SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Scamp with stone crabs and Joe's mustard sauce along with au gratin potatoes. And copious amounts of chardonnay for me.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not dinner, and not tonight but I made them Sunday for a cookout yesterday.

I made Hawaiian macaroni salad, and dill pickle potato salad, which was new for me.

They turned out great and were a big hit! I had very little leftovers, considering the potato salad was 6lbs of potatoes!

I had just enough leftovers for today and tomorrow.

ARman

Posts: 3152 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Smash Burgers on the flat top and fries tonight.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Double Double with fries? Looks good!

No pics (I keep forgetting).

Had brined and grilled pork belly (slices). Bite by bite: Dipped in salt/pepper sesame oil, placed on rice, topped with kimchee and wrapped in nori (seaweed). Think samgyupsal (korean pork belly wrap). But without the sauce or the lettuce - didn't have the ingredients on hand.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaMike:
we are watching our carb's and we really miss pizza, so My wife found a Recipe for a pizza using Cheese for the Vessel
We have had it twice now.
Bacon, Italian Sausage, Ground beef, Banna peppers and onions.

This looks and sounds good!
Unfortunately, I wouldn't have a bowel movement for a week. Frown

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Another variation on the pizza is to use sausage as the “crust”. I take a pound, cut it in half, lay it out on an oiled parchment paper, cover with wax paper and roll it out. I then transfer the parchment paper and meat to a sheet pan. I make a “curb” on the edges of the meat by bunching the meat up a bit. Add Italian seasonings, garlic to the top. Put it in the oven @400 for 10-15 minutes. Take it out and drain the excess rendered fat off. Add marinara, onions, cheese, etc then back in the oven for 5-10 minutes. Your only carbs are the little you get from the veggies you use and that’s pretty small.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lasagna and Merlot

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Threw this together...no recipe.

Minced garlic browned in butter and EVOO, crumbled crisp slice of bacon, diced Roma tomato, fresh parsley, coarse ground Tellicherry black pepper, and lots and lots of Parmigiano Reggiano.

Started with the idea to do up some derivative of cacio e pepe, strayed far afield and ended up with this. Good stuff!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Minced garlic browned in butter and EVOO, crumbled crisp slice of bacon, diced Roma tomato, fresh parsley, coarse ground Tellicherry black pepper, and lots and lots of Parmigiano Reggiano.
Looks GOOD! We do something similar, with the addition of anchovies and maybe some sun-dried tomatoes.

White wine is my second choice for that; I prefer a red, either Chianti or Rioja.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30672 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today's lunch was the leftovers from Sunday nights dinner, and last night's.

Sunday I did a crawfish boil, whole crawfish (unfortunately frozen, as fresh is hard to get), corn on the cob, potatoes, and andouille sausage, steamed to perfection with beer, cajun seasoning, Old bay.

Monday night I made some Minorcan Clam Chowder.

Again fresh clams are not easy to get, and are expensive, so a can of each whole, menced, and 2 cans of chopped clams.

Add the juice into the pot from the can when you add the fish stock and ckam juice from the bottle.

2oz salt pork
2oz smoked bacon
2 cups of red potatoes chopped small.
1 medium/large onion chopped fine
1 large clove of shallots chopped fine
2 to 4 cloves garlic chopped fine
2 to 3 medium/large carrots
2 to 4 stocks of celery
1 if each red, green, and yellow sweet peppers chopped.
Datil pepper to taste (hard to get, can use habanero <in smaller quantities and use Datil pepper sauce to get the flavor>Wink
1 can 8oz tomato paste
1 15oz can diced tomato
1 10oz can rotel
1 ts of rosemary
1 ts of thyme
1 ts of oregano
1 ts of dried cilantro leaves
1 tbsp of salt
1 tbsp of fresh ground pepper
1 carton seafood stock
1 carton vegetable stock
1 8oz bottle clam juice
3 bay leaves

In large soup pot on high heat
Render salt pork and bacon, when crisp, and well rendered remove from pot and reserve for later.
Add vegetables (but not the chilis) and cook until onion is translucent, and vegetables are tender.
Add the seasoning, tomato paste, and then the chili peppers, once chili slightly softened add the canned tomatoes, fish and vegetables stock, and clam juice and potatoes.
When the potatoes are almost cooked add the clams, salt pork and bacon in cook until potatoes are tender.

I like mine spicy so I use 1 and a half of habanero or 2 Datil pepper when available.
I usually use 1 habanero, 1 poblano chili instead of the green bell, and about 3 or 4 tbsp of Datil pepper sauce then adjust.

So, if you don't like it too spicy cut back on the hot stuff at first the adjust to you liking.

Also, when cooking the vegetables you might need more fat/oil I add butter and olive oil if needed.

Makes about 6 or 7 quarts.

Serve with garlic bread

(Garlic Bread quick and easy)

Cut french bread in half
Melt half stick of butter, add italian seasoning to butter, pinch of salt. Some finely menced garlic.

Lightly toast the bread, while hot

Take some garlic and rub the bread, brush on the butter mixture and toast to you likeness.

ARman

posted Hide Post
Tonight chicken adobo. I haven't made it in a long time, and the other day I was thinking about making it,when I was at Krogers I saw a package of chicken thighs on sale and I thought it was a sign!

Turned out delicious! Served on white rice with the sauce poured over. Chicken was super tinder.

ARman

posted Hide Post
Tonight I made some crawfish and shrimp etouffee, and garlic bread. Some white rice, smothered with the perfectly spiced crawfish and shrimp etouffee. With an ice cold beer.

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

ARman

posted Hide Post
Pork schnitzel, roasted potatoes, smothered cabbage.

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Pork schnitzel, roasted potatoes, smothered cabbage.

That looks fantastick. I don't know what Schnitzel is . Haven't seen it at Krogers. I'll go to my butchers
shop and see. I'm trying to find new foods.

Posts: 955 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My schnitzel-

Pork loin- wrap a slice between layers of plastic wrap, pound it with a meat hammer to about 3/8", put it in an egg/milk wash for a few minutes, batter it with panko or other bread crumbs, then pan fry.

posted Hide Post
1 cup of sliced cantaloupe,
One slice of multi grain toast w/ butter,
4 ounces of 85% lean ground beef.
3/4 cup of prune juice

A small apple
1/2 liter of water.

600 calories
M m m m m
Roll Eyes

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54642 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
We have some thai basil the wife grew from seed so...

Thai Basil Chicken!

Damn those thai chiles are spicy...but it was excellent

I used ground chicken as that is what the local thai place uses for theirs (Thai China on 55 in S. Durham fyi)

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

3/4 cup of prune juice
Drink that much prune juice and you'll lose weight for sure!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30672 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaMike:
we are watching our carb's and we really miss pizza, so My wife found a Recipe for a pizza using Cheese for the Vessel
We have had it twice now.
Bacon, Italian Sausage, Ground beef, Banna peppers and onions.

Buffalo Chicken pizza by Manuel Ortiz, on Flickr

That looks good. I found a recipe that uses chicken and cheese as the crust. This is a buffalo chicken pizza. I believe it is from alowcarbstateofmind on IG and tiky.

Posts: 21 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: May 20, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
20220426_181401 by Manuel Ortiz, on Flickr

This Italian chopped salad recipe from The Modern Propper is my one of our families favorite. Fresh, delicious. It is a lot of chopping but worth it.

Posts: 21 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: May 20, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post