SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’m sure it could get real ugly, real quick. They poked a sleeping bear.

Posts: 1753 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
The attack in Israel is emboldening the radicals in every country “friendly” to them. They are provoking a very dangerous adversary hell bent on avoiding eradication.

Not a comfortable thought when you live a snowball through from the largest population of Arabs and Muslims outside the Middle east.

Joe warned all the Israel haters not to take advantage of the situation, yesterday in his press conference. So today Hezbollah lobs a few rockets into Israel from Lebanon, just to show him how scared they are of the US.

https://www.newsmax.com/world/...23/10/08/id/1137422/
BEIRUT (AP) — Lebanon’s Hezbollah militant group fired dozens of rockets and shells on Sunday at three Israeli positions in a disputed area along the country’s border with Syria’s Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.

Hezbollah said in a statement that the attack using “large numbers of rockets and shells” was in solidarity with the “Palestinian resistance.” It said the Israeli positions were directly hit.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My concern is depleting our strategic weapons stock piles even more substantially supporting two different conflicts.

Posts: 1753 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Isreal. This can get very bad very quick; they attacked in a well coordinated, and funded way ( partial funding from our President). We better take warning: with all of the terrorists who have crossed our border that we also could be targeted. Not only the Jewish communities and centers in the U.S. but look how their boarders were breached, Im sure the bad guys were paying attention.

Posts: 718 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Hamas really screwed the pooch. Hopefully what they did is the catalyst for their complete and utter destruction by Israel:

https://x.com/jackposobiec/sta...013015187759315?s=46

Posts: 34158 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Biden National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan (last week): "The Middle East region is quieter today than it has been in two decades"

video at

https://twitter.com/i/status/1710747691024879691

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Also:

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16864 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunnitt:
Prayers for Isreal. This can get very bad very quick; they attacked in a well coordinated, and funded way ( partial funding from our President). We better take warning: with all of the terrorists who have crossed our border that we also could be targeted. Not only the Jewish communities and centers in the U.S. but look how their boarders were breached, Im sure the bad guys were paying attention.

Well, at least we don't have to worry about our borders being 'breached'... Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9129 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
In a quiet move bypassing Republican obstructionism…

Mad Mad Mad

Cocksuckers!!

Posts: 17385 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I think it's time for the gloves to come off.

Quickly followed by a bunch of handwringing by the press types of the world warning about going too far. I hope the Israelis will give a prompt middle finger to that shit.

Given the history of being attacked on or around holidays, I can't shake the feeling that the Israelis were caught with their pants down on this one. I follow the IDF on social media. During these rocket attacks, they produce videos of Iron Dome intercepts. Nothing this time. And, a number of ground fighters spilling in. But, I have every confidence they will rebound and make them pay dearly. And, pay dearly they should.

Posts: 7597 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Biden National NO-Security Advisor Jake Sullivan (last week): "The Middle East region is quieter today than it has been in two decades"

Biden and his entire administration are the most incompetent people you could find, not a one seems to know what they are doing. Just like he and his village idiots saying our border is secure. A whole host of buffoons, they had to scrape the bottom of the barrel of monkeys to come up with these fools. Apparently in Washington DC you can find a whole host of inept people to pretty much screw up whatever they are tasked to do.

Prayers for Israel, notwithstanding their intelligence failures on this, I think they are going to put a big hurt on.
--------------------------

Death toll from Hamas onslaught passes 600, over 100 kidnapped, as Israel strikes Gaza
Over 2,000 wounded and relatives of missing issue impassioned pleas for help; IDF still working to clear terrorists from Israeli communities, over 34 hours after assault began.

Israel formally declared a state of war on Sunday as the death toll from an unprecedented Hamas attack a day earlier rose above 600, with the fate of over a hundred people abducted and taken to the Gaza Strip still unclear.

Israeli jets carried out “intense” airstrikes on targets in Gaza Sunday afternoon, shortly after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office announced that the security cabinet had voted Saturday evening to put the country officially at war, meaning it can carry out “significant military activities.”

