westerners supporting those monsters. Let's take it as read that you don't dig the Jews. In the end, which will be coming soon enough, this isn't about the Jews, it's about you.

It was, after all, the same blind-spot that drove Nigel Farage's and my victory over Louise Arbour and Simon Schama at the 2016 Munk debate. As I had cause to mention, Mme Arbour, in her capacity as a big UN honchette, was (very admirably) the first person to prosecute rape as an act of war - with reference to the atrocities in Sudan. Yet, when it came to sexual assault of infidel women all over Europe, she and Professor Schama (a Jew, but one so deluded as to think his affable Muslim newsagent in London is the last word on Judeo-Islamic relations) thought all that was comedy gold - and Nigel and I only brought it up because we're losers who can't get any action:

Steyn dwelt excessively on the sexual crimes we've all read about in Cologne, Hamburg, Malmö and elsewhere. So it apparently seemed to Arbour and Schama, because they mocked Steyn for it in their rebuttals. Arbour sneered at both Steyn and Farage as "newborn feminists" (she got a laugh), while Schama disgraced himself with "I'm just struck by how obsessed with sex these two guys are, actually. It's a bit sad, really." (That got a very big laugh.) I took one look at Steyn's glowering face after that remark — Schama will regret having said it to his dying day, I know it — and I kind of felt sorry for those two liberals, because I knew what was coming.

Steyn slowly rose...

How stupid do you have to be to watch that video of poor Miss Louk and then the jubilations across the "multicultural" west and not to make any connection?

That Gaza kid John Hinderaker mentions? The one spitting on poor Shana Louk's naked body?

In ten years' time, he'll be living in Munich, or Marseilles, or Manchester, Manitoba, Michigan...

It's the future you've made.

https://www.steynonline.com/13...nate-about-gang-rape

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4345 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hamas leadership lives in luxury in Qatar. They stockpile weapons instead of improving the lives of those they claim to represent. Time for the Mossad to go to Qatar and drop bodies. Heads on spikes.

Posts: 4300 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
What berto said.^^^^^

The Israel/Gaza strip border is only 32 miles long.
Just start bulldozing the entire contents of the Gaza strip into the ocean.
Buildings, men, women, children. When it's as flat as a Walmart parking lot, the job is done.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1556 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Twitter link of what happens when the IDF catches you stealing a bulldozer.

https://twitter.com/TheMossadI.../1711271845180162206

Posts: 2028 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Pistol is red-dotted and compensated ...

When you can't risk hitting the hydraulics on an uber-expensive piece of heavy equipment.

Posts: 15992 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good articles:

A Brief Education in What Just Happened in Israel

https://www.tabletmag.com/sect...t-happened-in-israel

America’s Betrayal of Israel

https://www.tabletmag.com/sect...s-betrayal-of-israel

Posts: 12848 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Save those videos.

I’m not saying post them, do not break the rules, but watch them. Save them.

Because in years, months, or even days you’ll hear that it didn’t happen. Or that it wasn’t happening the way you describe. Or that you’re remembering it wrong.

Posts: 10772 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Per Fox News:

On Monday, Israel Defense Minister Yoav Gallant ordered a "complete siege" on the Gaza Strip in retaliation for the strikes and as fighting continues."I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip," Gallant said at the IDF Southern Command in Beersheba.

"There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed."Gallant added: "We are fighting human animals and we are acting accordingly."

Link

Posts: 1835 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
^^^^

That is the way to do it

https://www.breitbart.com/euro...capability-of-hamas/

Israel has announced a “complete siege” of the Gaza Strip as hundreds of thousands of troops are preparing to launch an assault on the Hamas terror group responsible for the deadly attacks across Israel over the weekend.

Israeli Defence Minister Yoav Gallant said following a situation assessment with Israel Defence Forces (IDF) Southern Command the military will enact a “complete siege” of the Gaza Strip, preventing supplies such as water, food and electricity from entering the region.

The Defense Minister said, according to The Times of Israel: “I ordered a full siege on the Gaza Strip. No power, no food, no gas, everything is closed.

We are fighting human animals and we act accordingly,” Gallant added.

The Israel Defense Forces has also said it is currently waging “widespread” air strikes against Hamas targets throughout the Gaza Strip.

The IDF’s top spokesman, Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari said that the military has mobilised 300,000 reservists over the past 48 hours, saying: “We have never drafted so many reservists on such a scale… We are going on the offensive.”

The chief military spokesman went on to say that Israeli troops have regained control over the border towns but that some clashes with Hamas terrorists are continuing, saying: “We are now carrying out searches in all of the communities and clearing the area.”

According to RAdm. Hagari, at least 4,400 rockets have rained down on Israel since the start of the fighting on Saturday morning, which coincided with the Jewish holiday of Shemini Atzeret, the final day of the annual High Holy Day cycle. The Palestinians, meanwhile, have claimed that 493 people have died in Gaza, with a further 2,751 wounded

Posts: 19686 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Next time we feel the need to release confiscated Iranian funds, they need to be used to pay for the victims of their proxy wars.
Paying a billion dollar per hostage ransom only teaches them one thing, take more hostages.

