SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 177 178 179 180
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The Israelis have already said they’re not publicizing all the details because it could provide Iran with information that might help them improve their next attack. Can’t blame them for being cautious.

Posts: 1224 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

My guess is that they’re already moving assets around to do a coordinated leadership hit - take as many out all on the same day. All the way to the top.

The sketchy part of that factor, is who replaces the Ayatollah and the President?

I’m not saying I’m against the dispatching of both, but will we end up with people that are even more radicalized? We thought taking out Saddam Hussein was a good idea. The world is a better place without him, however it destabilized that region. Saddam was a colossal piece of shit, but he kept the area stable by ruling with an iron fist.

I’m sure people smarter than I am have thought this through, but when Ayatollah Khamenei and President Pezeshkian are gone, who are their successors? I’m guessing Ali’s son Mojtaba would succeed him, and he appears to be a younger version of his father, with less experience and knowledge. Pezeshkian is at least not as crazy or radical as some of the past leaders.

Iran is a unique case, they're not Arab so there's already built-in friction between them and nearly everyone else in the region. Being a religious-theocracy, built-around a religion that practically fetishizes social-conformity, a large chuck of the populace is subservient to the whims of whomever their closest religious leader is. Iran's religious ruling class has about 10,000 imams/clerics that are in alignment with the national figures, just as crazed and warped in their thinking about how the world should be. Then there's several million followers who are zealots, the die-hards, the willing enforcers, eager to exact their leaders orders in the name of their religion, their country and their culture...sounds like a certain mid-century Germanic-movement Roll Eyes .

This is probably a situation where Israel knocks-out several top-leaders, expose the secret police to weaken the internal pillars so the general populace can topple the regime, rather than overt outside intervention.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biden Says He Won't Back Israeli Strikes On Iran's Nuclear Facilities

https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...oil-gas-rigs-nuclear

More at link:

Posts: 13118 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Does anybody have any credible links to details about casualties/damage sustained by Israel from the missile attack last night? From the videos I saw with all the inbounds I have a hard time believing that the only victim was one guy who got hit by a falling tube.

From what I have seen, it was 5 Iranians and one Gazan.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21144 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I'm still a mite confused as to why a Moslem theocracy would send a wave of 'maybe we'll hit/maybe we won't' ballistic missiles at one of the holiest sites of islam - namely, the Dome of the Rock.

Who thought THAT one out?

Posts: 11444 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
The Israelis have already said they’re not publicizing all the details because it could provide Iran with information that might help them improve their next attack. Can’t blame them for being cautious.

Our crooked ass, anti-American media would probably sell us out before the fires were put out with more details than a PhD thesis.

Posts: 13313 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
These days, under current circumstances, don't tell the Americans anything you don't want on blast. Friggin' shameful, but there it is.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5545 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess is that they’re already moving assets around to do a coordinated leadership hit - take as many out all on the same day. All the way to the top.[/QUOTE]

I worry that the number of true believers to take out would be the equivalent of Genocide… sad… but likely.

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2159 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biden Says He Won't Back Israeli Strikes On Iran's Nuclear Facilities

More on the Biden/Obama legacy in the Middle East...

Good article, the first part isn't about Israel. The whole thing is worth reading, here's a sample:

The War against America and Israel
By David Horowitz

Biden’s new administrator of USAID, Samantha Power, is a dedicated opponent of Israel and its Jews. During a 2002 interview, Power said of America’s chief ally in the Middle East that even if it meant “alienating a domestic constituency of tremendous political and financial import” (i.e., Jewish Americans), the United States should stop investing “billions of dollars” in “servicing Israel’s military” and should invest that money instead “in the new state of Palestine.” There is no state called Palestine. The Gaza strip is ruled by a terrorist authority that annually invests hundreds of millions of dollars in terrorism targeting men, women, and children in Israel because they are Jews.

During a February 2016 U.N. Security Council debate on the Middle East, Power — the then–U.S. ambassador to the U.N. — equated Palestinian Arab acts of terrorism targeting Jews with virtually nonexistent “settler violence” by Jews in the West Bank. She also falsely portrayed the Palestinian Authority (P.A.) as an entity that was “pressing for calm,” when, in fact, the terrorist authorities in Gaza and the West Bank not only “pay Arabs huge sums of money to murder Jewish civilians,” but celebrates them as “martyrs.” It also “incites violence against innocent Jews in speeches, official newspapers, social media, textbooks, schools, clubs, government-controlled mosques, government-controlled television specials, and government ceremonies honoring terrorists.”

Biden’s new undersecretary of defense, Colin Kahl, co-drafted the language that attempted — ultimately without success — to omit from the 2012 Democrat party platform any reference to Jerusalem as the capital of Israel — thus encouraging the aggressive delusions of the Islamic terrorist movement. In an August 2012 op-ed in Foreign Policy magazine, Kahl praised President Obama’s call to push Israel’s borders back to the 1949 Armistice lines, which would reward 70-plus years of Arab terrorist aggression and deprive Israel of defensible borders; to accept the creation of a Palestinian state governed by the terrorist organizations PLO and Hamas; and to reject the notion of Jerusalem as Israel’s undisputed capital. In the same article, Kahl blamed the poor living conditions of Palestinians on the “economically debilitating effects of Israeli occupation” — rather than on the Palestinian leaders’ massive corruption and ongoing terrorist aggression.

Kahl was unconcerned, on the other hand, with the hundreds of millions of dollars Hamas received in humanitarian aid that was invested instead in building 300 miles of fortified tunnels 30 feet below the earth’s surface to prosecute a terrorist war against Jewish civilians. This culminated on October 7, 2023 with the Hamas massacre of 1,200 Jews — men, women, and children, including pregnant mothers who had their babies ripped from their wombs and infants burned alive.

Biden’s new undersecretary of state for civilian security, democracy, and human rights, Uzra Zeya, is a former staffer at the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs, a notoriously anti-Israel publication, where she compiled research for a book claiming that “the Israel lobby” had established a secret network of PACs that bribed and extorted congressional candidates into adopting positions favorable to Israel, thereby “subvert[ing] the American political process to take control of U.S. Middle East policy.”

https://www.americanthinker.co...rica_and_israel.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24638 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
quote:

If only they could all fly like this.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4883 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
A humorous LinkedIn meme that apparently Newsweek had to fact check.

https://x.com/visegrad24/status/1842121614294503782

https://x.com/visegrad24/status/1842293505412182085

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4364 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Complexity of the response to the Iranian attack

Good read on the option to strike Iranian nuclear facilities.

Posts: 1811 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
There was an excellent study on that topic about 8-10yrs ago by one of the Washington think tanks, assessing Israeli capabilities against the target(s) and air defenses. If memory serves, the study found a strike to be about 45-50% likely to succeed but with very heavy losses (success being knocking back Iran's nuclear ambitions by 10+ years). This took into consideration combat range, bomb types, refueling etc against Natanz and other sites.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Loudoun VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post