SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism Login/Join 
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Why in God's name does the Salvation Army even have an "International Social Justice Commission " ??

That might be the root of the problem right there.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
When an entity adopts and promotes SJW false principles, it joins the SJW cause making it effectively [an] SJW.

This ^^^^^

If the SA had simply done a thing that acknowledged that, while we've come a long way, racism still exists, and they would do their part to promote equality: I'd have been fine with it.

But what they did, instead, was promulgate and promote a false, divisive narrative.

I won't stand for it. Not for one moment.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Went to town today for the first time since this fustercluck came to light.

Passed two SA kettles. They looked very lonely. Didn't see anybody stop.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The SA is no better than any other group that uses a false narrative to further their interests. I don’t give a shit whose feelings it hurts to make them own this clear attempt to profit from white guilt. SHAME on them or anyone else that defends this behavior and then tries to make people feel bad for the “affected poor”. Christians didn’t precipitate this. Neither did the poor. Stop trying to shift blame away from the assholes did precipitate it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Seriously....who the hell do they think fills their kettles with money every year...or rather used to. They just alienated most of their donors.

Why do they feel the need to pander to the small % of SJW dweebs who likely wouldnt donate even if they had money?

quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:
Why in God's name does the Salvation Army even have an "International Social Justice Commission " ??

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:

Indicates to me just how far CRT has metastasized.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
Ok, I get it (sort of) but I just want to point out that the enemy here is not the Salvation Army (again, I agree they f'd this up).

The enemy is the SJW and the woke mob. Sure SA should not have caved even this little bit. But they are the ones that are losing, and those that they help.

The BLM are rolling around in their righteous millions that are still piling in, and no one gives a shit.

The SA being out a pile of donations? The cold the hungry, the in need. Yeah. I am still pissed. Dont give to SA, give somewhere, just dont celebrate it as some sort of victory or paint them as a bunch of overpaid, top heavy fatcats. That is what the Red Cross is for.

Thanks for not making this personal, I appreciate that. But like I said, I have benefitted from them in a personal way. They get a free pass from me.

Redstone, I totally agree with you! Black LIES matter is at the heart of this, and they are the enemy.
But when the enemy infiltrates into organizations like the Salvation Army, and those organizations start spewing their sjw crap... I'm pretty much DONE with them.

They USED TO BE a great organization, and DID a lot of good stuff for people that needed help.
All past-tense. At this point, with that organization being infiltrated by the sjw/blm crowd, I wouldn't put it past them to distribute more to "certain people" than they would to everyone equally.

I don't think anyone here is chalking this up as some sort of victory. If anything, I think the majority on Sig Forum and other conservatives find this sad and pathetic that the Salvation Army decided to "go woke". And unfortunately the Salvation Army isn't the only ones to venture down that "woke" path.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8346 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Link to the Salvation Army’s “International Social Justice Commission” web page(s). They’ve got lots to say about a lot of things.

Link

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
It is a shame, because the SA has been for all time one of the most valid charities. The CEO's salary was not exorbitant and reputedly more than 85% of monies donated went to assist the needy. Very few charities could compare with their level of aid distribution. It has always been one of the first places I'd put any money. Considering their recent actions, I must reexamine my thinking about them.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Who the Hell do they think has been donating to them all these years? Sounds like some gum popping idiot in HQ came up with this idea.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Link to the Salvation Army’s “International Social Justice Commission” web page(s). They’ve got lots to say about a lot of things.

Link

Thick with platitudes, sparse on details. I think it’s intentionally vague. Typical of proselytizing radicalism. Yes destroy poverty by holding authorities to account. What the H does that mean? Who doesn’t want to destroy poverty but all authorities can so is rob Peter to pay Paul. There is a devil hiding in the details of the SA social justice commission. They showed us their slip. There’s far more they’re concealing.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got a mailer from the Salvation Army seeking a contribution. I was going to trash it but instead I'll write "I'm Sorry" and send it back.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I guess if anything comes of this, I hope that they fire the dumb F who allowed this in and clean it out.

Two years ago (whenever the last Christmas before covid was) I worked the angel gift distribution. the family getting their gifts also got a free turkey and box of food to make Christmas dinner.

I helped one family walk their angel tree gifts (they received) and the free food (they received) out to their car.

It was a Mercedes. I kid you not, personal story.

I went to the head guy, actually wearing an SA uniform. He said they vetted them but didnt say how.

Now most really needed the help but definitely some were just freeloading the system. Its these MF'rs who probably got the CRT crap installed in the SA.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

But it comes with a handy coupon book.

Posts: 5739 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:

LOVE IT!

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
Ok, I get it (sort of) but I just want to point out that the enemy here is not the Salvation Army (again, I agree they f'd this up).

The enemy is the SJW and the woke mob. Sure SA should not have caved even this little bit. But they are the ones that are losing, and those that they help.

The BLM are rolling around in their righteous millions that are still piling in, and no one gives a shit.

The SA being out a pile of donations? The cold the hungry, the in need. Yeah. I am still pissed. Dont give to SA, give somewhere, just dont celebrate it as some sort of victory or paint them as a bunch of overpaid, top heavy fatcats. That is what the Red Cross is for.

Thanks for not making this personal, I appreciate that. But like I said, I have benefitted from them in a personal way. They get a free pass from me.

The enemy IS the Salvation Army.

They neatly put themselves in that category when they formed their social justice commish. Much like politicians, they turned on those who feed them. Then, to make matters worse, they lied about it.

They own this.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just yesterday, I decided no more $$ to the SA after all of this crap!! I sent in a Christmas contribution to St. Jude Hospital for kids. You know what?? I feel just fine with my decision.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:

Will they fit into the slots in the kettles?

Posts: 4176 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
This organization recently paid off the home mortgage of a local [fallen] firefighter's wife and family.

Tunnel to Towers Foundation https://t2t.org

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
quote:

Will they fit into the slots in the kettles?

I printed two pages, cut them out and folded them in half. Yes, they fit. Smile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post