SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Isn’t Hamas always crying that Israel is starving them and babies are dying of malnutrition? Now you know where all that food is going and it ain’t the children. Roll Eyes

https://x.com/themossadil/stat...743745818853423?s=46

Posts: 34158 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
It'd be interesting to know what the Israeli plan is for those prisoners.

Posts: 20253 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
It'd be interesting to know what the Israeli plan is for those prisoners.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...940032505#9940032505

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9192 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I too was moved by Dr. Phil’s unflinching criticism of those University presidents. Well said, sir.

Posts: 13420 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
The vermin should have been stripped naked and doused in cold water for the photo ops.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8423 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
This is (was) the nutjob running MIT. Never trust anyone who wears blue glasses. Blue glasses (and crazy eyebrows) are sure signs of unstable and/or leftist women. Don't believe me? Try it out.

Posts: 20253 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
I'd be interested in knowing what percentage of these universities' charitable donations come from Arab countries. Perhaps it is significant - that would explain their tolerance of anti-Semitic rhetoric, wouldn't it?

https://www.universityworldnew...%20US%2447%20billion.

quote:
During the meeting of the United States House of Representatives Education Committee’s grilling of the presidents of the University of Pennsylvania, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University, Representative Elise Stefanik asked Harvard’s president, Claudine Gay, if she was aware that Harvard’s Center for Middle Eastern Studies (CMES) department had received US$1.5 billion from foreign entities and governments over the past three years.

quote:
But the Harvard CMES figure is just the tip of the iceberg for American universities, according to Network Contagion Research Institute (NCRI), an NGO based at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey (that identifies and forecasts threats in the age of information disorder). American universities and colleges have received US$19 billion from foreign sources that have no recorded nor reported dates of receipts, per the Department of Education (DOE) report dated 6 April 2023 on total donations to that date of US$47 billion.

quote:
Between 2014 and 2019, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates donated at least US$4.4 billion to numerous US colleges. Together with donations from other Middle East nations, over the five years in question, more than US$5 billion was donated to American universities from authoritarian Middle Eastern nations.

quote:
“Over the past three years, the rate of contributions has increased by nearly 55% since 2020. It’s not just that we have a problem, it’s becoming a force multiplier,” said NCRI analyst No 1.

“Our previous work on funding from [Middle Eastern] authoritarian regimes, much of it undocumented, and how it predicts the erosion of democratic norms and antisemitism on campus, gives us reason to suspect downstream influences from these investments,” the analyst added.

Posts: 7597 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goodbye 1.2 million in salary.

Posts: 17378 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
This is (was) the nutjob running MIT. N

Ever notice that all of those in control, at least what I saw at the hearings, are seemingly D-I-V-E-R-S-I-T-Y picks?

No wonder none of them would give a straight answer condemning the anti-Semitism. Eek

Posts: 23052 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It goes beyond antisemitism; we are talking about human beings abdicating their humanity.

Here's something which needs to be seen from, of all people, Dr. Phil. I encourage you to watch this. You can call him a grand-stander, and a grand-stander he may be, but listen to the substance of his indictment of these repulsive university officials. He calls out these evil people for all they are. They have abandoned those they are tasked with leading, at the very moment those students need support and strong leadership the most.

Holy Hell! I agree with Dr. Phil!!
Dogs and cats living together!!
Pandemonium!!!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31609 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“Freedom of speech” is a liberty that everyone should enjoy because it permits and encourages the exchange of ideas that is vital for the health of any open and free society.

That said, it’s always been recognized that like other freedoms there are legitimate limits that may be placed on it. The classic example is we can’t yell, “Fire!” in a crowded theater (unless, of course, there really is a fire). Your right to freely swing your arm stops at the end of my nose.

And there is nothing about our freedom to say whatever we want within those limits that requires the rest of us to accept or even listen to what someone has to say. That in turn means that depending upon our relationships, the people who disagree with us also have the right to object and even take action in response to what we say. Society as a whole has a right to limit our making unwarranted threats of violence because such speech is harmful to society as a whole. Words matter, but not as much as what they signify. If I make an unwarranted threat of violence against someone, that signifies something that matters a lot.

