SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Ben Shapiro has a live Spaces discussion on X right now, w Douglas Murray and other good guys. They’re talking about Iran’s ballistic missile attack on all of Israel, and the implications of recent Israeli actions to restore their deterrent strength.
X is now the place to go for news.

Posts: 18381 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^
Link?

Posts: 12583 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shapiro

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 965 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
reminds me when this song came out in 1980 during the Iranian Hostage crisis,

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
Let's see here, Isreal crippled Hezbollah in LEBANON. No attacks on Iran. But IRAN is retaliating.

If they had any inkling of pretending they are not funding Hezbollah and Hamas, they are giving up on that entire line of argument.

Posts: 4956 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Let's see here, Isreal crippled Hezbollah in LEBANON. No attacks on Iran. But IRAN is retaliating.

If they had any inkling of pretending they are not funding Hezbollah and Hamas, they are giving up on that entire line of argument.

Did / does anybody in the world think they're not?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Loudoun VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Khamenei moved to a secure location?? *lol* How did that work out for Hezbollah?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1903 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

Did / does anybody in the world think they're not?

No, but it's a hell of lot easier to justify retaliating against a direct attack than a proxy.

Had Iran not done anything, Israel would face a lot of resistance if they attacked Iran. Perhaps delayed aid from the U.S.

Now they are completely justified in bombing Iran directly. And this time, they should go for those in charge.

Posts: 4956 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I guess the only casualty (dead) was a palestinian.
Not sure if this is real but I'm posting anyways:

https://x.com/MOSSADil/status/1841209347537347029

https://x.com/TheMossadIL/status/1841204215903121898

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4364 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
...a pali.
Don't use such language in this forum.

Posts: 109159 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Got it. Fixed.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
...a pali.
Don't use such language in this forum.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4364 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they can salvage that rocket body and try to use it again...that pedestrian cushioned the blow otherwise it may have done some real damage to the rocket...

Posts: 53849 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
Who's anticipating the Grand Opening of the Khomeini Memorial Glass Works in downtown Tehran?

That’s would be really bad. Israel launching a nuclear attack would cause a lot of issues globally.

I would guess, and hope, that they bomb the ever living shit out of Tehran , but I pray that this doesn’t turn nuclear. That changes so many things in such a way that cannot be undone.

There are many agreements to not use nuclear powers, and in using them, would cause many countries that support, or don’t object against Israel, to denounce them and stop all support, if not turn against them.

Let’s just hope that the IDF has some more pager style tricks they have planted, and wipe out the leading politicians and religious leaders in Tehran.

I echo your sentiments.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20075 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
As reasoned above, any meaningful support would dry up. Now if, Iran managed a nuclear detonation in Israel, and it was provable?

I have always heard any not terribly large nuke would pound Tehran multiple times due to it's proximity to the mountain range.

They don't need nukes in this anyway.

Posts: 7409 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this is another strike or a different angle of the one from earlier. Says an airport got hit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ThatsInsane/s/Yd7ldeKl7G

Posts: 17674 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My opinion:

Israel would only resort to nuclear in the event that Israel was itself in imminent danger of its own destruction.

If Iran was absolutely known to have a functional nuclear weapon, that would not be only a threat to Israel, but to United States forces, our allies and even Continental USA territory as well.

As Masaad Ayóob talks about in his courses, deadly force is justifiable “In the gravest extreme.” That is the only reason the Israeli command would use nuclear weapons.

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2159 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Iran is absolutely RIDDLED with Mossad spies. If Iran was even fractionally close to manufacturing a nuke, either the world would know about it in short time or the facility where it was being finalized would have already been reduced to smoking rubble. Personally, I’m more concerned that Iran will acquire nuclear weapons from an outside player like Russia, Pakistan, or even China to name a few.

It would be a huge error for Israel to touch off a nuke anywhere but inside its own established and globally recognized borders in an effort to destroy an invading horde (which I am confident they could eradicate by conventional means anyway). I do not believe they ever will if their success in dominating terrorist forces are any indicator.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Israel can achieve the same goal with conventional munitions and some very focused strike teams. No need to go to the big red balloon. China and Russia - that’s another story.

My guess is that they’re already moving assets around to do a coordinated leadership hit - take as many out all on the same day. All the way to the top.

Posts: 53849 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

My guess is that they’re already moving assets around to do a coordinated leadership hit - take as many out all on the same day. All the way to the top.

The sketchy part of that factor, is who replaces the Ayatollah and the President?

I’m not saying I’m against the dispatching of both, but will we end up with people that are even more radicalized? We thought taking out Saddam Hussein was a good idea. The world is a better place without him, however it destabilized that region. Saddam was a colossal piece of shit, but he kept the area stable by ruling with an iron fist.

I’m sure people smarter than I am have thought this through, but when Ayatollah Khamenei and President Pezeshkian are gone, who are their successors? I’m guessing Ali’s son Mojtaba would succeed him, and he appears to be a younger version of his father, with less experience and knowledge. Pezeshkian is at least not as crazy or radical as some of the past leaders.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Does anybody have any credible links to details about casualties/damage sustained by Israel from the missile attack last night? From the videos I saw with all the inbounds I have a hard time believing that the only victim was one guy who got hit by a falling tube.

Posts: 9247 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post