SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
You are a stronger man than I am, those things look like they need heavy sampling.

In my old age I've developed a lot of restraint born of decades of experience. LoLoLoLoLoLoLoL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shrimp and cheese grits

Posts: 3577 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Had a hankerin' for spaghetti aglio e olio, but since I'm keto-ing, that was out. Then I thought, why not make it with spaghetti squash? So...I did.

It was almost better than with pasta. I'll be making that again.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I know this is nothing new, and a number of you guys have talked about smash burgers in the past. I've tried SmashBurger® before, was not impressed. Homemade ones on the other hand, heaven. I liked them so much I've had them 3x in the last week. If you've been on the fence do it, I didn't have a griddle, but wifey wanted me to make some after seeing a YouTube video. I got this one for $22 from Costco. Works great! Wipe it with a handful of paper towels before it cools and and comes perfectly clean, nothing sticks, just wash with soap and water after it cools completely. It's also available from Amazon for $34.

What you end up with is a juicy yet slightly crunchy gift from God. It defies all thought, you smash it but it's still juicy. You lose the charcoal and burnt fat taste, but it's replaced with the entire surface having a maillard reaction and the resulting flavor is amazing.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
My classic Shrimp Boil.

1 gallon water
1/2 cup Old Bay or your favorite seafood seasoning (Zatarains, etc.)
1 bottle of beer
2 tablespoons salt
2 lemons cut in wedges
6 smashed garlic cloves

Bring that to a boil in a large stock pot. Then add:

2 sweet onions cut in wedges
12 little Red Potatoes (whole) or 8 medium Red cut in quarters.
Cook 8 minutes

Add 2 pounds of Smoked Beef Sausage
Cook 5 minutes

Add 8 ears of corn cut in half (thawed frozen ears of corn thawed works in winter when fresh isn't available.
Cook 7 minutes

Add 4 pounds of unpeeled JUMBO shrimp (can be frozen)
Cook until Shrimp just turns pink.

Drain and dump on a paper covered table or really big platters. We use pizza pans.

Serve with suitable quantities of Yuengling Lager.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Paula Deen's Seafood Gumbo!

I made this for Mother's Day yesterday but this is the last of it.

I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but did for the most part. I used two Polksa Kielbasas and threw in some Tony Chacherie's seasoning.

It was just the right amount of spice and flavor. The seafood part is shrimp, scallops and crab meat. They didn't have crab meat at the store so I had to buy 1 pound of crab legs and extract the meat for the dish.

The recipe made so much, we would have had gumbo for the next 4 days, so I shared it with three other neighbors.

If you want the recipe, search youtube for Paula Deen Gumbo and you'll find it.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5367 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Damn benny6 that looks good!

Neither southern shrimp and grits, nor dinner. Big Grin

Whipped up some shrimp (from raw) and fixings last night. This morning I was inspired to put this together.

Diced up some already cooked baby potatoes for treatment by the Cosori air fryer. Peeled and gently warmed up the left over shrimp. Served them with a scramble made from cheese and finely diced tomatoes and onions. Damn this was tasty!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
A very nice prime ribeye

with some frozen peas/carrots and some mashed taters. Chianti and bread not shown.

I was gonna save half of the steak for sandwiches tomorrow...but I didn't (burp!).

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15470 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic looking rib-eye!! I can almost taste it.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Leftover drunken ribeyes sliced thin, then seared. Sweated some onion and a couple cloves of garlic in. Then water, noodles, flavor packs, and frozen corn, peas, and carrots. Topped with chives cause this is fancy Ramon Noodles. Cool

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pork schnitzel and cabbage.

Posts: 3577 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday.

Build-your-own bacon cheeseburgers with carmelized onions and orange bell peppers.

Yum.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Baja fish tacos. Stolen from Natasha's Kitchen...
https://natashaskitchen.com/fish-tacos-recipe/

It was damn good! Family and neighbor loved it! I added rice and beans.
had one of each with tilapia and Alaskan Cod

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5367 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wow. Lots of appetizing food on this page!! And nothing says hello like bacon with a cheeseburger on the side. Smile

Those tacos look good - we had something similar tonight. Not as fancy but I fried up some coated and seasoned prawns. Then had seven layer dip and salsa as condiments. Simple and tasty after a bike ride today.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12679 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Merguez kebabs. Slapped them on some homemade pita and topped with fresh lettuce from the garden. Didn't have any greek yogurt to make a proper middle eastern sauce so I just squirted some ranch on top and dang if it wasn't good. And yeah, I need some better skewers. Just ordered some good flat ones.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Cooked on the Louisiana Grill Komodo with cowboy lump coals, temp at 400. Massive rain storm during cook...

Baked Potato coated in butter salt and then grilled for one hour, butter and sour cream, salt and peppered to taste, a Bone in Pork Chop seasoned with Good Shit, cooked 5 min on each side at 400 and fresh tomato slice...

Protection Kobun Cold Steel Fixed Blade

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Grilled kielbasa, garlic, onion, and peppers. So easy, so good.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Fourth of July dinner:

Cap steak with cucumber salad made from cucumber and peppers picked from my garden.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Whomped up a sort of stew using Hereford canned roast beef and gravy, a large container of green beans from Long John Silver, and small cans of kernel corn and mixed vegetables, drained. Ate half of it yesterday and will eat the rest today. Sorry--no picture.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Skins, that looks and sounds great. But you broke the rule: steak shall be larger than sum of all veggies unless accompanied by bacon. Smile

Do you season the steak before you roll it? I usually season all surfaces for a few hours, pat dry then roll and cook.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12679 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post