SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas.
Page 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 174
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netanyahu: We are at war. Israel attacked by Hamas. Login/Join 
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
"Anti-Israel agitator in Hamas headband holds up bloodied Biden face mask steps from White House"

they must have gotten the idea from Kathy Griffin

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/i/status/1800231204563870111

----------------------

adding:

New testimony from Noa Argamani:

“I was held at a wealthy family's home in Gaza. They kept telling me, 'You should thank God you're with us; there are far worse places.'

While I was there, they would open the door without knocking whenever they wanted me to clean the house.

When I was rescued, a soldier opened the door and said, ' Hello Noa, this is the IDF .' I thought he was joking, so I didn’t move.

Then he told me, 'I’m going to pick you up over my shoulder, is that okay?' That’s when I realized it was actually happening.

During the departure, the truck got stuck, and it was terrifying. The soldiers were so brave. It was a matter of a few seconds, and I might not have been here today.”

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I see ham-ass fighters are dressed in civilian clothes.
So over 200 ham-ass fighters were killed in this operation.

The IDF needs to level that house now.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39873 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They don't look so tough when they are confronted by real men do they.

Posts: 5792 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IDF uses medieval-style catapult against Hezbollah

Soldiers build trebuchet to burn dry brush and get rid of hiding places for Hezbollah terrorists near the northern border.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/391512

IDF forces used a strange asset, a medieval-style catapult, in order to set fires that would burn away dry brush on the Lebanese side of the northern border.

The area targeted by the catapult is dense with thorn vegetation that makes it difficult for IDF forces to locate and identify Hezbollah terrorists approaching the border.

Early in the war, the IDF used Molotov Cocktails to burn away the terrorists' hiding places. Lebanese sources have claimed that the IDF also used UAVs and white phosphorous munitions.

In order to find a solution to the problem without using up valuable munitions, reservists stationed at the border decided to construct a trebuchet, a tool that can throw heavy or burning objects thousands of feet and was widely used in hundreds of European wars until the 15th Century.

The commanders were reportedly unhappy with this ancient weapon and preferred to use drones to accomplish the task.

The soldier stated that only one trebuchet was constructed and there are no intentions to use it for any other missions.

Commenters on social media expressed wonder and amusement that the IDF, one of the most technologically advanced armies in the world, would use such an ancient device.

Posts: 13100 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Commenters on social media expressed wonder and amusement that the IDF, one of the most technologically advanced armies in the world, would use such an ancient device.

Well, there is the 3500 year old "Manual" used for almost everything, including warfare, tactics and whatnot...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44482 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
MAKE READY MY TREBUCHET!!

Posts: 109097 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Settle for a cat-a-pult, M'Lord?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44482 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

Would they prefer Napalm and land mines? Sometimes the old ways work best, cheapest and most humane.

Posts: 4761 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Here is a detailed story of the Israeli rescue operation.

I really wish this had not been published. Why would you ever tell the enemy how you defeat them ?

https://www.thejc.com/news/isr...tage-rescue-e2t1d8qu

too long to post, but here is opening paragraph:

On 12 May, Israel received intelligence about the location of four hostages in the Nuseirat refugee camp area in the Gaza Strip. From that day on, every branch of Israeli intelligence was focused on the area 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to locate the exact location. A team of undercover ‘Mista’arvim’ (units that assimilate into local populations to gather intelligence) were sent there, mainly in the local market of Nuseirat.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Outstanding. The Israelis are smarter than their enemies. They are savvy and capable and they excel at raids such as this. Comparing them to the Hamas terrorists and their collaborators, is like night and day.

Some day, the story of this raid will make for a good movie.

As to the story being revealed now, I'm not concerned. The fisherman is not concerned that the relatives of a caught fish see how it was caught.

Posts: 109097 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yes.
Israel's enemies know that if Israel wants to tap them on the shoulder, they will tap them on the shoulder.

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

I really wish this had not been published. Why would you ever tell the enemy how you defeat them ?

On 12 May, Israel received intelligence about the location of four hostages in the Nuseirat refugee camp area in the Gaza Strip. From that day on, every branch of Israeli intelligence was focused on the area 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to locate the exact location. A team of undercover ‘Mista’arvim’ (units that assimilate into local populations to gather intelligence) were sent there, mainly in the local market of Nuseirat.

That little nugget of info might be a misdirection or the cover story. Magic is filled with similar things.

Posts: 4251 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see ham-ass fighters are dressed in civilian clothes.

Funny how the green and black battle rags are only for murdering and raping civilians, when it's time to fight real men they go back to pretending to be average Palestinian citizens. Cowards.

Posts: 10807 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Para, can we add a "medieval weapons" "room" to SigForum?

Posts: 18365 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard on a podcast this morning that bows and flaming arrows are also being used along the border with Lebanon by the IDF. They're going medieval, yep. Melee weapons are next.

Posts: 3399 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
I heard on a podcast this morning that bows and flaming arrows are also being used along the border with Lebanon by the IDF. They're going medieval, yep. Melee weapons are next.

The Joe's (or, Aaron's?) in the field are finding a field-expedient method to dealing with the heavy vegetation growth. Easier to use fire rather than complicate things like spreading about a toxic herbicide.

Meanwhile, the press breathlessly whines about why such an advanced force like the IDF, needs to use such archaic and ancient methods....yet none of these commentators have ever worn a uniform, been in the field at any length nor dealt with complications that need to be dealt with ASAP. The video game generation thinks that all problems can and should be dealt with futuristic technology yet are mystified that diesel engines and riding horseback are still used. Roll Eyes

Posts: 15070 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Knives are still used by soldiers and arguably knives are pre-human.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17565 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
MAKE READY MY TREBUCHET!!

You only own one? Smile

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32037 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

SDY, I share your hesitancy at posting information the enemy could use to disrupt future operations. However, it’s equally possible this is written to sow discord within the enemy formation. We’ve used highly publicized false reports of enemy informants to motivate self-purges so they kill their own team chasing ghosts. Also good to keep your adversary over-estimating your own capabilities; it’ll slow down any offensive planning and keep their leadership focused on self-preservation.

At this point I’m retired and have no idea what the truth is, but have seen enough to realize if sourcing is from a government there is a highly professional group vetting and manipulating each word. As I’m sure you also know Smile

Posts: 2450 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post