Every employee or other person enjoying a formal association with an organization owes certain things to that organization and voluntarily accepts what’s owed in exchange for pay or whatever else they get in return. Am I free to picket a supermarket and chant, “Cantaloupes will kill you?” Sure. If I work for a cantaloupe farmer, is he free to fire me for saying that? Obviously.

Long ago when the threat to the Nation that support for Communist ideology represented was more commonly recognized than today, I could ask this question when conducting background investigations: “Has he ever said or done anything that advocates the overthrow of the US government by force or violence?” People had the right to advocate something like that while standing on a street corner or publishing a newspaper. The US government in turn also had the right to deny the people who advocated such a thing a clearance to see information classified as pertaining to national defense.

While acting as a representative of a university or other businesses should someone be able to indicate that there’s nothing wrong with advocating the killing of all members of a particular group? Can not a top company representative’s statements legitimately be understood to accurately reflect the beliefs and attitudes of not only themselves, but also of the businesses they are paid so well to represent?

Advocating the unjustified killing of anyone, much less an entire group based on religion, race, or ethnicity, is immoral and cannot be excused on any grounds. Every person who claims to have any moral sense should therefore object to such advocacy. If that advocacy is true of the culture and policies of the organization as expressed by a high level representative, the rest of us are justified in objecting by all legal and moral means, including demanding that the organization change its culture and deal appropriately with those who supported that view.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47504 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
As of 09 DEC 2023, the Government of Yemen declares blockade on all shipping, irrespective of flag state, going to or from Israel, via the Bab al-Mandab Strait and the Red Sea.

I don't think this will end the way the Yemenese are expecting.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31609 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Did the Saudis lift their air, sea, and land blockade of Yemen, yet? If not, how will Yemen enforce a blockade while being blockaded themselves?

Posts: 11215 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

I could be off base, but it seems we still owe Yemen a thing or two.

(Link)

God bless America.

Posts: 13615 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I think the Harvard President is going down. This is the cherry on top.

Rufo [url=https:///][/url]

Posts: 7597 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

I could be off base, but it seems we still owe Yemen a thing or two.

(Link)

Yeah, but this is ALL Iran. Lebanon, Yemen, Gaza Syria. Biden gave them lots of play money, by releasing frozen assets. They know he is balless to do anything against them.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8476 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you really want to take a close look at the matter, check this out:

The Curious Case of Claudine Gay

"She is the common thread in the Epstein, Weinstein, Dominguez, Enos, and Fryer scandals"

Make of it what you will. Published in 2022 with an update on 12/4/2023: LEAKED DOCUMENTS: The President of Harvard swept fabricated data under the rug

Posts: 108281 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I think the Harvard President is going down. This is the cherry on top.

Something about glass houses and stones comes to mind.
I was always a little amazed when someone with an outstanding warrant for failure to appear in court (and they were therefore fully aware of it) was caught speeding. When one has skeletons in one’s closet, it’s best to not draw attention to oneself and invite the curious in to wander around one’s home.

Much of what is transpiring with these people demonstrates that despite their levels of education and having been hired for such prestigious positions, they truly are profoundly stupid.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47504 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Hamas is now threatening to kill every hostage if their demands aren't met. You cannot negotiate with terrorists. If they give in to them, this pattern of savagery will never end. I weep for the hostages but we need to seek out and exterminate every one of these vile criminals. You need to be unrelenting against this ideology. We cannot give in to them, we can never stop trying to kill every one of them. They are roaches. I have stood with Israel for decades and stand with them still. Maybe what we need to do is arm every Israeli citizen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5926 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They're not just savages; they're stupid savages. Killing all hostages would be a monumentally stupid move.

This smacks of deep desperation. The stories of how Hamas is losing badly seem to be true.

Posts: 108281 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post