SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 174
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Want to pose a hypothetical question

Supposed right after Pearl Harbor the Japanese demanded a ceasefire?

What do you think our response would have been?

Why is Israel any different?

It’s a war and people are going to die. That’s just the way it is. The libtards need to suck it up because they may be next

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhtagmember,

Posts: 53809 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Pearl harbor was a legitimate military target, plus I don't remember the Japanese raping anyone, killing civilians, mutilating anyone, or abducting grandmothers and children.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21122 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Pearl harbor was a legitimate military target, plus I don't remember the Japanese raping anyone, killing civilians, mutilating anyone, or abducting grandmothers and children.

Nanking...

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39873 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
watch Susan Collins face

^^^^^^^^^^^
Does she have Parkinsons Disease??

Posts: 17503 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
video:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1719306799298310450

and

Operational Update with an IDF Spokesperson, LTC Jonathan Conricus

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1YqJDgvbwNVGV

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
plus I don't remember the Japanese raping anyone, killing civilians, mutilating anyone, or abducting grandmothers and children.

The Japanese did those very things all throughout China, Korea, Burma, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Indochina. An estimated 10 million civilians slaughtered, and an untold number of rapes, mutilations, tortures, and forcible relocations.

Posts: 33069 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
quote:

Nanking...

My point was that if the attack was mostly on military targets and without the extracurriculars then Pearl Harbor response would be warranted, but unlikely. I was not talking about the entirety of the war, just the first strike. The depravity and heinousness of these attacks show that there is little chance of armistice or peace and that Isreal must completely root out the cancer that is hamas.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21122 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
You don't remember these things because you are not informed. The Japanese were horrifically brutal to the peoples they conquered.

Posts: 109097 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was not talking about the entirety of the war, just the first strike.

While Pearl Harbor was the initial Japanese strike against the US, they had been at war since their invasion of China in July 1937, and had been raping, murdering, and pillaging their way through China for over 4 years by the time Pearl Harbor rolled around.

Posts: 33069 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm most certainly aware. I didn't express what I was trying to say I guess. Pearl Harbor was a military target and we responded with the might of the entire country. This was something different and combined with the history of ever escalating attacks deserves additional resolve and dedication.

Our response was not based on other atrocities.

I'm saying it's equally ridiculous to expect Isreal to agree to a ceasefire if not more so than it would have been for us to.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nanking massacre.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1607 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
quote:

Nanking massacre.

I'm pretty sure that didn't happen in Hawaii...

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good grief

Let's just move on, please. I don't even know what we're talking about here.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
You don't remember these things because you are not informed. The Japanese were horrifically brutal to the peoples they conquered.

One of my college professors was badly crippled as a result of brutal maltreatment by the Japanese on the Bataan Death March. Yet he was one of the lucky ones. Many American POWs suffered grim deaths.

“Sources also report widely differing prisoner of war casualties prior to reaching Camp O'Donnell: from 5,000 to 18,000 Filipino deaths and 500 to 650 American deaths during the march.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bataan_Death_March

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9452 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Invest the three and a half minutes to listen to VDH.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Arrested

Patrick Dai, a Cornell student and "safety officer" has been arrested for making the series of online threats about murdering Jews.

https://twitter.com/StopAntise.../1719529211231195442

Press Release, U.S. Attorney's Office, Northern District of New York

SYRACUSE, NEW YORK – Patrick Dai, age 21, a junior at Cornell University who is originally from Pittsford, New York, was arrested today on a federal criminal complaint charging him with posting threats to kill or injure another using interstate communications. The announcement was made by United States Attorney Carla B. Freedman; Alfred Watson, Acting Special Agent in Charge of the Albany Field Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI); New York State Police Acting Superintendent Dominick L. Chiumento; and Cornell University Police Chief Anthony Bellamy.

The complaint alleges that Dai posted threatening messages to the Cornell section of an online discussion site, including posts calling for the deaths of Jewish people and a post that said “gonna shoot up 104 west.” According to information provided by Cornell University Police and other public information, 104 West is a Cornell University dining hall that caters predominantly to Kosher diets and is located next to the Cornell Jewish Center, which provides residences for Cornell students. In another post, Dai allegedly threatened to “stab” and “slit the throat” of any Jewish males he sees on campus, to rape and throw off a cliff any Jewish females, and to behead any Jewish babies. In that same post, Dai threatened to “bring an assault rifle to campus and shoot all you pig jews.” The charges and the allegations in the complaint are merely accusations. The defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.

The charge filed against Dai carries a maximum term of 5 years in prison, a fine of up to $250,000, and a term of supervised release of up to 3 years. A defendant’s sentence is imposed by a judge based on the particular statute the defendant is charged with violating, the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other factors.

Dai is expected to make his initial appearance tomorrow in federal court in Syracuse, New York, before a United States Magistrate Judge.

The FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF), which includes the New York State Police, is investigating this case along with the Cornell University Police Department and the Ithaca Police Department. The United States Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of New York is prosecuting the case, in conjunction with the Counterterrorism Section of the Department of Justice.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, Patrick, all that tough talk and now you’re gonna get to learn just how hard you really are. Looks like the OG’s are gonna have fun with your ass.

Posts: 17656 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I don't think this surge of college students across the nation supporting Hamas and choosing not to believe the atrocities they perpetrated is an accident or coincidence.

This seems like a chapter out of the General Giap playbook in modern times.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38221 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's no longer called a ceasefire. Now it's a "Humanitarian pause".
Fuck them. I hope Israel Doesn't let off the gas for ten seconds until they are satisfied.

Read the book The rape of Nanking by Iris Chang.

Posts: 1328 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post