SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 159
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/WylieGuide.../1733357012476440710

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8359 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Fuckin' cockroaches

Another group some of whose members do not look like they are starving.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47489 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Fuckin' cockroaches

https://twitter.com/MOSSADil/s.../1733540730184880539
<snip>

I assume that the IDF has established POW camps, but I’ve seen no reports of that.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9177 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3956 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems like it would be extremely difficult to be a martyr and surrender. That seems mutually exclusive to me. Maybe they're just chicken shit mother fuckers that like the talk and are afraid of the walk?

Posts: 7592 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
so far the IDF has handled the war really well. Remember almost everyone saying what a heavy price Israel would pay fighting the tunnel warfare?

IDF turned the tunnel "advantage" into the tunnel death trap.

Posts: 19686 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
NEXT!

UPenn President Liz Magill steps down after controversial testimony on antisemitism

Published December 9, 2023 4:45pm EST

University of Pennsylvania President Liz Magill has resigned after widespread public outrage over her testimony to Congress on antisemitism.

"I write to share that President Liz Magill has voluntarily tendered her resignation as President of the University of Pennsylvania. She will remain a tenured faculty member at Penn Carey Law," Board of Trustees Chairman Scott L. Bok wrote in a statement.

Magill resigned days after major donor Ross Stevens rescinded a $100 million gift to the school in protest of the college's handling of antisemitism on campus and her leadership. The board of Penn's Wharton business school also asked Magill to resign and the university's board of trustees held an emergency meeting Thursday as the school faced backlash over her comments.

Both Stevens and the Wharton board pointed to Magill's disastrous Congressional testimony in statements explaining the reasons for their respective actions.

At issue were remarks Magill made before the House Education and Workforce Committee this week in which she refused to outright say that antisemitic chants and calls for the genocide of Jewish people violate the school's code of conduct.

During the hearing on Tuesday, Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y., asked Magill if "calling for the genocide of Jews violate[s] Penn’s rules or code of conduct? Yes or no?"

"If the speech turns into conduct, it can be harassment. Yes," Magill responded, later adding "It is a context-dependent decision."

"This is unacceptable. Ms. Magill," a stunned Stefanik responded. "I’m gonna give you one more opportunity for the world to see your answer. Does calling for the genocide of Jews violate Penn’s code of conduct when it comes to bullying and harassment? Yes or no?" she asked again.

"It can be harassment," the University of Pennsylvania president replied.

Those comments set off a firestorm of scathing condemnations of the university and extracted clarifying remarks from Magill posted on X a day later.

"There was a moment during yesterday's congressional hearing on antisemitism when I was asked if a call for the genocide of Jewish people on our campus would violate our policies. In that moment, I was focused on our university's long-standing policies aligned with the U.S. Constitution, which says that speech alone is not punishable," Magill said. "I was not focused on, but I should have been, on the irrefutable fact that a call for genocide of Jewish people is a call for some of the most terrible violence human beings can perpetrate."

Q

Posts: 26853 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is important to realize that not all colleges have an antisemitism problem. Tulane University apparently does. Suprisingly Tulane has a very high percentage of Jewish students. Harvard has always had an undercurrent of antisemitism.

Posts: 17370 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hasta, pendejo

The university stated the she "voluntarily tendered her resignation". Was that before, or after you strung her up by her thumbs and tweaked her nipples with pliers? Roll Eyes

If it had been voluntary, she would have resigned two days ago.

Posts: 108234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
in her video, Magill said that the U.S. constitution says speech alone is "not punishable".

I guess she has been a strong defender of Donald Trump in the phony prosecutions in Georgia and from 6 Jan.

Posts: 19686 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
It’s a shame they were given a chance to surrender. The problem isn’t solved until they’re dead.

Posts: 53446 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
in her video, Magill said that the U.S. constitution says speech alone is "not punishable".
The hypocrisy is monumental. Again, I ask: If, instead of students carrying around signs (or shouting) that said "Gas the Jews", the signs read "Kill the homosexuals" or "Lynch the blacks", what would have been the reaction of university administration?

