SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
This is exactly what needs to happen here. Get in their faces and make them regret their decision to do dumb shit. I’m sure it’ll all come to a head eventually, but for now, making these idiots social media famous is what we need, especially if it leads to a job loss!

Posts: 2844 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The Israel Defense Forces' troops are "operating forcefully" on all fronts in order to fulfill its goals in the war with Hamas, and will "continue striking Gaza City and keep calling upon civilians to evacuate south," IDF spokesperson Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari said Friday.

Asked about a possible deal to release the over 200 hostages being held in Gaza, Hagari told reporters to "disregard rumors," claiming Hamas is using psychological terror.

On the ground in Israel: As the IDF announced it was expanding ground operations in Gaza, sirens indicating incoming rockets sounded in the Israeli city of Ashkelon Friday night.

A CNN team on the ground heard a loud boom, potentially from Israel’s Iron Dome air defense system intercepting a rocket.

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast...-10-27-23/index.html

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) announced Friday that they are "expanding ground operations" in the Gaza Strip, according IDF spokesperson Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari.

“In addition to offensive operations we carried over the past few days, the IDF ground forces are expanding their ground operation this evening,” Hagari said.

“Hundreds of thousands of IDF soldiers are all around the borders of the state — in the air, ground, and the sea — to protect the state," he added.

The announcement comes as CNN reports a large series of explosions rocked Gaza City on Friday night.

Jawwal, the Palestinian telecom company that provides mobile service to the Gaza Strip released a statement Friday night, saying "the intense bombardment in the past hour has resulted in the destruction of all remaining international routes connecting Gaza with the outside world" leading to a "complete interruption of telecommunications services."

Posts: 19711 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hamas spokesman storms out of BBC interview when asked about killing Israeli civilians
quote:
Prompting the sparring between the spokesman and BBC reporter in the now viral clip, Hamad claimed that the Oct. 7 attack "was a military operation."
Lying bastard. Your mother was a goat.

A Hamas spokesperson stormed out of a BBC interview on Thursday when asked about how the terror group justified killing civilians in its Oct. 7 attack against Israel.

During an interview with BBC Middle East reporter Hugo Bachega, Deputy Foreign Minister for Hamas Ghazi Hamad insisted that his group’s attack on Israel that resulted in the murders of around 1,400 people was focused on military targets.

He claimed that there was "no command" to kill innocent people.

When Bachega pressed him on the fact that Hamas fighters targeted civilians during their invasion into neighborhoods in southern Israel, Hamad refused to continue with the discussion and left.

Prompting the sparring between the spokesman and BBC reporter in the now viral clip, Hamad claimed that the Oct. 7 attack "was a military operation."

"It was directed for military purposes, for the military sites," he insisted, before Bachega cut him off, stating, "But hundreds of civilians were killed."

Hamad sidestepped the interruption and pressed on, adding that Hamas’ attack was also against the "military soldiers who imposed sanctions and collective punishment against our people."

Again, the Hamas spokesperson said the attack was not aimed at civilians, stating, "And I think from the first moment, we declared that this operation was not directed to the civilians. But I can confirm and assure again and again that there was no command, no command to kill any civilians."

After the attack, it was reported that multiple Hamas units were given orders to target elementary schools and youth centers. Documents recovered from the bodies of dead militants revealed an order to "kill as many people as possible," in addition to seizing hostages.

Elsewhere in the BBC interview, Bachega asked Hamad, "How do you justify killing people as they sleep? You know, families? How do you justify—?" At that moment, Hamad turned and said, "I want to stop this interview."

The segment ended with Hamad repeating, "I want to stop this interview." He then took the microphone off of his jacket and threw it onto the floor before leaving.

Posts: 108317 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Glad to see these poster rippers getting what they deserve:

“ in a minute, I’m gonna litter the ground with you!”

That's 100% New Yorker right there. The good kind. Love it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30691 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Post.

