SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Mike,
What saffron did you use? Stuff is expensive and not easily found locally.
Dinner looked great!

Morton and Bassett Saffron Threads. It was $16 for a little amount in a sealed container. Here is a link to the container, but it was in my local grocery store: https://mortonbassett.com/products/saffron-threads

This was my first time using saffron. I will use more next time. I didn’t want to overdo it with it being my first time. I probably only used 15 threads.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8735 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
My first attempt at Kung Pao Chicken turned out pretty good!

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1782 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Today I used the leftover saffron risotto to make lobster, roasted asparagus, and risotto.

The lobster looks dark but it wasn’t burnt. It was from the paprika I used in the butter sauce I spread on it. Tasted fantastic!

I will use this risotto recipe for now on as it is the best I have had so far.

Posts: 8735 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
risotto recipe

Details please Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16503 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
risotto recipe

Details please Smile

Here is the recipe. Where it says to cook on low and add chicken broth each time it is absorbed, I did it on medium low as low was taking WAY TOO LONG! I also used shallots instead of an onion.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Orange chicken from scratch in the wok tonight! It's one of the few stir fry recipes the kids ask for.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17574 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Orange chicken from scratch in the wok tonight! It's one of the few stir fry recipes the kids ask for.

I love orange chicken and finally found a recipe I love and use. Good stuff! Anything from scratch is the best!

I don’t think I posted pics the last time I made it. It is double fried, which makes it nice and crispy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: StorminNormin,

Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
No pics but tonight it was Johnsonville Brats, Copycat KFC Coleslaw and southwestern spudz (tater tots with jalapeno and a touch of cheddar).

Posts: 4093 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thread needed a good bump. Smile

Nothing special but nice comfort food: medium rare flat iron steak, sautéed Vidalia onions and mushrooms, biscuits and gravy. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16503 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Copper River Salmon is in, and finally got around to buying a chunk.
With some fresh fettuccine with Alfredo and Parmesan.

Best salmon ever. I never knew I was a salmon snob till moving over to this side of the state…

Bill R

Posts: 1137 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Decided to go macrobiotic today...

Macro by kpkina, on Flickr

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16823 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Zuppa Toscana for me.

It's been kind of cold/windy/rainy around here the past few days and was in the mood for some good soup.

I substituted spinach for the called for kale as kale is a vile weed. Turned out fantastic.

Posts: 20520 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11540 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
T-Bones on my Santa Maria

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1782 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Har Mak Talay using Cu Chee curry and cod.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5993 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Steak and potatoes.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21093 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Nothing special for dinner, but dessert was yummy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21093 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I didn’t even think of taking pictures as was too busy cooking.

I have NEVER made smash burgers as I have always made thick steakhouse type burgers my whole life. Well, my wife wanted smash burgers so I ordered a cast iron griddle that will fit my stove top and also my BGE and a cast iron smasher.

I researched recipes and ended up on how I wanted to do them and they came out AMAZING! This is the only way I will make them for now on! I also made fresh cut fries. They were truffle oil fries done in an air frier with added parsley and Parmesan cheese, which came out so good.

Next time I will take pictures.

posted Hide Post
Buffalo wings. With a enhancement.

Wings patted dry.
Spray lightly with olive oil
Add rub.
Rub
8+3+1+1
Light brown sugar
Salt
Cayenne pepper
Then a mix of these to make 1
Black pepper
Chili powder
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Smoked paprika
Slap yo mama.

Rub wings
In air fryer 330° F for 14 minutes, tuning halfway through.
Then 400° for 10 to 14 minutes tuning once.
When they reach desired crispness remove and toss with favorite buffalo sauce.

It's not quite BBQ with the rub being a spin on BBQ rub. But not your average buffalo wings.

ARman

Posts: 3208 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Crockpot BBQ Pork Ribs

Two (2) slabs of St Louis style ribs, cut into 2 bone portions

Seasoned with dry rub

Browned in 400° oven for 8 to 10 minutes

Placed rib portions in 6qt crockpot

Pour a mixture of 18oz of favorite BBQ sauce and 8 to 12oz jar of red pepper jelly over ribs

Cook on low setting for 6-hours

Sides were Bush beans and cole slaw

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2788 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post