SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15504 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
^^^ Too proportional. The Find Out needs to exceed the Fuck Around at least ten-fold, IMO.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5497 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
OK, I found the actual car dash camera footage capturing the militants executing innocent civilians at the music festival.

It's all real and not rumors.

Dome of the rock needs to be erased, NOW.

That stupid meteor thing in mecca needs to be ash, YESTERDAY.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34242 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^ I said on 9/11 that we needed to nuke Mecca. W/o their famous place to go to their five tenets won’t endure.

I’m with ya marsy

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11380 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
^^^ Too proportional. The Find Out needs to exceed the Fuck Around at least ten-fold, IMO.

With any luck the IDF will make it a logarithmic curve (upwards, and to the right).

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2551 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Palestinians, meanwhile, have claimed that 493 people have died in Gaza, with a further 2,751 wounded

It’s a start.

More videos coming out today, lots of stuff getting pulled down. It’s bad. Real bad.

I can’t put into words how I feel about all this stuff, and I’m not going to try here. I’m not Israeli, I’m not Jewish, but to me, this is worse than 9/11. If they can, they’ll come flooding into your communities and your homes, kill the men and take your women and children. The way we’ve been dealing with this the past twenty two years and much more has been all wrong.

Posts: 17385 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's all real and not rumors.

https://www.breitbart.com/euro...-left-hundreds-dead/

Survivors of an attack on a music festival in Southern Israel by Hamas terrorists claimed that it was like a “horror movie” as hundreds of dead bodies have been recovered and others are believed to have been taken hostage by Islamist Palestinians.

On Saturday, the Supernova music festival attended by approximately 3,000 people in the Negev desert near Kibbutz Re’im quickly turned from a joyous occasion marking the Jewish holiday of Sukkot into a “massacre” as Hamas terrorists raided the event from the nearby Gaza Strip

Although no official numbers on the number of dead, injured, or kidnapped have been released, an emergency medic named Yaniv who came to the scene of the atrocity told public broadcaster Kan News: “There are at least 200 bodies of Israelis in the area I was in.”

“It was a massacre,” Yaniv continued. “I’ve never seen anything like it in my life. It was a planned ambush. As people came out of the emergency exits, squads of terrorists were waiting for them there and just started picking them off.

“There were 3,000 people at the event, so they probably knew it. They had intelligence information.”

According to the volunteer group ZAKA, which assists in handling the dead in the wake of terror attacks and natural disasters, at least 250 bodies have been recovered from the site of the music festival so far

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

The creation, establishment, and existence of Israel is actually a fascinating story if you're willing to do the research.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...760089305#7760089305

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31016 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6268 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
liberal DEM Cory Booker was in Israel

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-the-attack-n2629563

Two Democratic lawmakers who were in Israel at the time of Hamas’s unprecedented attack over the weekend have safely returned to the U.S.

Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ), a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, arrived in Jerusalem on Friday for meetings ahead of an economic summit that was scheduled to take place in Tel Aviv on Tuesday.

“I was in Israel when the horrific attacks carried out by Hamas started on Saturday,” Booker said. “My team and I are now safe, but like many we are shaken, angered, and heartbroken by the hundreds killed, the thousands injured, those taken hostage, and all who are directly affected by these sickening terrorist attacks.

After this experience, more than ever, I am committed to working with my colleagues in the Senate to continue supporting Israel’s security and ensuring stability in the region — and I hope one day soon, a long-term and just peace in the region.”

Booker had been on a run when he received a call from his chief of staff that Israel was being attacked and he needed to urgently return to the hotel. Once he came back, the senator hid in the hotel’s stairwell along with other guests.

“I emphatically condemn Hamas’ horrific acts of violence, kidnapping and terror targeting Israeli families, children and other civilians in towns and cities across the nation of Israel," Booker said. "I stand with the people of Israel and the families of those who have lost loved ones."

Democrat Rep. Dan Goldman of New York was also in Israel for a Bar Mitzvah with his wife and children during the invasion.

“Congressman Goldman and his family sheltered from Hamas rocket fire in their hotel’s interior stairwell until early Sunday morning, when they were able to safely depart for New York,” the lawmaker's spokesperson, Simone Kanter, said in a statement.

