SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

I just posted a picture of my avocado toast-poached eggs a few days ago.
I tried it for lunch today. It was a hit! Mrs. V-Tail approved.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crockpot chili...

Posts: 3590 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now THAT ^^^^ is a good lookin' bowl of RED!!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
MRBTX that chili looks amazing!

For me, I'd pass on including those corn chips. I know...to each their own preferences. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Have a nice Boston Butt that will go into my vintage 1990's classic Dazey stoneware slow cooker for tomorrow eatin'.

Tried something different. Instead of employing BBQ sauce on the finished meat (Sweet Baby Ray's is the "go-to" here), I went with an initial rub down of Za'atar, EVOO, minced garlic clove, fresh ground tellicherry pepper, and kosher salt. Sliced up a sweet onion to add to the meat in the pot but no additional liquid.

I was both surprised and impressed with the end result. Very tasty and moist, with a decent amount of liquid generated.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Steaks on the grill
3 ribeye 2 NY strip

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15239 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Steaks on the grill
3 ribeye 2 NY strip

Looking Tasty!

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks bald1 and Yeeman.

Costco sells the ribeyes is a four pack- so we did steak and chicken kabobs tonight. :-)

(Three of us eat meat)

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underdog:
... we did steak and chicken kabobs tonight. :-)

Oh man oh man! Great pictures of some great food!
If this was when I lived in Ponte Vedra Beach I would have broken all the speed limits headed down to your abode. hehehehehehehe

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1981 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:

The wife treated me well last night.

Looks tasty. Are you going to publish the formula?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Ribs marinated in Chipotle for 3 days and jalapeno poppers.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Lamb chops drizzled with rosemary sauce and mushroom parmesan risotto.

Posts: 20058 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Untoasted 'light' bread, Duke's mayo, and a slice of perfectly ripe local tomato: my favorite sammich.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
No pics but last night's dinner (and today's lunch) was pretty darned good.
Boneless beef short ribs with home made marinara on a bed of buttered spaghetti squash topped with a fine dusting of mizithra cheese.
Ribs were pan seared and finished on a broiler pan in the oven.

Posts: 10848 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
The second best sandwich in the world.

Posts: 20058 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Untoasted 'light' bread, Duke's mayo, and a slice of perfectly ripe local tomato: my favorite sammich.

That sandwich really looked good until you brought up Dukes. Better with Hellmans Mayo

Posts: 473 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Buckwheat pancakes

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I just got home from work. So I decided to make the following:

A cup of roasted and salted macadamia nuts and 1 sea salt chocolate Carmel square.

Technically, it was already made, but I had to open the containers.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ham swiss Hawaiian roll sliders and two kinds of wings. Those little sammiches are so fine.

Posts: 3590 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Something completely different Big Grin

A light dinner of a "salad" made with:
--burrata mozzarella
--watermelon
--red grapes
--basil
--mint
--balsamic reduction

and served with chilled Moscato d'Asti and artisan bread

USN (RET), COTEP #192