SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random thread about nothing....
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random thread about nothing.... Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Flying back from PHI after a visit to see mom. Got settled in my seat and told the wife I didn’t want anything from the snack cart. Put my noise canceling ear buds in and put on almost 2 hours of uninterrupted Pink Floyd. Who knew you could still enjoy flying commercial.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3854 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The recipe said to put the ingredients in a bowl and fold them together, so I did.

Who knew? You're not supposed to fold PYREX bowls.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30711 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
Flying back from PHI after a visit to see mom. Got settled in my seat and told the wife I didn’t want anything from the snack cart. Put my noise canceling ear buds in and put on almost 2 hours of uninterrupted Pink Floyd. Who knew you could still enjoy flying commercial.

I've been thinking it'd be nice to have some tunes in the shop.

I've never had much luck with CD's and players in that environment what with the background noise and my hearing loss.

I've always made fun of/talked shit about kids running around oblivious to everything but their ear pods.

Well, after talking to my grandson, I downloaded Spotify and here I am, a deaf old man with Pink Floyd blasting in my hearing aids... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15263 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The fashion tip said that your shoes should match your belt.

I'm barefoot today.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30711 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I've spent a fair bit of time bitching about technology, howsumever...

My new TV, while it has Alexa which I didn't want, has a feature I really like: Built in bluetooth. I walk into the room, turn the TV on, and BIP! It sees my hearing aids, I've got sound in my ears!

Posts: 15263 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

And it just keeps getting better!

I've been wrassling with a wireless bridge between the house and the shop. After a couple of days of dicking around I couldn't get a reliable WIFI signal. Receiver showed 3 out of 4 signal strength but the laptop would do "fair" at best and dropped out if I sneezed.

Also couldn't get a CAT5 connection between my wireless router in the downstairs computer room and the bridge transmitter in the upstairs window. I figured (correctly) that it was a bad cable but I'd long since given away all my testing equipment. Ordered a cable tester, it came in today, it was indeed a bad CAT5 Plug (not fully seated before crimping) and after replacing that, BOOM! Rock solid ethernet connection.

Next step is to get an HDMI cable, take the 43" TV I just replaced because software issues and use it for a monitor.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
When unpacking and putting up your Christmas lights -- you know, the little candlesticks you put in your windows -- make sure they're not the light-sensing kind. I put four different bulbs in one of these, until one of them was "on a second, off some more." Finally, grabbing the thing out of the windowsill, I inadvertently covered up the sensor and the light came on.

And then... well... the light came on! Big Grin "Durr! It's light-sensing!" Roll Eyes

Took the Sharpie to it, marking it as such, put it back in the box, and replaced it with a "normal" one. All is well!

God bless America.

Posts: 13516 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
If every time I dry a load of clothes, I pull out a baseball sized wad of lint, how is it that I have any clothes left at all?

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't adjust to time zone changes well when traveling.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Wherever you go, there you are.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10730 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The cat threw up again.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Yes, I got this via email, but it was too funny not to post.

THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW IF YOU MOVE TO THE SOUTH
1. A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.
2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in the South.
3. There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in the South, plus a couple no one's seen before.
4. If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite cha.
5. Onced and Twiced are words.
6. It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy!
7. Jawl-P? means: Did you all go to the bathroom?
8. People actually grow, eat, and like okra.
9. Fixinto is one word. It means I'm going to do something.
10. There is no such thing as lunch. There is only dinner and then there's supper.
11. Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar. It is referred to as the Wine of the South.
12. Backwards and forwards means I know everything about you.
13. The word jeet is actually a question meaning, 'Did you eat?'
14. You don't have to wear a watch, because it doesn't matter what time it is, you work until you're done or it's too dark to see.
15. You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH em.
16. Y'all is singular. All Y'all is plural.
17. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect, or animal.
18. You carry jumper cables in your car for your OWN car.
19. You only own five spices: salt, pepper, mustard, Tabasco, and ketchup.
20. The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local high school sports, motorsports, and gossip.
21. Everyone you meet is a Honey, Sugar, Miss (first name), or Mr (first name)
22. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
23. You know what a hissy fit is..
24. Fried catfish is the other white meat.
25. We don't need no dang Driver's Ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive!!!
26. You understand these jokes.
27. Why did the chicken cross the road? To show that stupid possum that it CAN be done!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31468 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Interesting fun thing: Go over to O'Reilly Auto Parts' web site, and do a search on part number 121G.

Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13516 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Well, after talking to my grandson, I downloaded Spotify and here I am, a deaf old man with Pink Floyd blasting in my hearing aids... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Rumors continue to persist that you can teach old dogs new tricks.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3854 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
They say that loud pipes save lives.

I drove around the block with an 8.3L V10 straight off the headers before getting new cats.

Guess what? Nobody died.

Posts: 9166 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

If every time I dry a load of clothes, I pull out a baseball sized wad of lint, how is it that I have any clothes left at all?
Save the lint. You can use it to make more clothes.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
If anybody is missing a charging cord, my wife found it in my youngest son’s room today. I kid you not, she showed me a dozen wall warts and three dozen cords she pulled from his room.

Second funniest thing that happened: when he got home, he asked me if Mom cleaned his room. I said “Son, that’s the dumbest question I’ve been asked all day."

Posts: 10995 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
I ate the butt end of a waffle fry from Chik-fil-a today. Baby steps.

Posts: 1991 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How did I manage to get by for several years of mainly carrying my G19 when I did carry, and do so with only the three magazines that came with it? The G17 has twelve. Time to pick up several more.

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Listening to a circa 1967 Christmas album (but on CD) that Mom picked up originally at a stop to Kentucky Fried Chicken way back: Christmas Eve With Colonel Sanders. I think Mom's original LP was $2 with the purchase of a bucket of chicken.

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post