“At a minimum, Congress must replenish — and expand — the Iron Dome as soon as possible,” Goldman posted on X, early Sunday morning. “I hope Republicans can get their House in order so we can pass emergency legislation to assist Israel in defending herself.”

never waste a chance to take a shot at REPs. Goldman is a real POS

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
https://t.me/ILtoday/2482

Moto cops aren't messing around

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3614 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
liberal DEM Cory Booker was in Israel

“I hope Republicans can get their House in order so we can pass emergency legislation to assist Israel in defending herself.”

never waste a chance to take a shot at REPs. Goldman is a real POS
WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!? Oh absolutely FHATHHRIO. Mad Mad Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.timesofisrael.com/...tages-senior-source/

Israel has decided that its attacks on terrorist targets in Gaza will be carried out with great force and breadth, even at the cost of harming Israelis who are being held captive in Gaza, a senior government source tells reporters.

The source clarifies that if Israel has precise intelligence information on the location of Israeli captives, it will of course refrain from attacking in that specific location. But so long as no such information exists, all Hamas targets will be attacked.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Israel has a serious problem with the Hamas, Hezbollah and associated groups who have perpetrated this and many other attacks.

As I see it, hey are in a situation not unlike the U.S. found itself in Vietnam with the NVA and Vietcong. We all know from history that the Vietcong were everywhere. Most villages were infiltrated and even women doing the laundry at U.S. bases maybe the ones found dead on the wire the next morning after an attack. Hamas and these other groups have done the same thing.

One big difference is that, except for pacification purposes, the VC typically was attacking military installations. Hamas & Hezbollah attack civilian targets and pray on innocents.

Many might say "Kill them all...." Well, fine that is a great sounding thing but now you are talking genocide. Something that Jewish people are a bit sensitive to, and rightly so. I'm sure in the middle east there are Muslims who really don't care, just want to be left alone, live their lives, tend their herds and crops and try and enjoy life... just like many civilians were in Vietnam.

How do you tell the difference? How do you prevent an incident like the My Lai massacre? Want to assure you lose all support from the world, pull one of those.

Is the world outraged at Hamas for what they're doing. Of course, but it's a group not a country. Same issue, as with the VC. As soon as they are targeted for an attack or even scrutiny they fade away.

Make no mistake. Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon and Iraq learned the hard way that direct military action against Israel will fail. They developed the Palestinians into their own VC to do the dirty work for them, potentially weaken Israel enough for them to swoop in and finish the job. That is all wrapped in the neat little Islamic zealot package. Slaughter in the name of Allah and if you're killed you get your 72 virgins in paradise. That is a tougher ideology than just people committed to communism.

In my opinion the larger issue lies in one of the unique attitudes with the Islamic zealots. They can murder 500 innocent women and children and its ALLU ACKBAR!!!! but you injure one of their people in a counter attack and a huge number of them are suddenly YOU ATTACKED US!!! I KILL YOU!!!!!! I KILL YOU!!!. Why is that an issue? Even if you are very successful in killing a large number of them, even high ranking ones, those who remain will be even more dedicated to the cause, and likely a lot of moderates get swayed into it simply because an infidel killed a Muslim. They will fade into the caves for months, years, even decades and come out all frothing at the mouth ready to fight.

So.... with that all said. How on earth do you deal with this type of attack? How do you deal with not knowing who is a combatant and who isn't? How do you avoid a My Lai, even when they are doing it to you? How do you shut this down when every effort so far, seems to fuel the fire?

What is the answer here?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38066 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
At some point it seems the best alternative would be to drive all palestinians out of gaza, including those who are so called "against" their own hamas government, completely bulldoze it, give it a new name, and completely replace it with Israeli citizens. In other words, extend Israel to completely take it over the land to include regular businesses, suburbs, etc. Perhaps a good name for the former gaza area could be called "Israel". It needs to be completely bulldozed, rebuilt, and only Israelis may occupy it afterward, no more Palestinians may ever live there again. If they just destroy Hamas proper, the Palestinians who remain will be pissed and eventually regroup to kill more Israelis again. It seems the standard rule of the definition Insanity would apply here.

So exactly why is that a bad plan ?

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8771 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
We need Trump back more so than ever before.

https://x.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/s...423504719990938?s=20

Posts: 34160 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I suppose this administration is going to ignore the fact that Hamas also killed at least nine Americans. I know they are busy with BBQ's and all but Sholdn't Iran pay a price? Biden is probably busy looting the DOD so he can offer Iran billions for the American hostages that were kidnapped.

Posts: 7728 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Rightwire, great post. As inclined as I've been to post here prior to this, you seem to have nailed what I would have stumbled to say.

Everyone wants simple things that work, but we live in a complex reality. Sucks.

Posts: 7498 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
How do you shut this down when every effort so far, seems to fuel the fire?

What is the answer here?

Napalm. Millions of gallons of napalm.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34242 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post