SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 173 174 175 176
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The IDF’s internet search results on the word “dismantled” -

https://x.com/IDF/status/1839962896970756231

Posts: 3585 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice to see Israel taking the lead. Sad to see we weren't part of it after the Houthis attacked 3 US destroyers on Friday.

quote:
Major Israeli strike in Yemen

"Strikes come after the Houthis launched three ballistic missiles over the past two weeks at central Israel and the Coastal Plain."

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/396923

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13497 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Sad to see we weren't part of it ....

There hasn’t been a time since December 1941 that our many enemies were more justified in believing that we were absolutely incapable of defending ourselves against aggression of every type.

But don’t forget that if we took action against the Houthis, that would just embroil us in yet another of the “endless” wars that so many whine about, so perhaps it’s best if we just roll over to expose our soft bellies and then everyone will finally leave us alone. That has worked for so many other nations over the centuries, so how could it fail now? Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47707 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Thanks again to SigFreund for recommending the book.

The least I could do for introducing me to Gabriel Allon.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=dan...r-data-refreshed_2_9

As I read the series I am struck by what a good job the author, Daniel Silva, does at making fiction resemble what I have learned about real life from books like Rise and Kill First, or at least what conceivably could be real.

Daniel Silva's early books featuring Gabriel Allon were really good. The last one I read was very leftist, anti religion oriented. I will never read another one of his books.

Edited to add that the name of the book was "The Order". Silva is also good friends with Paul Krugman the "acclaimed" New York Times economist.

Silva's bools have moved away from current events and Israel to a very different story line, and at the end of his latest book, in the authors "Thank You's" he fully admits to being a lefty.

I used to know him well enough to be a bit more than acquaintances (along with his wife), I have nothing to do with him anymore

Posts: 1659 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Israel has called up more reserves, and more families will be without fathers, sons, daughters, and family members for the Jewish Holidays (starting this week).

It's very hard inside Israel right now, and the amount of inner strength is as equally incredible as what is being seen from the outside

There is no choice

Posts: 1659 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I just about pissed myself laughing.

That made my morning. Big Grin

Posts: 17659 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post