SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Snow crab claws with lemon garlic butter and fresh homemade coleslaw.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Damn Rogue, that Curry Chicken looks incredible. I wish our favorite pre COVID Thai restaurant was open. I'd order that in second.

Jim

If you like chicken and curry, try this Mulligatawny recipe. I made a batch last week and it's fantastic.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rogue and Gustofer for the recipes. My wife is the cook in our house and she doesn't like curry at all. I'll get the stuff I need and and just make it myself soon.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
barndg00,

Haven't had pheasant in longer than I care to admit. Your meal sounds great. Do you clean the birds yourself or have them done for you?

When we hunt, we the birds are skinned, gutted and frozen for transport home. I then generally breast them out and vacuum seal them. I’d like to get one plucked to try smoking.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Just got home from the local brewery. Did not feel like cooking so it was grilled cheese and french fryers.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The wife started a trial for the Hello Fresh program. Made our first one tonight. Sesame soy pork bowls with chili mayo, cilantro and crispy onions. I was very impressed. It was excellent.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Caldo de res. There's beef short ribs down on the bottom.

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I tried Hello Fresh and a few others, the deal was we share the task every other night. I am not a cook, and failed miserably, even with instructions. The meals were great!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Caldo de res. ...

That looks damned good, and I often get in the mood for some Mexican soups in the colder months.

Along the same lines (but back on Saturday), I made Cochinita Pibil tacos.
My first time making it from scratch, and it's also damned good. Made pickled onions to go along with them, which is a traditional garnish for it. Along with some cilantro, queso fresco and some hot sauce on some corn tortillas...yummm
It was easier than I thought it would be, and I'll be doing it again soon.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
That looks damned good, and I often get in the mood for some Mexican soups in the colder months.

Same here.

Pozole Verde is my go-to, and I tend to have it a few times per month, especially during the winter.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Birria tacos, God's gift to man.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Birria tacos,

Ok - now I’ve got a plan!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12418 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Birria tacos,

Ok - now I’ve got a plan!

Hope you.got a lot of time on your hands, these took six hours+ to make, but it's worth it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Gotta browse this thread for ideas. I know one thing - it won’t be ham!

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Comfort food for a snowy day. Smile

Making a big pot of navy beans & ham. I use this recipe as a starting point and tweak things to suit. It has a way to go before it will be ready to eat.

https://www.deepsouthdish.com/...p.html#axzz3MLGoaliY

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Had a Turkey and Ham to cook for Christmas, we decided to do the Turkey only, so yesterday I smoked the ham for 4 hours at 275 on the Traeger. Coated it for the last hour with a Maple Bourbon Glaze. Turned out pretty Good.

The center ham on the bone and some solid bits will be going in the crock pot this weekend with navy beans ala Bald1...

Going on The Traeger

Pulled from the Smoker and Resting

A little view of the slices before carving off.

Plated with mashed potatoes

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
The center ham on the bone and some solid bits will be going in the crock pot this weekend with navy beans ala Bald1...

:thumbsup:
Sometimes I think the navy beans and ham is better than the ham itself served as a main dish. LOL

I made our spiral cut ham with a bourbon peach preserves glaze FWIW. Smile

Almost done... bubbling away thickening up nicely and most all of the meat has fallen off the soup bone. Big Grin I had used a hand ricer press (shown below) for a large cooked Yukon Gold potato I added to enrich / thicken the broth.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
...and served. Big Grin

This is one of those dishes that tastes even better the second day. Smile

Mmmmm... stick to your ribs comfort food. Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That looks fartastic Big Grin

Seriously, that looks amazing, haven't had a good bean and ham soup since my bud moved back to MN a few years ago.

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cooked a big pot of navy beans and ham hocks just about 10 days ago. I do love them, and I got 4(four) meals out of that pot of ham and beans (had 4 nice ham hocks in the pot).

To go with them, I baked a full pan of jalapeno corn bead muffins. I felt like I had died and gone to Heaven!!

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post