SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random thread about nothing....
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random thread about nothing.... Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
The speedometer on our SeaDoo hadn’t worked in two years, but I ran full throttle for a few minutes yesterday and the speedometer started working. Worked all day today as well.

You failed to mention the top speed. My 2008 Yamaha Waverunner VX reads 57 with a light fuel load and sitting low and towards the stern. Don't know GPS speed.

Posts: 7485 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
It’s a 2005 RXT and said 70. Earlier this summer, it hit 68.9 on the GPS with a slight headwind, full fuel, and my 130lb son on the back, so 70 is probably close.

Posts: 11022 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My friend is a big supporter of women's rights. He goes to all the meetings of the feminist groups, like N.O.W.

He says it's a great way to pick up chicks.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30737 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Revisiting the "Contemplating the value of carrying a fixed blade knife in these troubled times" thread has convinced me that I need a couple more knives.

ETA: I got an Ontario Knife Co. copy of the ubiquitous Ka-Bar. Love the grippy handle.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rat2306,

Posts: 3227 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Home made pickles made from home grown cucumbers are SO much better than anything you'll find in the store.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16536 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back from Safeway. Pumpkin spice ale, coffee, etc. stacked everywhere. Sam Adams Oktoberfest beer stacked to the top of the shelf.
And the temp will be in the mid 90s tomorrow. But if my glasses don't need changing, a little red is appearing in some of the maple trees.

posted Hide Post
It will be hotter on Labor Day here than it was on the Fourth of July but I refuse to call it climate change. I prefer to say it is Summer's Last Stand.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I went over to Lowes this morning, and Halloween decorations are out. Right next to the snow blowers.

We're not even a week past Labor Day.

Roll Eyes

God bless America.

Posts: 13522 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What we used to call Indian Summer is here; several days of 80-degree weather. The local maples are a beautiful red.

Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I just learned that carrot cake is not a vegetable Confused

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6322 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
It will be cold in South Dakota this week. Tough on the pheasant hunters. Glad got my birds last week with reasonable temperatures!

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I put my pants on

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38006 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't want to brag but I put together a jigsaw puzzle today in just a few hours. The puzzle box said "three to five years." Pretty damn good I would say. I am so proud of myself!

Posts: 1057 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
It is snowing leaves. The clean up is going to take a while. I count them as I go .

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
A few years ago, my Dad and I sold a piece of a property we own to the water company so they could build a new water tower.

We just asked them today how it was going and they said they have all the approvals except for the county. The county said they are waiting for the water company to get approval for the project from, the water company.

I can't make this up.

Posts: 11022 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thinking of you Dad

Cold November Saturday

Miss chasing the deer

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12350 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Even though pork belly apparently has 2 muscles running perpendicular, you can slice it wrong. My bacon is stringy. Go figure. That's the problem with half a belly, can tell which side is/was longer.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12451 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Costco on a Saturday sucks.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20845 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How the hell does Costco sell a pumpkin pie this big for $5.99?

Posts: 382 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just set my clocks back one hour. I hate the thought of it being almost night at 5:00 p.m.