SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Iran launches hundreds of suicide drones to attack Israel — Netanyahu says IDF prepared to respond

Report: Iran begins attack on Israel, launching dozens of drones that’ll take hours to arrive

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9132 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...=breaking_news_email

This is where the Bullet hits the Bone...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8478 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The drones apparently have been launched but will take several hours to arrive. Both the US and Israel believe that they'll be able to shoot them down.

The Israeli military says Iran has launched a number of drones toward Israel.

The army's spokesman, Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari, said it would take several hours for the aircraft to arrive. He said Israel was prepared. He spoke Saturday evening.

Israel has been on heightened alert since an airstrike last week killed two Iranian generals in Syria. Iran accused Israel of being behind the attack and vowed revenge. Israel has not commented on that attack.

https://scrippsnews.com/storie...ed-drones-at-israel/

Seems half assed. I can't imagine just launching some slow speed drones. I wonder if they will later launch missiles to arrive at same time to confuse Iron Dome and other anti middle/aircraft defensive weapons?

If that's all they are doing and Isreal shoots them down then it just makes Iran look weak and renders the attack useless.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20940 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I THINK fox just announced that cruise missles are now also inbound into Israel.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8771 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Earlier Saturday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel had for weeks "been preparing for the possibility of a direct attack from Iran."

The Prime Minister said Israel's "air defenses are deployed, we are ready for any scenario, both in attack and in defense."

"I established a clear principle -- whoever hurts us, we hurt him. We will protect ourselves from any threat and we will do so with coolness and determination," he said.

Israel has not claimed responsibility for the attack on Iran's consulate in Damascus.

Saturday night's attack came just hours after President Biden cut short a weekend trip to his Delaware beach house and returned to the White House to monitor the unfolding crisis.

Earlier this week, Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei had promised to retaliate against Israel, saying "it will be punished" for the April 1 strike in Damascus that he described as a "wrongdoing" and akin to an attack on Iran itself.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/...ria-consulate-strike

Iran’s Revolutionary Guards seized an Israeli-linked container ship in a helicopter operation near the Strait of Hormuz, state news agency IRNA reported, with tensions already high after Iran warned it would retaliate for a suspected Israeli strike on its consulate in Syria.

IRNA reported that Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Navy seized the Portuguese-flagged MSC Aries, which is now being “directed back to Iranian territorial waters.”

According to IRNA, the vessel is managed by the Zodiac Maritime, a company linked to Israeli businessman Eyal Ofer.

Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) has confirmed the seizure, saying there are 25 crew on board. Portugal’s government said that it was in touch with the Iranian authorities.

The Strait of Hormuz, at the northern end of the Gulf of Oman, is the biggest oil chokepoint in the world. About 20% of the world’s daily consumption of oil passes through it every day.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/13...rael-intl/index.html

Posts: 19702 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/AAhronheim...n-halt-attack-israel

9 hours?
Kind of a slow-motion attack?

And... a confused Biden says:
Don't!

https://twitter.com/bennyjohns...n-halt-attack-israel

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24328 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
CNN

Iran launches cruise missiles in addition to drones, Israeli media says

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast...-04-13-24/index.html

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
9 hours?
Kind of a slow-motion attack?

About 100mph if it was going from Tehran to Tel Aviv.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20940 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to a CIA talking head the purpose of the drone attack is to stress the Israeli air defense and see the result. They really arent expecting a lot of damage with the first wave. It's also interesting that the attack was launched from iran and not by one of their proxy terrorist groups. Now I see that cruise missles have been added the mix.

Posts: 1059 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
^^^^Regarding the SPR; It is the STATEGIC petroleum reserve. Not the get gas prices lower petroleum reserve. It does NOT need to be drawn down for any reason except if needed to fuel our military or to provide crude temporarily in the case of a disaster that takes out crude production. It needs to be filled and left the hell alone.
Agree, but you're missing the 3rd reason which is rotation via planned sales.

The surprising thing is the political assclowns actually got lucky (i.e. it wasn't their intention) when they sold high and bought low '22 to '24 (crude oil in yellow):

quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Serious, but probably dumb question, about the SPR: does the oil have shelf life? Is there a benefit to rotating it?

