SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Tonight we're going back to our Chicago food heritage and having Chicago style beef sandwiches... actually what's called a combo with the beef with Italian sausage with provolone cheese. . Some fries and coleslaw. Tomorrow, ribs, corn on the cob and the usual sides. Diet and big gym session on Tuesday. Wink

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not dinner, not tonight (OK, I might still some). I have been hard at it in the kitchen for 4 hours for tomorrow's 4th of July get-together.

My uncle is having a pool/cookout 4th party, and he's supplying the burgers, brats, hotdogs, and pork chops.

Potluck kind of thing.

I'm bringing a few things.

1st on the list is burger sauce, both regular and spicy.

2nd is Hawaii Macaroni salad.

3rd Japanese potato salad.

4th is what I call red, white, and blue potato salad. The dressing is based off Alabama white bbq sauce, but it has more brown sugar, and acv in it.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Chicken & Dumplings...

That looks AWESOME.

Please send me that recipe. My grandma used to make one like that and I never had a chance to write it down before she passed.

I am also interested in a recipe. I know my grandma’s recipe but the dumplings do not look like a biscuit in any way. You add the raw dough in small chunks at the last 10-15 minutes. I love it, but my wife hates it so I never get to make it. She might like it if the dumplings are a little more biscuit like. That is the way it seems at least from the picture.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Crockpot cooked a rack of baby back ribs, tried the MW version of corn-on-cob (see other thread), and wife mixed up store-bought Cole slaw mix with Duke’s slaw dressing.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Forgot to take pictures as I was starving. For the first time ever I slow smoked my skirt steak for beef fajitas. It came out really good. I cooked them at 220 degrees for 1 hour and used a 50/50 mixture of lime juice and beer to spray on them every 15 minutes as I flipped them to keep them moist.

Tomorrow night will be brisket beef hamburgers.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since this is the 4th of July, I am grilling 1/4 lb. Nathan's hotdogs with onions and mustard. Potato salad and baked beans for sides. Will finish it off with a piece of Key Lime pie!! Happy 4th to all.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I made some bacon jam this weekend. This stuff is off the hook and a nice departure from the usual condiments. Endless uses. Great on any sandwich or just by itself on some toast or a English muffin. I made it to put on some burgers Saturday. Gave away a few small jars to the neighbors.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
bacon jam
recipe?
Man that looks and sounds great.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16191 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I am making a homemade arrabiata from tomatoes and peppers from the garden. I've also home made meatballs. Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight.

Yesterday was the cul-d-sac firework extravaganza. I smoked a tri-tip and paired it with smoked yukon gold potatoes and cucumber & tomato salad.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Pork ribs.

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Bacon jam recipe? Man that looks good.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the recipe I been using for bacon jam. There's lots of recipes out there but this is the best to my liking. Lots of ways to riff on this I also started adding a teaspoon or two of bourbon. Also use the best quality maple syrup you can find.

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
No pics, but dinner was chicken and spinach enchiladas. Love them as left-overs.

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
We did smashburgers on the new Blackstone. Used brioche buns and 'Murcan cheese (freedom cheese, baby!) and they turned out great...

No pics, consumed too quickly.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
wife was off on a 'girls only retreat' so I had a nice Angus NY STrip, cooked rare over charcoal, and some roasted brussels sprouts,
washed down with a few fat tires

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Shrimp scampi rolls, and holy crap were they good!

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Last night... it was a nice little dry-rubbed pork tenderloin on the grill.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazing as it seems I've never done a whole beef tenderloin before. I've done fillet mignon aka Chateaubriand but never a whole tenderloin. I picked up 5lb unpeeled one last week on a whim and took it up to the lake with me. Prepared it yesterday. Took a little crash course on how to clean cut and tie them with butchers twine also a first for me.

Turns out it was the neighbors 46th wedding anniversary so we had them over for dinner. 46 years is a long time we are only a few years behind them. Only pic I took was after the trimming cutting and tying was done.

Top is the head of the tenderloin. Bottom left is the tail portion. This was actually cut in two pieces then one stacked on top of the other before being trussed. Bottom right is the fillet mingnon. Dry brined overnight and then smoked it to about 122 then seared over the open wood fire and rested for twenty minutes. Turned out absolutely heavenly! Served with smoked potatoes and carrots, shrimp seasoned with Saigon 21 rub from Oak Ridge BBQ cole slaw, fruit and bbq beans. We were trying to clean out or fridge as long as we had a couple extra mouths helping out!

Topped off with the neighbors desert of fresh raspberry cream cheese cake with a ginger bread crust. Amazing!

posted Hide Post
From the past week and a half or so.
Lasagna, fish tacos-tilapia, and gumbo.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Monday was my birthday. Friends came over for supper who just returned from a fishing trip to Alaska. They brought Sockeye filets with them that were instantly cut and flash frozen. I’m sorry I didn’t photograph the filets; they were beautiful, a brilliant red-orange. I charcoal grilled them with applewood and they terrific. Down here, sockeye is not a favorite of mine. Turns out, I’ve never HAD sockeye.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post