Their arrogance is such that they think we're all blind and stupid.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
One down, two to go

Looks like my prediction that all three of them will be gone before New Year’s Day rolls around may come true.

Notice how this waste of oxygen at Penn resigned over the weekend when no one’s paying attention to the news like they are during the week. Roll Eyes

Oh well, you’re still fired BIOTCH

Posts: 34134 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
One down, two to go

Looks like my prediction that all three of them will be gone before New Year’s Day rolls around may come true.

Notice how this waste of oxygen at Penn resigned over the weekend when no one’s paying attention to the news like they are during the week. Roll Eyes

Oh well, you’re still fired BIOTCH

I won as well, on the "Under" bet of 30 days. Arrogant bitch. I'll roll my bet on the other 2 taking the "under" on 30 days. The huge win here is, LOTS of these universities are going to be under the microscope for supporting these anti-Semitic viewpoints. As mentioned by others here had this been any other group it would be snuffed out in heartbeat. the liberal brainwashing may finally have the tables turn on them.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8470 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Say good bye, Magill. She's still on the faculty but I suspect all those sweet sinecures that acrue to so-called elites are going to wither in the board room. I think it unlikely that Nabisco is going to invite her to the board while this albatross of her own hatching hangs around her neck.

One of the things that the Bud light fiasco has done is offered the thought that you can no longer piss in our ear, tell us it's raining and walk away whole.

Posts: 6448 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a good discussion with a friend about this.... his position was, conservatives can't get into the trap of getting offended by signs and slogans, that's the liberal game and we need to be in support of open and free speech and enough with the social policing of thought and discussions. This is a position that I've heard other right-leaning talking heads take.

My take, and I think many would agree is free speech is fine, however this situation, its beyond signs and chants, this is open harassment and intimidation with tacit approval, if not open encouragement from these universities. Offensive slogans and banners is one thing thats free speech, but when aggressive crowds start badgering and harassing persons because of the race, ethnicity or, religion, that when the line is crossed.

Posts: 14824 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Had a good discussion with a friend about this.... his position was, conservatives can't get into the trap of getting offended by signs and slogans, that's the liberal game and we need to be in support of open and free speech and enough with the social policing of thought and discussions. This is a position that I've heard other right-leaning talking heads take.

My take, and I think many would agree is free speech is fine, however this situation, its beyond signs and chants, this is open harassment and intimidation with tacit approval, if not open encouragement from these universities. Offensive slogans and banners is one thing thats free speech, but when aggressive crowds start badgering and harassing persons because of the race, ethnicity or, religion, that when the line is crossed.

I strongly disagree with your friend. Obviously the First amendment always applies, the government has no say in regulation of any speech. Why would your friend think it wise to hold the left and antisemites to a lower bar? If someone who is on the right says something abhorrent, or even something that could be interpreted as anti/phobic/ist there are instant calls for their firing, boycotting, doxing, public humiliation, or even jailing. Hold them to the same standards, if you're an open antisemite, then your scholarship, job, or public standing should be on the line.

To the extent it goes as far as harassment, assault, incitement, intimidation, or any other criminal activity, then charges should be filled.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20929 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fired

But the owner is not faultless. They should have known what was going on or they should have instructed these disgusting fascist little assholes that no political rhetoric in any form was allowed within the walls of the establishment or on behalf of the business.

https://twitter.com/greenbergn.../1733558553816756681

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Yeah, sounds great. By any chance, did the subject of the GLARING DOUBLE STANDARD come up?

In our efforts to demonstrate how fair-minded we are, might I suggest that we make every effort to actually be fair-minded?

Your friend needs to avoid allowing his lofty principles to blind him to what is actually occurring. Claiming "Free Speech" when saying "Kill the Jews" but disallowing such declarations for all other groups, is not an example of the principles of free speech.

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Before President Trump was elected, I was one of the "We need to be above this..." crowd but since 2016, I'm all for playing by the rules and standards that the terrorist-loving commie/nazis are using.

As someone said "Punch back, twice as hard".

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4345 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post