Like I said, probably a dumb question since it was sitting in one hole in the ground for millions of years before being transferred to another hole in the ground, but I don’t know.
Not a dumb question at all.

The answer is yes that there is a benefit in rotating it as there is storage loss from evaporation of the volatile compounds. It gets real complex, real fast to determine the ideal rotation rate as there are several factors at play:
  • There are well over 200 named specifications for crude oil (e.g. WTI and Brent). They all vary on the amount of light atoms and heavy atoms, and the quick and most frequently used measurement is API gravity. It's a decent approximation for Reid Vapor Pressure.
  • Weather. More losses in the summer than in the winter.
  • Different tank styles have different evaporation rates. The SPR venting losses on caverns is not my area of expertise.
  • The SPR is not just caverns, it also consists of above ground storage tanks.

This paper by Chesapeake is pretty good if you're interested in a more technical explanation of storage losses.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23447 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Ammoholic
    Picture of Skins2881
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    The surprising thing is the political assclowns actually got lucky (i.e. it wasn't their intention) when they sold high and bought low when looking at '22 to '24.

The WH/FJB just recently called off resupplying the SPR.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of wrightd
    posted Hide Post
    Wow, this stuff is moving fast.

Posts: 8771 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    wishing we
    were congress
    posted Hide Post

Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Skins2881:
    quote:
    The surprising thing is the political assclowns actually got lucky (i.e. it wasn't their intention) when they sold high and bought low when looking at '22 to '24.

The WH/FJB just recently called off resupplying the SPR.
    They're trying to impress the uninformed and say it was to make wise use of taxpayers money. They cancelled buying a paltry 3 million barrels during peak hurricane season Aug and Sept.

They should've been trying to get it to 600 million barrels before GoM peak hurricane season. The 4 SPRs are there as well as it's where the most refining capacity is in the US.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23447 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    I am sick and tired of hearing this "WWIII" shit everywhere I go online. EVERYBODY is a freaking expert. Roll Eyes

Can we please get a fucking grip? This Middle East stuff has been going on forever.

You want to worry? If Iran gets the bomb, then you'll have something to worry about, if they can deliver it and if they're crazy enough to commit suicide.

Please, let's get a grip, gentlemen. It's almost as if people want a gobal conflict, without having a clue what that actually means. North Korea? WWIII!! Ukraine/Russia? WWIII!! Israel/Iran? WWIII!!

For the love of God, stop allowing yourself to be drug around by the nose by all the fear mongers.

Posts: 108289 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Get on the fifty!
    Picture of Andyb
    posted Hide Post
    Ballistic missiles from Iran now in the air from what I'm reading.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3614 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    They're clowns, guys.

Posts: 108289 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of wrightd
    posted Hide Post
    I have a feeling that Israel will at some point retaliate, given the current situation, sooner or later, but it will be perfectly calculated to Israel's desired affect politically and militarily. This may be Iran's best chance to get in early on some brand new parking lots, free of charge, though fresh asphalt will probably cost more.

Speling Champ
    posted Hide Post
    They are clowns.

But they are also batshit crazy. Piggybacking chemical, biological or radiological material on the incoming ordnance would be a colossally stupid move, but not one I would put past them.

WWIII? No, I agree. Making a messy local situation worse by expanding things to a much larger regional level. Possibly. A lot depends on the WH and the clueless, inept fools currently squatting there.

As to Iran itself; we've been at war with them since 1979 and the hostage situation. Since then they've killed countless Americans in countless acts of aggression and terrorism. Every administration from Carter to Two-Scoops bears some of that blame and responsibility.

Why we are so afraid to take the gloves off when it comes to Iran is a mystery to me. Most people don't have any realistic concept of just how lethally efficient and powerful the US Military really is. If we were to "go to war" with Iran, actually turn the US Military loose and let them do the voodoo they do, that so called war would last about a day, with a long lunch break thrown in.

If any nation on this earth has earned the full weight and wrath of the US Military it is the fucktarded fanatics that reside in Tehran.

The next few hours are going to be interesting in any case.

Posts: 1615 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Live Slow,
    Die Whenever
    Picture of medic451
    posted Hide Post
    Coming Soon-

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
    - John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3463 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post