SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Random thread about nothing....
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random thread about nothing.... Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creedbratton2:
How the hell does Costco sell a pumpkin pie this big for $5.99?

The same way they sell a rotisserie chicken for $4.99 - loss leader.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16629 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
quote:
Originally posted by creedbratton2:
How the hell does Costco sell a pumpkin pie this big for $5.99?
The same way they sell a rotisserie chicken for $4.99 - loss leader.
Don't forget the $1.50 1/4 lb. all beef hot dog with refillable soft drink.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31370 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I managed my first foray into the Windows 11 registry.

Managed to disable the ambient light sensor and now the backlight doesn't change every *^$@!! fifteen seconds.

Okay, so it is a small victory, but a victory nonetheless.

Posts: 9401 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Dad’s in the hospital, he’s fine and should be out today. I’m at Dad’s house watching his dog over night. Can’t take the dog to my house because he poops and pees all over at our house.

Anyway, county has an ordinance that says no work before 7:00am. Apparently, that doesn’t include lining up the cement trucks backing down the dead end road my Dad’s house is on in preparation for the work. Beep, beep, beep, beep… and the occasional airhorn.

Who needs an alarm clock?

On a side note, the house the work is being done on was built in the wrong place on the lot. Like most Florida homes in a hurricane wind zone, the walls are concrete block with vertical and horizontal rebar plus the blocks pored solid at certain intervals. They sawed the walls off the ends of the house and are pouring new footers where new walls will be built so the finished house will meet the setbacks. Glad it’s not my house.

Posts: 11590 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Well shit, which way is up?

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10985 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:

Instrument student? Nose down, airspeed approaching the yellow and presumably increasing, bank angle alomost 60° so close to 2G wing load, classic spiral.

Raise your hand if you're an instructor and haven't seen this a bunch of times . . . Just like I thought, no hands raised.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: V-Tail,

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31370 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Instrument student? Nose down, airspeed approaching the yellow and presumably increasing, bank angle alomost 60° so close to 2G wing load, classic spiral.

Raise your hand if you're an instructor and haven't seen this a bunch of times . . . Just like I thought, no hands raised.

Luckily it was just dying. But yes, we have all had that lovely experience of a near death experience...

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10985 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Luckily it was just dying.
I concluded that it was a spiral based on the information shown. Photo did not show back-up information like VSI, Needle-Ball, vacuum gauge (or is that AI electric?), nor does a still photo show movement trend of airspeed & altitude.

For gyro instruments that are dying, there is an outstanding instrument shop at Gainseville FL; they do excellent work on rebuilding AI, HSI, etc. at very reasonable cost with fast turnaround time. I can check my records for contact information if you need it.

Re "we have all been there," one of the standard items on my checklist when instructing Bonanza pilots, was a very thorough explanation and practice in the air, of proper recovery technique from the spiral, which can develop very rapidly in a Bonanza (or any other low drag airframe). We would drill this until proper recovery became instinct and was executed without thinking about it. With that training, JFK Jr. would not have perished on his flight from Caldwell NJ to Martha's Vineyard.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
Yes sir...vacuum operated. It's in a Mooney M20K. It has Garmin G500 off to the left. This failing beast will be replaced soon with a Garmin G5. They will remove the vacuum pump afterwards. It also has a lithium battery from https://earthxbatteries.com/
They are considerably lighter. Nice to shed some weight. I should have shared another pic of the whole panel...

FBLM LGB!

posted Hide Post
$7.99 for Claxton Fruit Cakes at Safeway. Prepandemic I think they were $3.99.

Posts: 3378 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mooney
A Mooney based at Our Little Airport had been in the maintenance shop for the better part of a year, for extensive upgrades. During this time, the owner got a bit rusty, too.

The airplane came out of the shop and the owner took it up for a test flight. Here's a photo taken immediately after the first landing:

=

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Oy

Well back to the shop for more maintenance and an engine tear down

Posts: 53770 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
So …

I was thinking …

Posts: 53770 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Someone came up with an AI script to make it seem like "David Attenborough is now narrating my life"
Kind of amusing in a nerdy way.

https://x.com/charliebholtz/st...815159590293764?s=20

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
quote:
I should have shared another pic of the whole panel...

Yes, you should! ;-)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mjlennon,

Posts: 1850 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
We had another visit from the bear last evening, he was lying down and rolling around in our front yard.

We have named him Norman. He is cuddly and likes belly rubs and bacon treats. We are teaching him how to use a hula hoop. He gets an extra bacon treat if he does well in the lesson.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
A bear was the first living organism to survive a supersonic ejection testing the ejection pod on the b-58 Hustler.

Posts: 7626 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
My son plays in a no contact inline men's hockey league and he was the brunt of 9 minutes of penalties assessed on the other team last night. 4 minute double minor for a stick to the face, and a five minute major penalty for a check to the head. It got chippy when my son's team got and maintained a four goal lead in a game pitting two teams with 6-2 records.

Posts: 7626 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My wife picked up a DiGiorno frozen pizza at the grocery store.

It is much easier to chew these if you let them thaw before eating.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My turkey carving knife has chips in the edge.

Posts: 11590 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post