Also, there are a large percentage or Iranians that are not crazies and hate their own government but the country is a vicious dictatorship. So we don't need to make more enemies by random attacks there, killing many innocents while barely touching the true cause, their leaders.
A few cruise missiles directed at the residences of the top military and their headquarters and the Ayatollah's and their opulent living quarters is more likely to get the results we're looking for.

Posts: 9665 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Political virtue-signaling over the weekend’s attacks in Israel predictably began blooming like wildflowers here in the United States, with smug trans and silly LGBTQ++ folks showing the strongest support for Hamas militants, who would toss them off the roof in a hot Palestine second if they were left unattended for more than a couple minutes in Gaza:

Moving on. Official casualty figures mounted to over 700 dead for Israel, including around 50 soldiers, over 2,000 wounded, and unofficial estimates of over 130 kidnapped as hostages (or worse). That’s just so far; the numbers are still climbing. Meanwhile, yesterday when asked, U.S. propaganda minister Tony Blinken did not deny reports that the casualty figures included some Americans who were killed or captured in the weekend’s fighting.

Meanwhile, the Wall Street Journal lit the fuse of a broader regional conflict yesterday when it ran a controversial story bluntly headlined, “Iran Helped Plot Attack on Israel Over Several Weeks. Specifically, the sub-headline boldly claimed that, “The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps gave the final go-ahead last Monday in Beirut.”

The Journal, citing unnamed “senior members of Hamas and Hezbollah,” noted that on the other hand, U.S. officials are saying there is “no evidence” of Iranian involvement. If there were evidence, it would be highly inconvenient to the Peters Administration, since Biden just bribed Iran with a $6 billion-dollar package in trade for five kidnapped Iranian-American political hostages. But despite those denials, according to the Journal’s militant sources, Iran’s Revolutionary Guard officers have been working with Hamas since at least August to devise the highly-coordinated, multi-modal air, land and sea attack—a wide front producing the most spectacular breach of Israel’s borders since the 1973 Yom Kippur War and the deadliest single day for Israelis since the horrors of World War II.

Iran, of course, denies any involvement except expressing satisfaction with Hamas’s success.

It only took me a few seconds of digging to find a prophetic Wall Street Journal story from April headlined, “Iran Is Recruiting Militant Allies to Launch Attacks Against Israel.” Um. The sub-headline added, “Quds Force commander has met leaders of Hamas and Hezbollah in recent weeks to coordinate strikes.”

Here’s a lightly-edited recap of April’s prescient report from the Journal’s sources, which apparently was completely ignored by Israel’s main intelligence agency, Mossad:

General Esmail Qaani, who leads the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ elite Quds Force, has held a series of clandestine meetings with militant leaders across the region. The Quds Force chief was in Lebanon last week, where he met with Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh and his deputy Saleh al-Arouri (and others) at the Iranian embassy in Beirut.
Around the same time, militants in southern Lebanon fired a barrage of rockets at Israel, the largest such attack since the 2006 war between Hezbollah and Israel.
Israel has cause for concern. Gen. Qaani’s effort to unite Tehran’s allies is a sharp escalation in the undeclared war between Iran and Israel after Israel carried out hundreds of attacks targeting Iran and its proxies across the Middle East.

Among Tehran’s chief objectives is to prevent its neighbors from establishing diplomatic ties with Israel.

You’d think there was enough material in just those few paragraphs for Israel to have known what was coming.

Two headlines published this morning in the Times of Israel provided a succinct recap of where the conflict stands as of this morning: first, “IDF says it has regained control of all Gaza border towns but terrorists may remain,” and second, “Air Force pounds Gaza overnight in bid to ‘devastate’ Hamas; rocket fire continues.”

In other words, Israel has not yet started its ground assault, which is surely coming.

Meanwhile, not waiting around for predictable citizen outrage, Israel has shredded its draconian gun-control regulations that required highly-invasive and annoyingly-repetitive “gun safety” testing, and limited citizens to having 50 bullets. They are trying to get guns into Israeli hands as fast as possible, to stop them from being “shelter in place” sitting ducks.

Too bad they didn’t do it a week ago.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24307 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Palestinians, meanwhile, have claimed that 493 people have died in Gaza, with a further 2,751 wounded

Boo fucking hoo. Mess with the bull, get the horns.

Posts: 27040 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjlennon:
Per Fox News:

On Monday, Israel Defense Minister Yoav Gallant ordered a "complete siege" on the Gaza Strip in retaliation for the strikes and as fighting continues."I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip," Gallant said at the IDF Southern Command in Beersheba.

"There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed."Gallant added: "We are fighting human animals and we are acting accordingly."

Link

Make Dresden Great Again

Posts: 34134 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I say we lend them a few B52s and let the carpet bombing begin.

Posts: 20240 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...e-american-hostages/

Former Trump National Security Adviser Robert C. O’Brien

“While welcoming our Iran hostages home, I said at the time — paying ransom (eg unfreezing $6 billion) is problematic because it incentivizes new hostage taking & gives terrorists money for new operations. I didn’t think we would see these points illustrated so vividly, so quickly,”

Posts: 19686 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I say we lend them a few B52s and let the carpet bombing begin.

Instead of risking IDF lives, and using valuable munitions that they'll probably be needing, carpet bombing Gaza with napalm would be good. That would give Hammas & it's supporters a little preview of where they're going to be spending eternity.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post