SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
A former IDF spokesman says the after rounding up the bad guys, securing the southern border, and rescuing hostages, then Israel will begin retaliation. By that I'm assuming retaliation at some scale. Let's hope so. Poke the bear too many times and he will eat you, and you will have deserved it.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8771 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
My friends are reporting the loss of at least 2 Merkava tanks!

Someone has armed them to the teeth now.
There's HUNDREDS of terrorist fighters pouring through the border.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39800 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Just found out a cousin of mine is in Jerusalem. I hope she's bunkered in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16127 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
How did the Mossad miss all of this? Aren’t they really good at sniffing this kind of thing out? It’s almost like they were caughtcompletely off-guard.

Posts: 34160 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
How did the Mossad miss all of this? Aren’t they really good at sniffing this kind of thing out? It’s almost like they were caughtcompletely off-guard.

Been wondering this myself. Sounds like intelligence failure somewhere along the way. Maybe folks experienced in this kind of things can chime in.

Q

Posts: 26898 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Israel has been going through a type of left wing gridlock since Netanyahu regained power. A lot of deep state things going on in Israel with many demonstrations, and some of the military and intelligence involved.

Netanyahu was trying to pass judicial reform and had to back down.

Lot's of distractions and who knows, maybe people in the government against Netanyahu may welcome an incident like this to bring him down.

Sort of reminiscent of the BLM and ANTIFA unrest we experienced and the reaction of the media and Democrats defending them.

Nothing would surprise me.

Posts: 12864 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I know Old Rugged Cross, I figured that out when I tuned back in to see I'd been (correctly) censored. And I reckon I feel pretty rotten about that already.

I also was unaware that Israeli citizenry had been disarmed. I always figured with compulsory military service, and the fact that I'd seen plenty of weapons being carried in pictures in their public spaces. Now I realize those pics all came from 1991 and 2003.

quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
magna, I don't know much, but if that was my son I would not want his pix posted all over the internet for the entire world to see.

Another note about something posted here earlier. I had no idea in Israel guns could not be owned by private citizens. What do those in charge have to say for themselves now that defenseless men, woman and children were murdered,kidnapped and raped in their own homes?

Posts: 7304 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You can count on those assholes to say anything but the truth. Truth and reality are poison to leftists.

Posts: 108292 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I saw where France told the paleostineans that they fucked around and found out and will offer no help in trying to get Israel to back off.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34242 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Israel has been going through a type of left wing gridlock since Netanyahu regained power. A lot of deep state things going on in Israel with many demonstrations, and some of the military and intelligence involved.

In some ways, very similar to the pushback against Trump. Former Prime Minister Yair Lapid, head of the leftist opposition, formed a temporary alliance with Netanyahu to deal with this war. But the country's political division likely put their national security at risk.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16864 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/visegrad24.../1710757415388414307

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8360 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Irony.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39800 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
How long until we see an ultra-Orthodox with a Tavor. I hope this gets settled in my lifetime.

Posts: 3561 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This not the only innocent person they murdered today, but it may be the one which serves as their undoing. The entire world can see these psychopaths for the soulless savages they are.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yep, hair matches the body of the woman in the video.

Posts: 17385 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They were just killing “white people”. (Infidels)

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34242 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
They're even live streaming going into home and slaughtering people. Women, children, entire families.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8360 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Until you have evidence of that, let's take it easy with that stuff. How many times have we found out that initial reports were exaggerated or completely false?

Unless you've seen it with your own eyes, please refrain from making such claims.

And any member who tells us they did see video evidence of such things had better be speaking truthfully.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
They're even live streaming going into home and slaughtering people. Women, children, entire families.

It's not a mystery, that this generation of savages coming out of Gaza, was inspired and motivated by what ISIS showed the world. These twenty-somethings all watched endless videos on Twitter, Periscope and other platforms, the gore and barbarity that ISIS wrought where ever they went. Gaza, since Fatah was overthrown, is the more Islamic of the Occupied Territories, almost to Taliban-levels of extremism and enforcement.

As for the larger picture, this is an unprecedented offensive in terms of scope and coordination for Occupied Territory groups. Not only is Hamas involved but, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, Popular Liberation Front and Democratic Front (there's probably more); groups that usually DO NOT get along with each other. Interestingly, Syria-Iran backed Hezbollah is not involved (not that we know of) or, has opened up a front on their end of the border-area. The scope & scale of the distracting rocket barrage, then the multi-axis assault from air, land & sea is quite unprecedented. I think the more the onion gets peeled back on this, we're likely to find Iranian Quds Forces has their hands all over this, motivating the new generation of jihadis.

As for Israel, there's most definitely intelligence failures and military failures. The force postures of the military units who were overrun and captured/destroyed should be a sobering wake-up for the rest of the IDF. The Israel Security Agency (Shin Bet) who handles intel/action inside the Occupied Territories, there's a lot to answer for, I wonder how many of their assets were compromised or, turned-out to have been double agents.

Posts: 14841 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I have seen video of entire families being taken captive. Women and children. More since I first posted about it.

Posts: 17385 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post