I'm not an expert, and I wouldn't claim to be, but I've done more studying of both WWII and the Holocaust than the average American. How it was done, yes, but more importantly why it was done.

There's no singular horror committed in WWII that I can think of that wasn't preceded by a widespread dehumanizing of those viewed as the enemy they were visited upon.

I'm fully on Israel's side and I think they need to do what they need to do, but I pause when I see people advocating carpet-bombing, gassing people, and killing children. In short, genocide. There's a sick mindset deeply rooted in the people of 'Palesine,' and I don't profess to have the answers, but I can tell you that some of the things espoused in this thread are anathema to what I understand to be the core founding ideals of Israel. If you disagree, I recommend Hitler's Willing Executions as a fantastic place to start reading. When you finish that one, pick up Ordinary Men by Christopher Browning.

Where we fit in there with firebombing cities like Dresden and Tokyo, and our adventures galivanting about the middle east for several generations is a whole other matter. If you want to insinuate that I'm unread or naive about war and the history of it, then my point sailed right over your head. To wit:

quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Regarding rat poison, I didn't see that and I'm not sure how it would be used.

Zyklon B was really cheap. It was ultimately an economical question.

Posts: 17392 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
“ in a minute, I’m gonna litter the ground with you!”

God bless you sir, this is the only thing I like about New York; Real Americans.
That fat fuck was within microseconds of tasting America.

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1332 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Some people can only learn the hard way. I wish he had gotten his assed kicked by those real Americans.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1880 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Some people can only learn the hard way. I wish he had gotten his assed kicked by those real Americans.

They would be labeled as racist xenophobes. They did alright, fucko got the message.

Posts: 5191 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Post.

I'm not an expert, and I wouldn't claim to be, but I've done more studying of both WWII and the Holocaust than the average American. How it was done, yes, but more importantly why it was done.

There's no singular horror committed in WWII that I can think of that wasn't preceded by a widespread dehumanizing of those viewed as the enemy they were visited upon.

I'm fully on Israel's side and I think they need to do what they need to do, but I pause when I see people advocating carpet-bombing, gassing people, and killing children. In short, genocide. There's a sick mindset deeply rooted in the people of 'Palesine,' and I don't profess to have the answers, but I can tell you that some of the things espoused in this thread are anathema to what I understand to be the core founding ideals of Israel. If you disagree, I recommend Hitler's Willing Executions as a fantastic place to start reading. When you finish that one, pick up Ordinary Men by Christopher Browning.

Where we fit in there with firebombing cities like Dresden and Tokyo, and our adventures galivanting about the middle east for several generations is a whole other matter. If you want to insinuate that I'm unread or naive about war and the history of it, then my point sailed right over your head. To wit:

quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Regarding rat poison, I didn't see that and I'm not sure how it would be used.

Zyklon B was really cheap. It was ultimately an economical question.

I was commenting mostly on the last sentence of your post. I am not suggesting gassing tunnels; carpet bombing; nuke/pave; or any of the more drastic things suggested in this thread.

My question is why does Isreal specifically have to "be real careful?" They were attacked and are at war, no one would have suggested we "be real careful" after 9/11 or Pearl Harbor. No one is telling Ukraine to "be real careful." Alqaeda posed no real threat to us yet we hunted them down and killed civilians in the process, hell we started two wars halfway across the planet over it. This attack came from a stones throw away from a group that is vowing to eradicate the Jewish population from Israel from the river to the sea.

So what is it about this one particular war that is causing everyone to say that the country attacked needs "to be real careful?" Why is it? It doesn't make sense to me at all. I can't think of any other time hearing that statement when a country went to war? What is the big difference here?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20950 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's move on, please.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Let's move on, please.

