SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    People in California are calling for a 'Calexit' from the US in the wake of Trump's win
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People in California are calling for a 'Calexit' from the US in the wake of Trump's win Login/Join 
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I'd absolutely love it. As stated that's 55 electoral votes no longer going consistently Blue and essentially giving the Democrats a 55 point lead every single Presidential election.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
I wish them luck with with the $472 Billion plus in Debt they are....

http://www.usdebtclock.org/sta...rnia-debt-clock.html

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
So, would you let them go? I know it's considered treason by SCOTUS, but if the house and senate approve a resolution, and the president signs it, can it happen?

Btw this has been going on for a while. The Trump effect just kicked in to high gear.
Oh, Oregon has started their independent Cascadia petition. Theirs look like it takes part of Washington and the west coast of Canada.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
if those dems want to leave, fine by me

just makes winning elections in the future a lot easier

but they lose everything.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53195 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
What needs to happen is for California to be split up. It is too big for its britches. I know they think that the size of their economy makes them invaluable to the point that they must be continually courted and caressed. They think that they can impose their perspective and goals on the rest of the nation. Truth be told a Calexit would destroy both parties. There is no way California could endure and prosper completely isolated. There is no way the rest of the nation would want to lose that coastline and other resources. Calexit talk is just a tantrum. Writing them off with a terse middle finger is really just spite. Calexit will never happen. If it got far enough the US govt. would put the movement down like a rabid dog.

Six Californias made sense. Which, of course, is why the initiative did not qualify for the ballot this year.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
We are semi-planning our personal "Calexit", hopefully by this time next year.

Same with us. We're putting our home on the market in primetime, this March, move into a small temporary apartment, and spend 3-6 months buying our next home, out of state. Hope to finalize this whole plan before the end of 2017.
Please come to Dallas, Texas. Dallas County was the only "blue" county in the whole of north Texas and we can use the help.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
All you Cali members take a look at this:

Our custom 6,000 SF home, 3,575 SF Shop, 4.7 acres fully fenced in restricted 24 home neighborhood, Appraised at $1.3 Mil, great schools, low taxes and great recreational state with a rolling economy. For sale at $895K.

At age 71 we want to downsize. PM me if interested.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
What do we think the land is worth? I suppose if they want to buy it, paid in gold and silver bullion, they can have it....

But remember, there is no return policy... all sales are final.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Californians leaving California is what's fucked up the rest of the country. They move to rid themselves of it then try to change their new locale to be just like it. Oregon, Utah, and Colorado are prime examples and states like Montana aren't too far behind.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Californians migrating to other "red" states should be prohibited from local and statewide voting for at least 5 years, giving them time to become acclimated to a life of freedom and to absorb he local culture.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
The Press has lost a lot of credibility, it has found it no longer leads the nation.

This Calif crap is simply another way to sell papers using another sensational event, if they can make it appear to be one.

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Fowler:
The Press has lost a lot of credibility, it has found it no longer leads the nation.

This Calif crap is simply another way to sell papers using another sensational event, if they can make it appear to be one.

Yes. But you'll understand how strongly I wish to live where I am but separate and unencumbered by the idiots on the coastal region. Smile

Taxes, regulations, 2A, etc. That's only the surface. It's the day to day idiocy that really drives one mad. There is only so much of this entitlement attitude one can take. The idiots that move from here to other regions are the ones probably who felt they weren't getting their 'fair' share and are seeking it elsewhere. It's not that they are sick of it. It's that they want more and think they can get it elsewhere like OR, WA, CO, etc.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12732 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
After Obozo won there were threads and chatter about TX doing the same so can we really say much about the CAEXIT whoopla?

Posts: 23481 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
that means cook county IL should be next in line

Blago for President!

He'll finally have something "effing golden"!

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
The press inflamed the nation once and many died.

Maybe the press will be successful and we will have a Civil War between the red and the blue.

Too bad the press does not work on healing a nation and building a strong union.

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
After Obozo won there were threads and chatter about TX doing the same so can we really say much about the CAEXIT whoopla?

I think the reason that this is prompting so much glee (aside from the obvious appeal of getting rid of so many far-left voters) is that when the Texas secession idea came up, much of the left was very vocally derisive about the stupid conservative idiots that wanted to leave.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, many more liberals seem to be whining much more seriously about how it's a great idea and they should be allowed to do it.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
It's nothing more than a clown parade. Just like the dumbasses that hoop and holler for the whole State of Jefferson retard fest.
Maybe Trump could build a wall around the Bay Area, Sacramento and LA. Then this would be a good state to live in again.

NRA Life Member

Capital punishment means never having to say, "You again?"

Posts: 4135 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I don't understand you guys at all. If the Euros will take Syrians, the Euros will take Californians. We just have to dump them somewhere on the continent so the EU has a chance to wring their hands and claim that they have no choice but to take the "refugees" (from Trump, perhaps? That oughtta sell well in France).

We keep the land. All of it. It makes no sense for the people with guns to feel obliged to give land to the people with no guns.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Sure. We actually had a real reason to be upset.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I don't understand you guys at all. If the Euros will take Syrians, the Euros will take Californians. We just have to dump them somewhere on the continent so the EU has a chance to wring their hands and claim that they have no choice but to take the "refugees" (from Trump, perhaps? That oughtta sell well in France).

We keep the land. All of it. It makes no sense for the people with guns to feel obliged to give land to the people with no guns.

It would never work. The Euros know who Leftist Californians are and what they do.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29710 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post