Battles were ongoing Sunday in at least three communities near the Gaza border overrun by Hamas gunmen a day earlier, and rocket fire continued to dog Israeli communities as Israel girded for what was expected to be a prolonged campaign against the Gaza-based terror group.

In an assault of shocking breadth, Hamas gunmen rolled into as many as 22 locations in southern Israel on Saturday morning, including towns and smaller communities as far as 15 miles (24 kilometers) from the Gaza border. In some places, they roamed for hours, gunning down civilians and soldiers as Israel’s military scrambled to muster a response. At the same time, thousands of rockets were fired at towns in the south and center.

The scenes of chaos and suffering and the prolonged failure to gain control of the situation have shocked and outraged the nation, and sparked demands for answers on the many failures of intelligence, deployment and policy that had enabled such a national catastrophe, with hundreds of terrorists flooding civilian communities in armed convoys.

Officials estimated Sunday that over 600 people were killed in the massive assault launched by Hamas terrorists in Israeli communities near Gaza and by the thousands of rockets fired into Israel, making it the bloodiest day in the nation’s history, according to reports.

A spokesperson for ZAKA, a volunteer group that handles human remains after terror attacks and other disasters, told Hebrew media that the death toll rose sharply as Israeli teams managed to clear Hamas gunmen out of communities along the border and recover victims.

....All known hostage situations, which saw Israeli civilians held captive by Hamas gunmen in their towns, were resolved overnight, with army and police forces killing terrorists and rescuing their captives after hours-long standoffs in Sderot, Ofakim and Kibbutz Be’eri, where full IDF control was declared.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/...israel-strikes-gaza/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3802 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
In a quiet move bypassing Republican obstructionism…

I wonder if they are going to be ashamed and embarrassed of their democrat colleagues and call for a rules overhaul?

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3802 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
I am amazed that they haven't at least adopt the Swiss model and have all of those citizens (at least the former military) armed and prepared. Hopefully they will do that and more now.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Re: Hamas

“when people show you what they really are, you should believe them.“

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12374 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenpoist:
I am amazed that they haven't at least adopt the Swiss model and have all of those citizens (at least the former military) armed and prepared. Hopefully they will do that and more now.

Today they did that.

Multiple different ways to acquire arms have been opened up by Israel earlier today.

You can essentially apply for a permit and unless you're a criminal, you will receive your permit. Under all scenarios, you'll be approved within a week and they've also increased the round count from 50 to 100.

100 rounds in a time of war to face your enemy seems low but it's better than 50.

Posts: 4143 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
quote:
Originally posted by Kenpoist:

Today they did that.

Multiple different ways to acquire arms have been opened up by Israel earlier today.

You can essentially apply for a permit and unless you're a criminal, you will receive your permit. Under all scenarios, you'll be approved within a week and they've also increased the round count from 50 to 100.

100 rounds in a time of war to face your enemy seems low but it's better than 50.

It's still not that easy. You must show a need for the firearm. It's almost impossible for the ordinary citizen to get a pistol. Mostly ex-police get them.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39798 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'd say pretty much everybody over there has a pressing need right now Frown.

Posts: 8898 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Biden and his entire administration are the most incompetent people you could find, not a one seems to know what they are doing. Just like he and his village idiots saying our border is secure. A whole host of buffoons, they had to scrape the bottom of the barrel of monkeys to come up with these fools. Apparently in Washington DC you can find a whole host of inept people to pretty much screw up whatever they are tasked to do.

Obama's fingerprints are all over Biden's presidency, the $6 billion, the relief money to Palestine the other day, etc.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16864 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Giving Iran and others boatloads of money isn't exactly a new idea from the left. I don't understand what they are trying to achieve by doing so.

I remember seeing an IDF video about how much food and medicine flows from Israel to the Gaza Strip. Perhaps it's time that stops. If Iran can arm these people they can feed them too.

Posts: 7597 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post