Why? It's a valid question.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20950 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:

And THIS is how the left is going to spin for their hate of Jews.
Leftist are terrorists. They are just in denial.
Fucking military operation, right out of the russian playbook.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39802 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Neighborhood Bully by Bob Dylan (1983), still pertinent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxzENmD0UIE

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8586 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whether on purpose or coincidentally cutting communication if Israel is expanding the ground offensive makes sense.

quote:
Internet blackout in Gaza as Israel expands operations

10/27/2023 03:50 PM EDT
"A Palestinian telecommunications company said that “the heavy bombardment of the last hour has caused the destruction of all remaining international tracks linking Gaza to the outside world.”"

https://www.politico.com/news/...l-hamas-war-00124029

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13433 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Hell is coming to breakfast.

Posts: 20273 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yup, buckle up.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5092 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...nternet-cut-IDF.html

'Hamas will feel our wrath tonight' warns Israel as it unleashes 'unprecedented' airstrikes on Gaza: IDF steps up ground operations and tells Palestinians to flee south NOW as invasion looms with phone lines and internet 'cut' across the city

several videos at link

Hamas will feel Israel's 'wrath', a top political adviser to Benjamin Netanyahu warned as Israeli warplanes tonight unleashed airstrikes of 'unprecedented' intensity across all parts of the Gaza strip.

The relentless bombardment came as Israeli defence chiefs confirmed IDF troops were 'expanding operations' across the enclave, in a move military experts say signalled the impending full-scale ground invasion of the territory.

Ahead of the onslaught, Palestinian civilians were warned by the IDF to flee to the south of Gaza, before missiles then slammed into the Hamas-controlled region, razing buildings to the ground and bathing the skyline in an apocalyptic orange glow, as fire raged.

The bombing, which observers described as much more ferocious and louder than previous days, coincided with electricity and communications blackouts in much of the besieged enclave.

According to one report the Israelis even unleashed 'bunker buster' concussion missiles to try and destroy the extensive Hamas tunnel network under Gaza.

IDF spokesperson Daniel Hagari telling reporters at a press conference today: 'In recent hours we have increased the attacks in Gaza.

'The air force widely attacks underground targets and terrorist infrastructure, very significantly.

It was not clear whether the latest development in the bloodiest conflict between Hamas and Israel was a threat of a full invasion or a bigger but similar 'probe' to those launched on Wednesday and Thursday nights, with the troops returning by dawn.

Former General Wesley Clark, former NATO Allied Commander told CNN he believed the operation was a preparatory 'softening up' operation, rather than the full-scale invasion, adding that each probe yielded vital intelligence about how the Hamas defenders reacted.

almost 5am in Gaza

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/john-s-2/20...to-draft-202-n588132

IDF spokesman Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari briefed international reporters Friday and said Hamas has placed its main base of terror operations beneath the largest hospital in Gaza.

Hagari said Shifa Hospital, which has over 1,500 beds and 4,000 staff, houses an “underground terror complex” used by the Islamist group to plan attacks on Israel. He referred to Israeli intelligence reports that Hamas uses an expansive network of tunnels connecting hospitals in Gaza from which to plan and launch rocket attacks targeting residential areas in Israel. He said that terrorists do not need to enter the hospital from outside to reach the tunnels, but there is an entrance to the underground complex inside the hospital wards.

“We have concrete evidence that hundreds of terrorists flooded into the hospital to hide there after the massacres of October 7,” Hagari said…

“Hamas uses Shifa hospital as a shield for Hamas terror infrastructure,” Hagari said.

video at link

During the presentation they also played two call intercepts. In the first, two individuals discuss the alleged lack of fuel in Gaza. The two people speaking aren’t identified but an unnamed “energy officials” says there is lots of fuel in the underground tunnels for Hamas and that they will be fine no matter what happens to civilians.

More than 50,000 displaced Palestinians have taken refuge at the al-Shifa Hospital, squeezing in corridors, waiting rooms and outside in the courtyard.

50,000 ?

The hospital, which is barely functioning on solar-powered generators, is in a state of collapse like the rest of the healthcare system in the Gaza Strip.

But for many families, they preferred to stay in the hospital, believing it to be a safer option than heading down south to Khan Younis. Still, the living conditions are far from ideal, due to lack of clean water and adequate shelter.

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7308 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post